Author Topic: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings - Town Win  (Read 75620 times)

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
Re: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »
Normally a no lynch is a mafia stall tactic for them to get the first kill. But, in this game where there is a 7 day time limit its actually working the other way. Its in the best interest of the townies to stall out for the full 7 days. As long as the ring is still in good hands. Which at the moment, i assume it is. Therefore the less people who die, unless we stick gold, the better.

I agree Vote: No LYNCH
Axemans plastic moderator. I wear the suit, with fuck all power!

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »
can tommy please clarify whether we can vote no lynch in this game .. it's his game so he makes the rules I guess.

I think it's a good idea but if everyone just comes on & votes no lynch then we face day two in exactly the same position none the wiser but possibly two down ... I don't see how this helps the town.

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Bluebird first, rag twat second
  • Busy Bee
  • Have some of that Wurzels!!
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
FOS at yorkshire for either not reading the game rules or encouraging the potential lynch of a townie!!
Season 4 World Cup Winners - Sweden

Blooooobirds!!!!!

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 07:39:46 PM »
whats all this crap about 'no lynch'?
in my eyes people voting for no lynch would appear to be mafia... (oh dear Wes, youve not made another mistake have you? lol )

there is no solid reason or foundation for townies to use No lynch, as this then takes away the main source of information we have over the coarse of the oncoming days... who voted for who, who bandwaggoned, who withdrew and changed at last minute, these are all important facts we will loose if there is a no lynch and the mafia will be rubbing there hands rather giddilly in anticipation of deffinatly surving the day lynch, and then killing one of us in the night...

so on that note, I see there is 2 people already voting No lynch. WTF? ???

FOS Hammersbro for being the first... and then because i know Wes is prone to mistakes from his first game, I'm going to VOTE Wesmancity for bandwaggoning the No lynch and already looking for the easy way out of Day one.  ;) lol

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
whats all this crap about 'no lynch'?
in my eyes people voting for no lynch would appear to be mafia... (oh dear Wes, youve not made another mistake have you? lol )

there is no solid reason or foundation for townies to use No lynch, as this then takes away the main source of information we have over the coarse of the oncoming days... who voted for who, who bandwaggoned, who withdrew and changed at last minute, these are all important facts we will loose if there is a no lynch and the mafia will be rubbing there hands rather giddilly in anticipation of deffinatly surving the day lynch, and then killing one of us in the night...

so on that note, I see there is 2 people already voting No lynch. WTF? ???

FOS Hammersbro for being the first... and then because i know Wes is prone to mistakes from his first game, I'm going to VOTE Wesmancity for bandwaggoning the No lynch and already looking for the easy way out of Day one.  ;) lol

lol, lol and more lol's axeman, you couldnt be more further from the truth. I deffinately know my role and assure you im not evil. If you do vote for me then you will be seen to instigate on getting rid of the good guys. I do see Hammersbro logic here as if what happens in the last game a townie went, yes?. And we need to keep everyone in too win this game.

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »

there is no solid reason or foundation for townies to use No lynch, as this then takes away the main source of information we have over the coarse of the oncoming days...

I have taken note of this axeman and did realise that, that could be the case. but im sticking with Hammerbro as i thing hes onto something.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »
the only reason we lynched a townie on day1 last game, is because no-one was studying the voting patterns properly... more people in this game, means more votes required to get a lynch. which also means there should be votes flying everywhere amongst each other to check for slip ups, theres plenty of peeps who havent posted yet, but my vote is staying on you for now.  :)

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
the only reason we lynched a townie on day1 last game, is because no-one was studying the voting patterns properly... more people in this game, means more votes required to get a lynch. which also means there should be votes flying everywhere amongst each other to check for slip ups, theres plenty of peeps who havent posted yet, but my vote is staying on you for now.  :)

no worries matey  :bleh:

