Author Topic: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings - Town Win  (Read 75263 times)

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings - Town Win
« on: May 22, 2008, 05:49:47 AM »
The Rules for Lord of the Rings Mafia

Please read the rules as in both the last 2 games people have been mod killed for posting direct messages from me. I don’t enjoy doing it but I will if you break the rules. The other newbie mistake is editing your posts, do not do it.

Some unique rules for this game, hopefully it all works out!!!

The game will last for a maximum of Seven Mafia Days. If the Town reach Day Seven with a live Hobbit and the Ring then they automatically win regardless of who else is alive. It is possible.

Only Hobbits and Gollum can carry the ring indefinitely without any ill effects.

You cannot claim to be the ring bearer in any post, if you do the lure of the ring causes everyone to attack you and lynch you. The game will then move into a night phase.

If all the Hobbits are killed the ring then falls into the hands of one of the fellowship they can only hold the ring for one Day phase before it consumes them and they die during the night phase. If the Fellowship runs out of players Gollum claims the ring, he can carry the ring indefinitely without any ill effects. If Gollum is then killed then the Mafia win. If Gollum is dead before the last of the Fellowship are consumed by the ring then the Mafia win.

If the Sauron, the Nazgul and Gollum are killed before Day 7 then the Town win.

Day 1 – Rivendell to the Gates of Moria
Day 2 – The Mines of Moria     
Day 3 – Lothlorien and the journey down the River Anduin   
Day 4 – Dead marshes to Mordor     
Day 5 – The Black Gate
Day 6 – Minas Morgul
Day 7 – Mt Doom

However the same usual Mafia rules apply

* To attempt to get the game flowing there will be time limits for the day and night phases, where the day phase will occur during a 1 week maximum period.
    * Nights will last therefore between 24-48 hours. If night choices come in earlier, it will dawn earlier. If you don’t get your choices in on time then you miss out on them.
    * Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. If the majority vote is reached before the 6 days then the day will still finish and the night phase begins.
    * The person with the most votes at the end of the day phase will be lynched, in the result of a tie then the toss of a coin will decide who gets lynched. If more than 2 people are tied then I will randomly draw the name from a hat.
    * Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Make sure you vote as so   vote TCH 
    * Please be attentive and unvote, before casting a new vote, you can only vote for one person at a time.
    * The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
    * Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. The Graveyard awaits the dead player.
    * Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts you are likely to be mod killed otherwise.
    * Don’t quote any messages from me. You will be mod-killed if you do.
    * If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice then you miss out, which might result you being quite unhappy
    * If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
    * I should post a vote count, ever so often, maybe every page or every alternate one. Please feel free to request one should you deem it necessary.
    * If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, and with the best explanation that I can. 
    * I am always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in thread, I'll have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.
    * If I'm going to be unavailable for more than a day, I'll post that information
    * Most importantly...this is a game and we're here to have fun. Do your part.
    * lastly.........Good Luck
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:33:48 PM by stevenryals »

• Busy Bee
Re: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings Game Starts Monday
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
we have a late entry to the game, making 17 players playing, so to keep the game fair for all players i have modifed the following rule slightly.

At the start of Day 7 if the town have players alive they will have the ring and would currently win the game. The modification i have made is that if Gollum is alive on Day 7, he then selects one of the players left and kills them. If they are the current ringbearer then Gollum wins, if he guesses wrong then the town win.
The Mafia must prevent the game reaching day 7 as they cannot win otherwise.

This way all players have the opportunity to win.

• Busy Bee
Re: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings Game Starts Monday
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 09:08:11 AM »
The playerlist for this game is

AfroBoy
Bluestars
FootballNewb
Hammerbro
Happy Axeman
Hippo
LaserBlue
Liverbird
Miasg
MikeBlue
Mophead
Sir Hammer
Stevenryals
SVH
Trick Pony
Wesmancity
Yorkshire Blue

• Busy Bee
Re: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:46:43 AM »
Bilbo, Elrond and the elves of Rivendell gather to watch the fellowship head off with the one ring. A perilous journey awaits and they know that some if not all of the fellowship might die in attempting to get the ring to Mt Doom to destroy it. The Nazgul are out searching plus  the one eye, Sauron wants his ring back and will stop at nothing to get it.

So Day 1 starts with the journey from Rivendell to the Gates of Moria.

With 17 players Nine votes will cause a lynch.

