Author Topic: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings - Town Win  (Read 75787 times)

Offline mophead

• To be or not to be......
Re: Mafia 13 Lord of the Rings
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 03:58:35 AM »
Townies
Aragorn
Arwen
Boromir
Faramir
Frodo
Gandalf
Gimli
Legolas
Merry
Pippin
Sam
Treebeard
Eowyn or Galadriel

Denethor
Eomer
King
Theoden

waved goodbye
Bilbo
E€lrond

Mafia roles
Gollum
Saruman
Sauron
Shelob
Witch King
Wormtongue

You people must not watch these movies enough.....what about NAZGULS!!!!!
SWB II

Offline mophead

• To be or not to be......
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 04:00:03 AM »
And who the heck is Wormtounge MIASG?
SWB II

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 04:03:18 AM »
And who the heck is Wormtounge MIASG?
  thought he was from harry potter - I got no idea it's from the list Trick Pony sent out first .. you really don't read all the posts do you  :D

Trick Pony

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 06:16:31 AM »
  thought he was from harry potter - I got no idea it's from the list Trick Pony sent out first .. you really don't read all the posts do you  :D

I just quoted a list I found from the LOTR website to try get things moving. Anyway not much happening, it looks like we need to decide what we are going to do for the first day, I say we FOS and vote people as normal otherwise not voting will cost one of us in the night phase ... anyway thats my 2 cents worth on the voting / non voting so where are the others ? hiding to survive the first day I presume  ???

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »
5 people have not yet posted

Afroboy, Bluestars, Liverbird, MikeBlue and Stevenryals

only one vote have been cast for Wesmancity

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Bluebird first, rag twat second
  • Busy Bee
  • Have some of that Wurzels!!
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 07:56:06 AM »
Wormtongue is the guy who was helping to poison the kings mind in The Two Towers.

I think we have put a good case forward for lynching someone on day one, unless the doctor guesses correctly who to protect each night a  no vote will hand the victory over to the mafia. So who do we put pressure on?
Season 4 World Cup Winners - Sweden

Blooooobirds!!!!!

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 08:29:40 AM »
everyone on day 1

Quig

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:36 AM »
Well, since no lynch is no longer an option i guess its time to look at whose evil. Firstly mophead hasn't really said anything but has posted to not look inactive. I don't really have any solid susprisions as of yet but we need to get the lurkers posting so i'm gonna vote: Afroboy until he posts anything at least.

hippo

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
More than 24 hours since the game started and still no post from stevenryals? This has to be a record surely?

Wormtongue is the guy who was helping to poison the kings mind in The Two Towers.

I think we have put a good case forward for lynching someone on day one, unless the doctor guesses correctly who to protect each night a  no vote will hand the victory over to the mafia. So who do we put pressure on?

This is suspicious, not wanting to make the first move is a mafia tactic, wanting innocents to do his dirty work for him, so he can use it against them later. His other posts involve just agreeing with something Axeman had said, at first hesitantly, before he strengthened it up a bit when he was sure that would be the correct thing to do. All of his posts seem very contrived thus far. So, i'm going to vote: Steve Van Halen

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
  • Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 12:21:54 PM »
Vote count so far

Wesmancity  1 Vote

As Wes posted above we still have 6 people who have not yet posted so the time limit for Day 1 has not started yet.

I can't make you vote but at the end of the day the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there are no votes then i can't lynch anyone. Though currently we do have a vote cast.
However this is just like any other mafia game and if you eliminate all the evil roles by Day 4 or 5 then the Town win anyway, Day 7 is just there as a goal for the town if they don't manage to eliminate the evil roles by then.
As someone mentioned earlier, this is just a normal mafia game with a couple of unique rules to suit the Lord of the Rings Theme and so far the last two games have only managed 5 days with a town and mafia win respectively.
Personally i would have thought a no vote would help the mafia as if no one is lynched then you start Day 2 not knowing anymore than you did on Day 1 with the disadvantage of most likely having lost a Town Role. But you guys are playing and if you choose to no vote that's fine. The end result will determine who is right or wrong.

Just reading through and will post my thoughts in a minute but TCH if nobody votes anybody is it not a random draw for the day lynch or is it a majority vote of no lynch so nobody is lynched at all during the day???
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 12:32:24 PM »
Mike i am only concerned with votes for people, if nobody votes for a person or goes no lynch then nobody will be lynched. But if someone votes for a person then i lynch the person with the most votes even if they have the only vote cast.

We have 3 votes now anyway

AfroBoy            1 vote
SVH                 1 vote
Wesmancity       1 vote

Yet to post AfroBoy, Bluestars, Liverbird and Stevenryals

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »
Right yesterday was a bank holiday so I assume thats why there are still a few to post including moi!!! But now I'm here to give my two bob's worth!

What the hell is all this no lynch Jargon getting banded around for??? Its the dumbest idea I have ever heard of in my freaking life!!! We have a pot luck chance of hitting a bad guy and if not this is the first and only real hard evidence in helping us root out the evil the next day and in the future. I agree it is very difficult to lynch a baddy first day but the information gained from the first days lynch is invaluable!!! If we no lynch then 2moro we are in the same boat no closer to knowing anything about anybody and at least one good guy down with no information about anyone!!! Then some dufous would say to no lynch again and it would be the worst most boring game ever!!! Why play to no lynch, and not try to root out the evil?!?!? Defies the object of the game!!!

Right. Now I have got that of my chest I FOS everyone that thought it was a good idea to no lynch as this would only be mafia I feel putting this idea forward as they know that they get a free kill and leave no trace of their evil doings!!!