Quig

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 08:16:43 PM »
Normally I would agree with you Axe, in a normal game of mafia no lynch plays right into the mafias hands as it eliminates the possibility of catching a mafia. BUT, in this game with a time limit then that switchs around in that we win if it reaches day 7 and certain people are still alive. Therefore we want to eliminate the chance of us lynching Frodo or something. For now, the best way to do this is to not kill a random person. Of course if someone begins to act strange and is susprisiusly mafia like then take them down. But Lets see, we have 4 hobbits, aragorn and legolas who can hold the ring. May be another couple of people. That means we need ONE of them alive till the end. Mafia proberly have 1 kill a night then 1/2 one use kills. Also proberly have a vig and serial killer. Now the serial killer imo is gollum and instead of killing someone, steals the ring if they have it. Therefore isn't much of a problem unless he gets it. Taking the vig+mafia+lynching we have 3 people dying each day. We won't last the 7 days with that. Unless we no lynch or get really lucky with hanging mafioso. All in all, i still believe no lynch to be the best option due to the 7 day we win limit on the game. Infact, mafia would be wanted to get a lynch as theres another chance for the ringbearer to go down.

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
Mafia proberly have 1 kill a night then 1/2 one use kills.

Can you explain please....

I see your point & agree to a certain extent because it's usually someone innocent that dies on day one but I don't want to get to day two & be in the same situation as day one because hardly anything has been posted because people just no vote ....only by then we will be at least one man down.

hippo

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2008, 08:47:49 PM »
It's decent logic. If we're trying to keep good people alive primarily, then a random lynch on day one makes no sense, it's just an avoidable risk.. assuming there's enough people in the fellowship to last the 7 days (if, worst case scenario, one per night died). Depends how many the mafia/gollum kill each night too, or if Gollum obtains the ring, like was suggested earlier. If that happened, not using the day phase at all would mean we had very slim chances of winning. It's all ifs though, and i agree that a random lynch, particularly on the first day in this particular game, would be unwise.

So, i'm going to also vote: no lynch

assuming we're allowed obviously.

And i do know where everyone else is coming from as well, as usually i'd be all for getting the information. But it's a different mindset when all we really have to do is get one of 4 people (i presume we have 4 hobbits) to survive 7 days. There's just as much chance of killing one of those as killing mafia, which would be more harmful than the small amount of information we gained would be beneficial, in my opinion.

Quig

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 08:50:52 PM »
What i meant by that is that mafia will get 1 kill a night. And they might have another kill thats just a one use per game thing. If we can no lynch and we're in this same situation tomorrow except 1 townie down, we are also 1 day closer to the end. It all depends on just how many kills happen. We either need to get all the mafia down or need to last 7 days. If someone acts strangely evil or such, then killing them is still in our best interest, but at the moment when its hard to tell who is actually a mafia then a no lynch works as we get to see who the mafia decided to kill therefore see who was aiming for them as such. On the other hand, Axeman either doesn't read or is evil. Since i explained fully the reason for a no lynch before
there is no solid reason or foundation for townies to use No lynch
Not really enough for a vote but maybe a retaliation FOS: Happy Axeman

--Hippo posted while i was so this was wrote after that--
Theres more chance one of us will die than one of the mafia dying since theres more townies than mafia.

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Busy Bee
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »
with the limit on this game I would be inclined to think that the no lynch vote would be avoided by the mafia. They need to get rid of townies in the day as well as in the night to increase their chances of winning.

But I do agree with the Axeman that voting patterns do help pinpoint evil

Blooooobirds!!!!!

hippo

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »
--Hippo posted while i was so this was wrote after that--
Theres more chance one of us will die than one of the mafia dying since theres more townies than mafia.

I meant hobbits, rather than just townies in general.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »
so what people are saying by VOTE NO LYNCH, is sod the game, whats the point in playing, just everyone during the day vote no lynch till the end, dont bother posting, cause whats the point? 'theres going to be no lynch as we have to survive till the end'... FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE, have we already found the mafia in the game abstainers?  ???

as far as we are all aware, the only way we can kill the mafia is by lynching during the day. if we no lynch, then we forgoe our right to a chance of getting the mafia and any other evil.

