Author Topic: Mafia 15 - 24 - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN  (Read 107449 times)

i2i Killer 89

Mafia 15 - 24 - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:52:50 AM »
00:00

Everyone arrives at CTU hoping today is a quiet day but it sure as hell isn't. Reports come in fast that a commuter train has exploded on route through New York killing 200 people and a plane has also exploded over the Mojave desert. No terrorist groups have claimed responsibility as yet but all the workers at CTU immediately get to work trying to track down and eliminate the terrorists!

Players alive
Mikeblue
TCH
Sir Hammer
MiasG
StevenRyals
Bluestars
Hammerbro
Happy Axeman
Hippo
Trick Pony
Laserblue
Afroboy
Wesmancity
Yorkshire Blue
Masterzulu

In terms of specific rules for this game it is just the same as any other mafia game only themed on 24. There will be no 1 hour deadlines etc. The clock is ticking, let the games begin :D

1. Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.

2. Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I'd appreciate it.

3. Lynches will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any pleas are useless (No Matter how feeble and desperate they sound) and any unvotes will not count. If enough votes have been received and I haven't started the night you can still all post and witter on. This is referred to as Twilght period

4. You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
Voting for yourself is just for show and wont actually count.

5. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.

6. Once your death scene has been posted, you?re dead. Stop typing. I will allow a single no-content 'bah' post, but that's it.
(For Example: Manics "Boooo, Axeman is not in my Mafia" post was not allowed, but if he had said "Booooo, you tossers. Mafia will prevail" then that would have been fine)

7. Don't edit/delete previously submitted posts. Whatever you post, stays on permanent record. This includes editing spelling or grammar mistakes. Just dont do it

8. Don't quote any PMs from me, or attempt to fake one by me

9. If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. Failure to submit a choice will result in you taking no action.

10. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate. Don't leave us hanging.

11. If a deadline is placed, a lynch will require a majority of the normal majority. For example, if it's 5 to lynch normally, 3 votes will suffice at the deadline. If more than one player has enough votes to be lynched at the deadline in this manner, it will be a no-lynch.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:31:01 AM by Currieman »

yorkshire blue

Re: Mafia 15 - 24
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
fos mikeblue :laugh:
been good all his games as to be evil this one >:D :laugh:

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »
intersting story line .. could that mean there are 2 mafia cells? 

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
Dont watch 24, so no idea about the chars. I guess i'll read wiki or something later.
Fos STEVENRYALS, as he hasnt posted yet. lol

Trick Pony

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
intersting story line .. could that mean there are 2 mafia cells? 

FOS MIASG for trying to lead us into the conclusion that their are only two mafia cells ...

FOS TCH for reading and not posting seems mafia like already ...

After watching most of the tv series I think there will definatley be at least one suicide bomber, and a cult ... any thoughts on the setup ?

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »
vote Trick Pony

for a blatent lie, as you were aware as miasg and myself that the topic was locked at work today so we could not post. So you are as usual stirring the pot and trying to get people to think me suspicious for not posting when it was impossible to do so

not watched 24 so will pick it up as i go along

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »
FOS MIASG for trying to lead us into the conclusion that their are only two mafia cells ...
are you saying there are more than 2 ?  I think you've possibly made a big mafia mistake

VOTE TRICK PONY plus when will you ever play the game and not make it about me .. It might be funny for you but the rest of the mafia players are probably as sick of it as I am. And how would you know if TCH was reading and not posting?  I was there when he said it was still locked and this was before Currieman's post about the game.  I know the first posts are usually a gag at someone eg Happy's at Steve but this is ridiculous.

I've watched most of the series but while there's always a terrorist plot I don't think it really matters if you know the show or not.

Quig

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
Bit early for votes at the moment. Best to assess the situation. 15 peopl. Proberly 5/6 evil people. So either 2 mafia or 1 mafia a cult and a serial killer in my eyes. Or even a bigger mafia. 2 different attacks doesnt mean 2 mafia. Its proberly just to show that there is a mafia as oppossed to an unlucky event.