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
FOS Hammerbro, SVH, Wesmancity, Hippo

Continuing from my previous post!!!

Right lets cut all this crap and get everyone out of the woodwork and start finding some evil!!!

Right now all we have to go on is these four for suggesting such an obsurd idea and SVH for agreeing with everything and anyone on anything said.....which is mafia trait. You should be questioning everyone and anything to try and find evil not trying to cruise along trying to befriend people and look like mr nice guy sitting on the fence!!! Everyone is evil to me right now and I trust nobody and how you can addopt this stance so early really has my mind ticking over. Surely you would only do this to stay under the radar and hide your evil intentions!!!

And FOS MIASG this man cannot be trusted under any circumstances and was born evil!!! He is Freddy Cruagar and you just can't change evil!!!

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »
Ok.. sorry I'm here...  had a long weekend  :)  sun, beer, pool, dead cow flesh on the grill.. !!! 

alright...  so far.. after reading through just a bit..  i say:

hammerbro : evil  : votes for no lynch on the first page, the only team that benefits from the night phase is the mafia..

mophead:  evil :  Easier to read than a comic book made for retards.. (no offense if any of you are retarded)(shame on me)

Miasg: evil : talking a bunch of bollox mostly, but he said his tactic will change this game to stay quieter so people wont think he's evil.  I believe his evil role has him wanting to post more so he seems like he's trying to find evil, even though all he's done thus far is talk of characters in the movies, and basicall talk bollocks in general...

so.. which one first??

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
Ok.. sorry I'm here...  had a long weekend  :)  sun, beer, pool, dead cow flesh on the grill.. !!! 

alright...  so far.. after reading through just a bit..  i say:

hammerbro : evil  : votes for no lynch on the first page, the only team that benefits from the night phase is the mafia..

mophead:  evil :  Easier to read than a comic book made for retards.. (no offense if any of you are retarded)(shame on me)

Miasg: evil : talking a bunch of bollox mostly, but he said his tactic will change this game to stay quieter so people wont think he's evil.  I believe his evil role has him wanting to post more so he seems like he's trying to find evil, even though all he's done thus far is talk of characters in the movies, and basicall talk bollocks in general...

so.. which one first??

Steven Ryals evil as he always is the first to post and posts more than anyone.

Last time he was evil and he openly admitted that he is crap at being evil as he posts too much so this looks like a change of tactic for me less posting, late arrival, and a very short un-specific post for Steve!!!

hippo

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »
I think people are using this no lynching suggestion a bit too much the other way now. Yes, the other games only lasted about 5 days or whatever, but if you take out the 5 kills from the day phases (or more, if we take in to account random suicides), then they would have easily lasted the 7. And if we keep 1 of 4 people alive that long, we'll definitely win. So it's not entirely a poor suggestion is it?

In a normal game, i'd agree with what people are saying about it only benefiting the mafia, but in this game, where they're trying to kill specific people themselves (rather than just the entire town), it's not overly ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with everyone brainstorming to try and take the best course of action to benefit the town surely? As long as nobody actually trusts anyone. It's not an option now though obviously.

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
I think people are using this no lynching suggestion a bit too much the other way now. Yes, the other games only lasted about 5 days or whatever, but if you take out the 5 kills from the day phases (or more, if we take in to account random suicides), then they would have easily lasted the 7. And if we keep 1 of 4 people alive that long, we'll definitely win. So it's not entirely a poor suggestion is it?

In a normal game, i'd agree with what people are saying about it only benefiting the mafia, but in this game, where they're trying to kill specific people themselves (rather than just the entire town), it's not overly ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with everyone brainstorming to try and take the best course of action to benefit the town surely? As long as nobody actually trusts anyone. It's not an option now though obviously.

Evil words from an evil man!

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »
Steven Ryals evil as he always is the first to post and posts more than anyone.

Last time he was evil and he openly admitted that he is crap at being evil as he posts too much so this looks like a change of tactic for me less posting, late arrival, and a very short un-specific post for Steve!!!

but to be fair to steve he hasnt been online for a few days as i have checked on the members page and there was only afroboy who has been online and never posted, which really he needs a FOS for afroboy as when i asked hes not yet replyed as of yet to why hes not been involved.  ???
Axemans plastic moderator. I wear the suit, with fuck all power!

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »
We're in a new game, with new rules, and most likely new roles..  there was a new power last game, and I'm sure there will probably be some twist this game..

you, hippo, and hammersbro both seem too sure of yourself when it comes to how this game is going to pan out..  

the most interesting part of a 'no lynch' vote to me is the fact that there's an assumption that you know how the mafia will handle thier roles..  which leads me to think that you have one of those roles..  otherwise you'd be like me, and be very careful as it's a high probability that there's a twist, and that twist will happen in the night phase, and not the day phase..

not only that, you do a no lynch, and we start day 2 with no information just like day one..  the cop may get lucky on one, but then after that, still, we're clutching at straws again...

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Bluebird first, rag twat second
  • Busy Bee
  • Have some of that Wurzels!!
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
Look I've pointed out the reasons for lynching people as a no lynch would clearly benefit the mafia. At first I thought a no lynch would be beneficial to the town but then I had a chance to think about it properly. Happyaxeman made some good points and I broke it down mathematically to conclude that he was right. Surely if I was mafia I would encourage the no lynch as it would mean that I would have a greater chance of being on the winning side?!

I think Axeman is wrong here, we are already seeing patterns with those voting for no lynch and those for lynching.
Season 4 World Cup Winners - Sweden

Blooooobirds!!!!!