If there is a serial killer and mafia then we are looking at 2 deaths per night, if the townies do have a vigilante and he decides to just kill instead of investigate, then we are looking at 3 deaths not 1 as has been mentioned... 7 nights, 13 townies, 3 deaths per night... you do the maths...

also dont be suprised if TCH has stuck in a twist or 2, I was serial killer last game and i was killed by a mafia mimic role! which meant the mafia actually had two kills that night...

Now get playing the game properly please and apply pressure on people by voting otherwise theres no point in playing.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 09:56:30 PM »
in fact thinking about it, I doubt there is 13 townies... more like 12 or even 11.
i reckon there could possibly be 4 or 5 mafia, and 1 serial killer(tch has used them every game).

if we just did a random vote we would probably have a 35% chance of hitting an evil char, if my life was on the line, I would take them odds.  :)
 if we manage to weed out some decent information by throwing votes around and pressuring people then them odds will increase considerably.  ;)

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Busy Bee
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »
im sure the serial killer would be Gollum and the mafia would be seperate to that. That would mean they could kill two a night each By simple maths they could kill off 14 players out of 17 in 7 days if we dont get them first.

Axeman I agree with you and I implore the rest of you to see sense. Otherwise the tactic will be sit back and hope the doctor protects the right player every night. We cant count on that.

Blooooobirds!!!!!

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 10:48:42 PM »
So we await the following Afro, bluestars, Liverbird, mikeblue, Mophead and Stevenrynals to make their mark on the game. Out of those players ONLY Afroboy has been online today and not botherd to comment on things, are you waiting for a chance to come in to the game or are you keeping off the radar for the time being so you dont get noticed ???.  Its been a slow day today guys come on lets get the game going.  :)

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 12:40:29 AM »
Vote count so far

Wesmancity  1 Vote

As Wes posted above we still have 6 people who have not yet posted so the time limit for Day 1 has not started yet.

I can't make you vote but at the end of the day the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there are no votes then i can't lynch anyone. Though currently we do have a vote cast.
However this is just like any other mafia game and if you eliminate all the evil roles by Day 4 or 5 then the Town win anyway, Day 7 is just there as a goal for the town if they don't manage to eliminate the evil roles by then.
As someone mentioned earlier, this is just a normal mafia game with a couple of unique rules to suit the Lord of the Rings Theme and so far the last two games have only managed 5 days with a town and mafia win respectively.
Personally i would have thought a no vote would help the mafia as if no one is lynched then you start Day 2 not knowing anymore than you did on Day 1 with the disadvantage of most likely having lost a Town Role. But you guys are playing and if you choose to no vote that's fine. The end result will determine who is right or wrong.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 03:49:43 AM »
well there is certainly some food for thought .. to lynch or not lynch .. looks to me we have more than a week to sort his out now .. If I'm going to vote no lynch I'd rather wait until the final day if I don't see anyone looking 100% suss ..  I'm not sure about a mimic role in this one - it was more to do with the mystique character than anything ..  I doubt gollum is a true serial killer as such, probably more likely to be on the lines of he can try to kill frodo but can't if sam is alive - something along those lines.  From what I've seen of TCH's games he tries to link the characters as true as possible ..

No lynch gets us closer to day 7 .. not many mafia games have lasted that long anyway .. if there are 11,12,13, or 14 townies then they'd all be able to carry the ring - the issues is some can only for 1 day.  the obvious bet is Frodo has it now ... I think every day we should remind the ring bearer not to post they have it .. that would mean they are townie and lynched are we are 2 steps behind since it would force a night stage.  also if someone said they have it and they don't die they are gollum or mafia ..

I still think we will get the guys/girls who will sit back and say nothing on day 1 thus staying under the radar - last time one was a serious evil dude and the other townie.