Author Topic: Mafia 8 - The Kingmaker - Assassins Victory  (Read 65869 times)

hippo

Mafia 8 - The Kingmaker - Assassins Victory
« on: October 07, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »
As dawn breaks upon the tranquil kingdom of Solomonia, peace reigns. The whole population lay asleep, serenaded by the sweet songs sung by the birds.

?THE KING IS DEAD?, the town crier bursts through the streets, disturbing the tranquil scene, proclaiming the terrible message of woe to the previously relaxed townsfolk.

The news quickly sees the town descend in to chaos. Within the chaos and panic, rumours start and spread like wildfire that a group of assassins have infiltrated the society. They have murdered the king, and are looking to seize control of the throne and the land. Soon a lynch mob forms knowing that they have to find these assassins and execute them.

But with nobody to lead them in the wake of the king?s death, the town degenerates in to anarchy. People who were spotted looking suspicious the day before are murdered. When it turns out they were innocent, their accuser is murdered. When the chaos hits it?s peak, and the baseless accusations are flying in all directions along with the violence, a cloaked figure emerges from the shadows.

?Townsfolk, you must listen to me? he booms, ?I am from the Royal Society of Kingmakers? he adds, flashing his royal signet as proof, ?and we operate a system that will solve your problems.? He continues and explains how each day, one townsman will be given the opportunity to be king. At the end of the day, the king will be the one who decides who the town should execute. Other members of the town will be given the opportunity to voice their opinions and persuade the king  on who it should be, in order to help him make his decision, but in the end, it will only be the king that has the means to carry out an execution. By making sure only one person has the power to execute, it will be difficult for the assassins to sway the decision.

He assures the town: ?While it may be possible for an assassin to become the king, it will always be a trustworthy citizen operating as the kingmaker. Talk with each other and trust in the Kingmaker's judgment, as they will help shape the fate of our kingdom.?

And with those parting words, he vanishes.

NOTE:
Could all players read the rules, because they are slightly adapted from the normal mafia game. So it'd help to familiarise yourself with the new voting system first. Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:27:27 PM by stevenryals »

hippo

Re: Mafia Eight - The Kingmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 12:24:53 AM »
RULES

> Only the King's vote counts. To help keep track of the thoughts of the townfolk, you may still vote, and I will still keep track of vote counts. If you wish to make your vote noted, it must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
> Because citizens' votes do not affect the lynch decision, you may vote for more than one player at once. If you no longer find someone suspicious, unvote for them.
> Once the day's King has arrived at their decision of who to kill, they must post EXECUTE: NAME in bolded and all capital letters. After that post has occurred, no more posts will be allowed, not even from the King. The King may not change their mind after an execution order has occurred, so BE SURE if you want to execute someone.
> Days will last a minimum of 24 real-life hours. There should always be a chance for discussion before an execution.
> If the Kingmaker dies and there are no other players that are eligible to become a Kingmaker, then the town will revert to a lynch mob (voting and lynch, good ol' mafia style).
> Each day must end in an execution. "No Lynch" is not an option in this game. If I post a deadline and the King fails to make an execution in the allotted time, the King will be executed for his incompetence.
> If you'd like a vote count, feel that an inactive player needs to be prodded, or otherwise need to get my attention, let me know in bold.  I?ll try to make sure there's a vote count on every page to make it easier to reference back, but I can?t guarantee every page.
> If you plan on being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice in the thread or send me a private message. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate ? don't leave us hanging. If you're unable to play for whatever reason, just drop me a PM letting me know, please just don't disappear. 
> The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
> Once your death scene has been posted, you're dead. Please stop typing. I'm fine with a few parting words such as "bah, go town", but nothing with game-affecting content. I'm pretty lenient about this, but don't push it. Note that this does not apply if you are executed. NO TALKING AFTER THE EXECUTE ORDER HAS BEEN POSTED.
> Don't edit/delete previously submitted posts. If you accidentally double post or make a tragic formatting error, just let me know and I'll fix the problem. I'm pretty good at catching stuff like that anyway.
> If you have any questions, just ask. I'm cool like that.
> Remember, it's just a game. It's supposed to be fun. Do your part, and stay active.

FLOW OF THE GAME

We will be starting with day.

Day - The kings is revealed, along with any deaths. Players discuss who they believe to be the assassins, and try to convince the King who to execute. Players may vote to keep track of their suspicions, but their votes do not count. Once the King posts an execution, the game immediately enters twilight.

Twilight - Once the King posts an execution, no more posts may be made, not even by the King. Twilight will last until I come in and post the execution scene.