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
Dont watch 24, so no idea about the chars. I guess i'll read wiki or something later.
Fos STEVENRYALS, as he hasnt posted yet. lol

Funny axeman, i actually posted last night before bed as currieman opened the thread, i requested details on the game..  :)  so, as usual..  I'm first to post, and most likely will be most often to post as well. 

I've advised bluestars that the game has started..  currie, if you sent the role to mophead please resend it to bluestars as little moppy will be focusing on school work for a few weeks..   

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »
are you saying there are more than 2 ?  I think you've possibly made a big mafia mistake

I read that and thought the same thing.. 

but i think he's just picking on anything MIASG says and trying to make something of it..

I agree with MIASGs idea that there may be 2 mafia's in this one..  but I would suspect that the mafia's aren't ajoined and dont know who each other are..  so even if TP was mafia, I dont think he'd know if there were 2 or 3 or 4 different groups..  if it's terrorist cells, then we're probably talking 2 mafia in each cell with one head honcho who controls the cells.  They will probably have the ability to demand a cell send a suicide attack or something of that nature.. 

On the other hand, Currieman could have given the cells more information than they have in reality, since i'm sure no body has the ability to torture and persicute the terrorists if they are captured..  in reality, the cells dont know of other cells or who are their partners etc etc, as to protect the other cells in the event of a raid or something.. but in this game, currie may have seen fit to tell them who was in each cell..  ?? 

So, long story long...

TP said what he said because either 1) he's retarded, town, and simply wants to screw with MIASG  or 2) he knows that there are more than 2, and has made a big mistake early on..

thats my take on it anyway..

hippo

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »
Not really sure what to make of the votes for Trick Pony. It kind of seems like you lot all just vote for and accuse each other all the time. Makes it hard to judge.

As for some of the theories being put forward: multiple mafias is a possibility, but i'd think only two was realistic. Or maybe 3 two man ones at a push, but i think it's unlikely. I think there'll be a serial killer, or someone who's evil and on their own - Nina Myers probably? Can't really see how you'd make a cult fit in to the theme to be honest, but it shouldn't be ruled out.

The plane exploding over the Mojave Desert is from Season 4, where the president's plane is bombed and crashes there. So potentially, we might be on that story arc. It involves one lead terrorist (Marwan), who is in charge of a series of terrorist cells that do various damage over the day, and their quest to set off a nuclear missile. Not guaranteed obviously, but just a thought.

Any terrorist groups fancy claiming responsibility?

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »
maybe as 24 goes you think you have a good role as town, then currieman will change your role, as that what happens in 24, for eg - As hippo says Nina Myers was a good cop in the first series then turned bad!. Why couldn't this happen with the mafia game?

This is why we need to vote a bit more carefully and not vote someone straight away!
Axemans plastic moderator. I wear the suit, with fuck all power!

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »
could be some teams forming early..  some going after TP... some protecting..  but too early to tell really..

Trick Pony

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 10:28:02 PM »
vote Trick Pony

for a blatent lie, as you were aware as miasg and myself that the topic was locked at work today so we could not post. So you are as usual stirring the pot and trying to get people to think me suspicious for not posting when it was impossible to do so

not watched 24 so will pick it up as i go along

Yeah thats true while we were at work, though I presumed you would have checked when you got home at some stage. Looks like you and MIASG are in cahoots  ;D  voting out of the ordinary over something like that seems way to recless I understand MIASG being recless though im surprised about you TCH

Trick Pony

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 10:32:30 PM »

VOTE TRICK PONY plus when will you ever play the game and not make it about me .. It might be funny for you but the rest of the mafia players are probably as sick of it as I am. And how would you know if TCH was reading and not posting?  I was there when he said it was still locked and this was before Currieman's post about the game.  I know the first posts are usually a gag at someone eg Happy's at Steve but this is ridiculous.

I've watched most of the series but while there's always a terrorist plot I don't think it really matters if you know the show or not.

Yes it does, the game will always be based on the tv series, so go hire out the tv series and rewatch it a you obviously didnt the first time ??? there are multiple groups of bad guys that pop up through the entire thing. 