The time frame for Day 1 is as follows, once every player has posted once in the thread you will have 72 hours till you reach the Gates of Moria and the day ends. At that point the person with the most votes will be lynched or in the case of a tie i will randomly select a person to be lynched.

The game has begun, good luck to you all

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:20:31 AM »
"Were off to see the wizard" .. no wait wrong movie ..

17 players 7 days max .. this needs to be thought out well from the get go and no rush votes like the end of the last game  :laugh:

gotta wonder what hammerbro is seeing how the posts were sent out before he joined .. for me very doubtfull he's any of the main characters so he's most likely to be normal townie or added to mafia .. I'd say 80% townie -20% mafia.  Obviously Bilbo and Elrond aren't in this game either since they watch everyone leave .. so make sure if you list the possible characters to take them out (I think  ???)

not even going to start FOSing or Voting this early .. yeah not even you :clown: - yet.  Must be time for a turn around though.

C'mon on all get on and start posting .. gimme some of your thoughts on what might happen in this version of the game

hippo

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »
Should be interesting this, seems a decent concept. I confused myself with all the ring stuff when i was first reading the rules, but it's essentially just a normal game with a little twist isn't it. Hopefully people are pretty active, to help with the 72 hours thing.

I suspect MIASG of being Gollum myself. Or if Gollum isn't acting as a serial killer role, then i suspect him of being a serial killer - but i'd guess Gollum is a serial killer, sneak attacking in the night with rocks and all that. Just because a day or so after the roles were sent out, he started saying how serial killers should get extra points for winning in the Hall of Fame thread. Just a hunch really.

FOS: MIASG

As for the speculation about hammerbro, we should keep an open mind. He's not going to be one of the very, very key characters, but he could have been added to either of the sides (i know there are technically 3 sides, but i think we can rule him out as far as being Gollum goes) and he could still be powerful either way. So let's not just assume he's an ordinary townie because he was added late - it could  prove costly later on, if we did.

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:24 AM »
Something tells me this is going to be a very fast paced game...
And hopefully we (the aussies) don't wake up to 10 pages of stuff to read through again :P

MIASG is always suss no matter what... but I doubt he is lucky enough to get the role of Serial Killer again...
I actually think he may be good this time round...

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 10:57:48 AM »
Something tells me this is going to be a very fast paced game...
And hopefully we (the aussies) don't wake up to 10 pages of stuff to read through again :P

MIASG is always suss no matter what... but I doubt he is lucky enough to get the role of Serial Killer again...
I actually think he may be good this time round...

he was mafia last time so he could get to be a serial killer or even a mafia again why not?
Axemans plastic moderator. I wear the suit, with fuck all power!

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
yeah hippo I was serial killer 2 games back in the tripping the rift game .. thought it was impossible to win as serial killer so they deserved more than 1 point .. but that's not this game.  No idea if there is a serial killer in LOTR .. maybe the only one is gollum.  I am not gollum I can give you that for free.  Thanks footynewb 1 game in and you've labelled me as always suss  :clap: ...  Good news is I'm back to the good guys side.   I still don't think I'll be playing much differently though.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 11:06:29 AM »
he was mafia last time so he could get to be a serial killer or even a mafia again why not?
I've got better odds in winning the lotto than getting  >:D 2 in a row .. sort of laughed when I saw my normal but boring role .. I liked playing the bad side.  Pretty much resigned myself to not being around for the 7 days ..

and while I think of it my mrs is due to give birth Thursday arvo  :thumbup: :cheers:.. I've been saving the gold coins for the internet cafe so I won't miss much.

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »

to Wesmancity: I think TCH would have done the things at random so MIASG's role in the last games wont matter.

this game seems interesting. im gonna FOS:MIASG as well just because that last post seemed dodge to me.

Trick Pony

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
Im thinking we should start by trying to list all the possible roles that TCH would have put in the game from the movie so any suggestions ? Im going to have a look around to get up to date with the roles from the movies. Though i will start the list with the some I found from the following site which may help
http://www.lordoftherings.net/legend/characters/

Townies
Aragorn
Arwen
Bilbo
Boromir
Denethor
Elrond
Eomer
Eowyn
Faramir
Frodo
Galadriel
Gandalf
Gimli
Legolas
Merry
Pippin
Sam
King
Theoden
Treebeard