Night - All players make their night actions . Once I have all the choices, we enter the next day.

And repeat til the end of the game..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:32:49 AM by hippo »

hippo

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:37:13 AM »
ROLES

A number of assassins have infiltrated the town, forming one anti-town killing group. An unknown amount of players have received the following PM:

Mafia wrote:
Quote from: Mafia
You are one of the assassins, along with [name(s)]. Since your plot to take the throne quietly has failed, you will take it by force by eliminating the townsfolk until you outnumber the populace. Each night, you may talk with your fellow assassins and choose another player in the town to kill that night. Any member may send in the kill choice, it does not matter (since there are no Roleblockers or Trackers in this game). If I receive multiple kill choices, I will go with the most recent choice submitted. To the populace, you appear like normal townsfolk, which earns you the right to become the King, if the Kingmaker so chooses. However, the Royal Society of Kingmakers can not be fooled as easily, so you will never have the opportunity to become the Kingmaker. You win when your group outnumbers the town.

The townsfolk bring their own talents to the aid of the town. Any of these roles may be in the town, and there may be more than one of a particular role. There may also be roles listed who do not appear in this town. The only role guaranteed to appear in the game from the following is that of the Kingmaker.

Cop wrote:
Quote from: Cop
You are a town guard. Each night, you may patrol the town and investigate another player in the town. You can determine (with absolute accuracy) if that player is an assassin. Because of your duty to the throne, you will never receive the opportunity to become a Kingmaker, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Doc wrote:
Quote from: Doctor
You are the town doctor. Each night, you may visit another player's home and attend to any wounds they have. If the assassins have attempted to kill that player that night, they will be spared. Because your duties consume all of your time, you will never receive the opportunity to become a Kingmaker, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Vigilante wrote:
Quote from: Vigilante
You are a radical vigilante. Upset with the Kingmaker system imposed on the town, you have decided to save the town on your own terms. Each night, you have the option to kill another player in the town whom you believe is an assassin. Because of your strong opposition to the Kingmaker system, you will never receive the opportunity to become a Kingmaker, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Mason wrote:
Quote from: Mason
You are a member of the secret Masonic society in town. Along with [name(s)], you all know each other to be innocent and not part of the assassin conspiracy. You may also discuss privately at night matters regarding the town. Your bond to the Masons prohibits you to join the Kingmaker society, and while you may never become a Kingmaker, you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Townie wrote:
Quote from: Townie
You are an ordinary citizen of the town. You have no abilities at night other than getting a good night's rest. However, as an honest, unbiased native of the kingdom, you have the potential to join the secret Kingmaker group and become a Kingmaker. Until you receive your invitation, you have only your wits and vote to defend yourself. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Hero wrote:
Quote from: Hero of the People
You are the beloved Hero of the People. You've spent your life standing up for the common man and striving to help them overcome the oppression of the monarchal system. If the King decides to execute you during the Day, the people will rise up and slay the King and your life will be spared. Your tie to the commonfolk means you can never accept an invitation from the secret elitist society of the Kingmakers, but you may still be chosen to take the throne as King. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Kingmaker wrote:
Quote from: Kingmaker
You are the Kingmaker. Each night, you will select two names to become king. One will be your first choice, and the other shall take that place should the first choice not make it through the night alive. If you should die, a randomly selected townie player will become the new Kingmaker. You win when all the assassins are executed.

Any role other than the kingmaker may become king, but only a normal townie may become the kingmaker.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:11:24 PM by Sir Hammer »

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 12:48:38 AM »
RULES

> Days will last a minimum of 24 real-life hours. There should always be a chance for discussion before an execution.

24?

thats numberwang

hippo

Re: Mafia Eight - The Kingmaker (ROLES SENT, GAME STARTS WHEN ALL CONFIRM)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:51:17 PM »
Yorkshireblue has been selected as the town's first king.

The following players are alive:

Afroboy
Amadjin
Billyman
Bluestarsneyes
ChurchofHalo
Currieman
Dotleo
Fozza
Happy Axeman
Laserblue
Manic
Mo1ey UK
Sir Hammer
Stevenryals
Steve Van Halen
The Quigmaster
Tommy Catons Hairstylist
Yorkshireblue - KING

It is now DAY 1

i2i Killer 89

Re: Mafia Eight - The Kingmaker (ROLES SENT, GAME STARTS WHEN ALL CONFIRM)
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »
Finally the day starts!

Well I think Amadjin should be executed, he's always a good place to start :laugh:

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Re: Mafia Eight - The Kingmaker - Day One, KING: Yorkshireblue
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 07:07:46 PM »
Lets not get too hasty!