Trick Pony

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
Not really sure what to make of the votes for Trick Pony. It kind of seems like you lot all just vote for and accuse each other all the time. Makes it hard to judge.

As for some of the theories being put forward: multiple mafias is a possibility, but i'd think only two was realistic. Or maybe 3 two man ones at a push, but i think it's unlikely. I think there'll be a serial killer, or someone who's evil and on their own - Nina Myers probably? Can't really see how you'd make a cult fit in to the theme to be honest, but it shouldn't be ruled out.

The plane exploding over the Mojave Desert is from Season 4, where the president's plane is bombed and crashes there. So potentially, we might be on that story arc. It involves one lead terrorist (Marwan), who is in charge of a series of terrorist cells that do various damage over the day, and their quest to set off a nuclear missile. Not guaranteed obviously, but just a thought.

Any terrorist groups fancy claiming responsibility?

I suggest MIASG and TCH at this stage

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 12:49:29 AM »
well TP's agenda for mafia is to last longer than miasg and myself i think.

The fact is that we all work within a 5 metre radius of each other. TP keeps smirking and wants to play this time making me believe he has a role of sorts, be it good or bad.

Yeah thats true while we were at work, though I presumed you would have checked when you got home at some stage. Looks like you and MIASG are in cahoots  ;D  voting out of the ordinary over something like that seems way to recless I understand MIASG being recless though im surprised about you TCH

So you admitted you did lie in your first post. Not very good and honest is it ?

Lots of ideas on the theme, and most seem to think that there could be more than one mafia group

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 01:13:30 AM »
I suggest MIASG and TCH at this stage
of course you would you attacked us both in your first post - that's the only link I can see. 

Hippo my vote for TP is based purely on the fact that he sits behind me and waits for me to type a response to him .. he has basically said he's after me and continually tries to talk about the game outside the thread.  He comes on and attacks his 2 workmates with lies and tries to pin me for leading a conclusion  ??? not to mention putting us both as the only 2 possible terrorists in the game.  I think I just put out a theory.  Is he mafia/non-townie and made a mistake?  possibly .. is he townie and making what seems to be stupid statements?  possibly

It might be funny for him but after 6-7 games it 's all that seems to happen to me until he or I die.  Please excuse me if I completely ignore his posts for a while and try to get on with the task at hand.

Trick Pony

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 02:17:05 AM »
well TP's agenda for mafia is to last longer than miasg and myself i think.

The fact is that we all work within a 5 metre radius of each other. TP keeps smirking and wants to play this time making me believe he has a role of sorts, be it good or bad.

So you admitted you did lie in your first post. Not very good and honest is it ?

Lots of ideas on the theme, and most seem to think that there could be more than one mafia group

No not lying, during the day at work we all saw that it was still locked, then after going out last night i got home at about 11pm and logged on and it was open, now there is absolutley no way the both you and MIASG wouldnt have posted before I did which is what I ment.  O0

Trick Pony

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 02:24:57 AM »
of course you would you attacked us both in your first post - that's the only link I can see. 

Hippo my vote for TP is based purely on the fact that he sits behind me and waits for me to type a response to him .. he has basically said he's after me and continually tries to talk about the game outside the thread.  He comes on and attacks his 2 workmates with lies and tries to pin me for leading a conclusion  ??? not to mention putting us both as the only 2 possible terrorists in the game.  I think I just put out a theory.  Is he mafia/non-townie and made a mistake?  possibly .. is he townie and making what seems to be stupid statements?  possibly

It might be funny for him but after 6-7 games it 's all that seems to happen to me until he or I die.  Please excuse me if I completely ignore his posts for a while and try to get on with the task at hand.

Well I can see when you two read the posts and dont post comments so why wouldnt I be suspicious of you two  ???  Im just pointing it out for everyone to see as we all know the first day is the hardest to pick.

Also I can understand MIASG's vote as he loves to hate me, but TCH ... every good role that hes had hes always posted one liners to say im still here though doesnt attack or try to provoke anyone, so I think he definatley has an evil role in the game.

I cant comment on others who dont post so why would i bother with them  ??? Steve and the rest have just come online with nothing much to say.