Mafia roles
Gollum
Saruman
Sauron
Shelob
Witch King
Wormtongue

Quig

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »
As always the first day is filled with no one having any idea on what to do. Now, due to the different aspects of this game we should approach it differently than usual. Firstly, theres a time limit on this game. 7 days and we win. As long as the hobbits/fellowship are still alive. I can assume there are more townies than baddies so a lynch at this stage, unless someone slips up, would have a much higher chance of getting one of us. Therefore, I suggest a no lynch until we have someone reveal something incriminating. One thing i think we may need to catch however is golum. I'm assuming that as the way for him to win requires all the of the townies to die therefore giving him the ring that he can steal it at night possibly. So I think our main goal should be keeping Frodo (most likely ring bearer) alive and getting golum out. As long as Frodo is hidden he's relatively safe. Therefore, for now, Vote: No lynch

• Busy Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »
to Wesmancity: I think TCH would have done the things at random so MIASG's role in the last games wont matter.

this game seems interesting. im gonna FOS:MIASG as well just because that last post seemed dodge to me.

correct all roles were randomly drawn

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »
As always the first day is filled with no one having any idea on what to do. Now, due to the different aspects of this game we should approach it differently than usual. Firstly, theres a time limit on this game. 7 days and we win. As long as the hobbits/fellowship are still alive. I can assume there are more townies than baddies so a lynch at this stage, unless someone slips up, would have a much higher chance of getting one of us. Therefore, I suggest a no lynch until we have someone reveal something incriminating. One thing i think we may need to catch however is golum. I'm assuming that as the way for him to win requires all the of the townies to die therefore giving him the ring that he can steal it at night possibly. So I think our main goal should be keeping Frodo (most likely ring bearer) alive and getting golum out. As long as Frodo is hidden he's relatively safe. Therefore, for now, Vote: No lynch

This is an interesting Idea ... I never know who to vote for on day 1 & we nearly always lose a good guy  :hmmm:

I just thought though if no-one votes & fos anyone then we would start day two out no wiser than day one... except with probably less good players... unless the cop/investigater gets lucky ???

I hope peeps are going to get more involved this time.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
I'd say that if there are no votes at the end of day 1 then TCH would randomly draw someone to die .. TCH can you confirm or deny that ?

bloody hell TP that's 26 characters (or was king theodin 1 charcter?) .. I reckon possibly then 13 goodies and 4 baddies (gollum and 3 mafia) ..
Townies
Aragorn
Arwen
Boromir
Faramir
Frodo
Gandalf
Gimli
Legolas
Merry
Pippin
Sam
Treebeard
Eowyn or Galadriel

Denethor
Eomer
King
Theoden

waved goodbye
Bilbo
Elrond

Mafia roles
Gollum
Saruman
Sauron
Shelob
Witch King
Wormtongue

not wanting to quote the mod :) something major to remember

DON'T CLAIM TO BE THE RING BEARER - you'll be lynched on the spot

things I'm not too sure of: -
how does the ring move onto someone else if they have it and die?  do they choose a person or character? or is it done for you?

If all the Fellowship die and Gollum claims the ring, but makes it at the end is that a townie victory?

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Bluebird first, rag twat second
  • Busy Bee
  • Have some of that Wurzels!!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
TCH in your summaries at the start of each day could you add the members that are still alive please? In some previous games a few players have slipped out of sight due to this as I havent been sure who is playing.

I think Hammerbro is on to a good tactic, lets not lynch anyone unless we are certain. The more townies stay alive the greater the chance of winning.
Season 4 World Cup Winners - Sweden

Blooooobirds!!!!!

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »
I'd say that if there are no votes at the end of day 1 then TCH would randomly draw someone to die .. TCH can you confirm or deny that ?

Dont think this is fair at all if he does this. I would rather vote someone than let that happen since a random lynch by TCH would tell us nothing. Its in the Main Mafia Rules thread that you can Vote for a no lynch so unless he wants to change that then I assume you can still do it.

I think Hammerbros idea sounds alright, but obviously we dont know how many bad guys there are out there or what their powers are. I do know we need to keep the hobbits alive as long as possible so maybe a no lynch wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

yorkshire blue

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 05:58:19 PM »
whats the point in a no lynch were just wont get anywhere
apart from lose townies through the night
but the first lynch is lucky and usually ends up good

Quig

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »
Normally a no lynch is a mafia stall tactic for them to get the first kill. But, in this game where there is a 7 day time limit its actually working the other way. Its in the best interest of the townies to stall out for the full 7 days. As long as the ring is still in good hands. Which at the moment, i assume it is. Therefore the less people who die, unless we stick gold, the better.