Hello, your highness, all hail King Yorkshire.
I am Sir Hammer, one of your faithful knights.

May I suggest that us humble peasants put forward a system of government that stops the King taking action too hastily.

ChurchofHalo

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »
Finally the day starts!

Well I think Amadjin should be executed, he's always a good place to start :laugh:

If only Hagler was playing we could have all had a bye for the first round :D

Quig

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 07:23:20 PM »
Just making an appearance. I think that Sir Hammer should die. He is bumsucking to the King. And he looks evil. Really evil.

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:42:38 PM »
Yeah calm down Hammer, lets kill Amadjin first and go from there :laugh:

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »
If only Hagler was playing we could have all had a bye for the first round :D

He was the most obscure 1 enormous yak lump in these games, but occasionally was genius. His poems in the Post Restriction games where absolute gold, along with his hip-hop battles with Hippo.

Back onto what I said earlier about a system to stop the King just slaying who he wants and wasting a day.

___________________ ___

I think we should put forward a few rules.....
How about these?

a) The King must Execute a person who gets the majority vote......or have a very good reason not to.

b) If a King acts rashly when it comes to executions, (moans about just wanting the day over bullshit or executes someone he personally just does not like) then the King should be treated harshly the next day and treated as possible assasin filth.

c) We should use the votecounts as a List Of Execution which should help the King come to a decision.

What does everyone think of these three quality rules that we should abide by in this time of lawlessness.
___________________ _______________

Vote:TheQuigMaster

Rubbish accusements combined with a lack of respect for the King.

MOLEYman

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
never trust a man who likes sheep  ;)

dotLeo

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 09:19:26 PM »
The big question is, is whether Yorkshireblue will actually be on anytime soon!!! :P

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
He is the King after all. Im sure he is busy meeting foreign officials and attending important functions.

It is interesting to note that Hippo has not guaranteed us a Cop, a Vigilante, Masons, a Hero or a Doctor in this game just said they might be here. I guess that is to stop any Cop out there claiming knowing he will be safe.

Does anyone want to add to the 3 sacred rules I have put forward?

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:12 PM »
I think they sound good but we need more involvement at the moment. Where is everyone!?

yorkshire blue

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »
The big question is, is whether Yorkshireblue will actually be on anytime soon!!! :P
the king is here now i aint really missed much just been busy there asnt really been much said so y u sounding like ive not been on for ages

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 11:30:50 PM »
the king is here now i aint really missed much just been busy there asnt really been much said so y u sounding like ive not been on for ages

All Hail the King!

Silence, Dotleo you peasant! How dare you disrespect the King like that.

Vote:Dotleo for acting like the unworthy peasant that he is.

dotLeo

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 11:42:52 PM »
Pipe down Sir Hammer!  Who made you protector of the king?    :-X

Nearly killed myself trying to say that in one breath! Would have been an easy first day lol

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 12:23:55 AM »
Do we have to talk like that Hammer?  I mean... I dont know how they used to talk in england...

I think your rules suck, he's the king, and he makes the rules..  You don't Sir hammer..  Dont say anyone is being rude or disrespectful to the king while you PUBLICLY UNDERMINE HIM. 

Your rules could only help you, the king in this game is an innocent this day for sure, so it's his call who to execute, just as the game rules say.  Undermining the king on your 2nd post.  you should think twice before telling the king how he will vote or how he will perform his duties as a servant to the people, our king.   biotch!

vote hammer

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 12:29:53 AM »
Do we have to talk like that Hammer?  I mean... I dont know how they used to talk in england...

I think your rules suck, he's the king, and he makes the rules..  You don't Sir hammer..  Dont say anyone is being rude or disrespectful to the king while you PUBLICLY UNDERMINE HIM. 

Your rules could only help you, the king in this game is an innocent this day for sure, so it's his call who to execute, just as the game rules say.  Undermining the king on your 2nd post.  you should think twice before telling the king how he will vote or how he will perform his duties as a servant to the people, our king.   biotch!

vote hammer

We don't actually know that he is innocent at all. We know whoever is Kingmaker is innocent, but we don't actually know for sure that the King is innocent. I am not undermining King Yorkshire, but I think these rules would be a good system for all the future Kings.

If we don't put in a set of rules then we would have Kings running amok and the game would be over every quickly and the assassins would benefit. It interests me to see that you are opposed to my rules. I will have to keep my eye on you Mr Ryals. I just want to make sure each day ends after enough discussion.