Author Topic: Mafia 8 - The Kingmaker - Assassins Victory  (Read 66179 times)

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
Re: Mafia Eight - The Kingmaker - Day One, KING: Yorkshireblue
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 07:13:19 PM »
actually i was typing not reading.... i'm just not that fast ;D

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
Your not making sense. Your trying to turn this unique game into a standad game of mafia as then the mafia get more of a say then at the moment. Our votesare meaningless, except that they can assist the King in making his decisions.

What do you mean?

There are 18 people playing and probably about 3,4 or 5 members of the Mafia so if everyone has a say then thats at least 13 townies over a handful of mafia. We are not sure for certain that Yorkshire Blue isn't mafia anyway.

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2006, 10:04:54 PM »
If someone else proposes a better plan then fine, but until then it just seems that people want the days lynch just to be decided by one person picking a name out of a hat or going for the only person so far to register an interest in catching mafia.

My roles a bit dull and since I can't do anything at night, not day as my vote doesnt even count I just wanted to make a system where everyone was involved. Otherwise whats the point in voting. Just play the game as normal, vote whoever and when someone gets over half the votes then the King has to either execute that person because the Town want him dead or have a good reason to execute someone else. Only Mafia want us to rush this decision.

yorkshire blue

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2006, 10:07:49 PM »
where is everyone theres alot of people still to have a say

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Bluebird first, rag twat second
  • Busy Bee
  • Have some of that Wurzels!!
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2006, 10:12:27 PM »
I thought I posted something last night but that doesnt seem to be the case. A lot of you know how I feel about the first day, not much evil is filtered out in the first day. I shall be keeping an eye on the snake steveryals, that guy is deceptive  :D
Season 4 World Cup Winners - Sweden

Blooooobirds!!!!!

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2006, 10:16:21 PM »
where is everyone theres alot of people still to have a say

These are the people who have not posted anything meaningfull yet,

Amadjin
Billyman
Bluestarsneyes
ChurchofHalo
Happy Axeman
Manic
Mo1ey UK

Hopefully a few votes might get some action from them

These votes will be removed when those people post something about our situation

Vote:
Amadjin
Billyman
Bluestarsneyes
ChurchofHalo
Happy Axeman
Manic
Mo1ey UK

Offline Steve Van Halen

• Bluebird first, rag twat second
  • Busy Bee
  • Have some of that Wurzels!!
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »
Hey hammer Im sure you have set in your own rules only 1 vote allowed!!

I understand where your coming from though. You wait for ages to actually play a game yourself and the game starts so slowly. Itl pick up, it always does.
Season 4 World Cup Winners - Sweden

Blooooobirds!!!!!

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2006, 10:23:23 PM »
Hey hammer Im sure you have set in your own rules only 1 vote allowed!!

I understand where your coming from though. You wait for ages to actually play a game yourself and the game starts so slowly. Itl pick up, it always does.

Im not saying that we should play normal mafia rules, this is a different game. Im just saying that a few -not rules as such- , but Guidelines to HELP the king pick the right person to execute so he can't be held personally responsible if he makes a bad choice. Surely you can see that this is a good idea?

yorkshire blue

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2006, 10:29:25 PM »
were not gettin anywhere y dont we just leave the rules as they are its hippos game and his rules
if the king gets it wrong then the king the next day can just execute them

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2006, 10:31:45 PM »
were not gettin anywhere y dont we just leave the rules as they are its hippos game and his rules
if the king gets it wrong then the king the next day can just execute them

So your saying if you make a wrong decision then you should be killed? This way you avoid all blame for the execution unless you took things into your own hands. I think your innocent and the chances of catching Mafia first day is still anyway so this way its not your fault if it goes tits up

yorkshire blue

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2006, 10:36:04 PM »
the rules have been set i can see your point hammer but hammers set the rules and wont change them we need to be gettin on with the day its just about been a day now and theres alot of people stillto have there say i would like to hear from everyone before i choose someone for execution this one seems to have set off alot slower then all the others

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2006, 10:50:05 PM »
I do like Hammer's rules because they seem the fairest way to help the king make a decision and execute someone.
If the king just picks someone then it really is completely random whether they're innocent or evil.

But until everyone contributes we don't really have much to go on anyway

yorkshire blue

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2006, 10:54:19 PM »
mo1ey uks been on awhile and asnt posted

froganomis

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2006, 10:58:41 PM »
apart from our votes seem pointless,there is nothing to go by,therefore theres no point to posting pointless shit

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2006, 11:03:52 PM »
Yeah, I have only posted so much because people are directly talking to me. The way to flush out lurkers is with votes, Currieman

and Yorkshire, Im not trying to get Hippo to change his rules. They are set and are good rules, its just how we choose to use them. I have played in games with this system in the past and the tryed and tested way is to set a few basic guidelines designed to help and protect the King.

What about these then?

Suggestion One-The King may only execute players if the town has at least given that player 33% of the votes (we can keep a running list for "executable players" or something)
Suggestion Two-The King must execute a player if the town gives them 66% of the votes (or an otherwise overwhelming majority, we may change the percentage at the town's discretion)
Suggestion Three-The King may execute a player if there is direct (investigative, most likely) evidence against that person, even if that person has not reached 33% of the votes

apart from our votes seem pointless,there is nothing to go by,therefore theres no point to posting pointless shit

Thats exactly why im trying to set up the Guidelines. You could have said what you think about the main argument of the day, whether or not we should use it?
I don't want people to post pointless shit, just to say what they think about the posting that has already happened.

Unvote:Amadjin

froganomis

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2006, 11:10:04 PM »
i think the king should go along with the majority as you said,unless the king has clearcut evidence on somebody else,which im sure youve also said,and considering theres 50+ posts,wheres the usual crowd?

Vote
Billyman
ChurchofHalo
Happy Axeman
Manic
Mo1ey UK

MOLEYman

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2006, 11:18:35 PM »
mo1ey uks been on awhile and asnt posted

i have posted but havnt voted - cause i dont know who to vote for  :P

its my first game too  8)

hippo

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2006, 11:20:36 PM »
Vote Count
Thequigmaster: Sir Hammer
Sir Hammer: Tommy Catons Hairstylist
Billyman: Sir Hammer, Amadjin
Happy Axeman: Sir Hammer, Amadjin
Manic: Sir Hammer, Amadjin
ChurchofHalo: Sir Hammer, Amadjin
Bluestarsneyes: Sir Hammer, Stevenryals
Mo1ey UK: Sir Hammer, Amadjin
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:05:34 AM by hippo »

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2006, 12:00:02 AM »
OK.... 

Heres how it's going to go, and now we are going to start playing the game instead of trying to 'modify' the rules

Yorkshire can kill who he wants, he's king.  if he goes against what the town says, and it turns out to be an innocent, obviously we lynch him next..  if he goes against us, we will kill him, and he knows that, but you cant just add rules or guidelines..  just go with the game as Hippo has set up... and enjoy it..

now lets get going..!!!!!

unvote hammer

vote bluestarsneyes because she's my girlfriend and i can do that kinda shit!  :)  and because she is scared to post, because she doesnt know what the hell is going on..  so..   GET YOUR ASS ON HERE AND POST FOO!!!!

-steven

hippo

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2006, 12:04:49 AM »
BILLYMAN currently cannot post as there's something wrong with his account. This should be sorted whenever axeman appears, or just randomly like amadjin's account did.