Author Topic: Mafia 15 - 24 - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN  (Read 106383 times)

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
Re: Mafia 15 - 24
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »
what to think about Trick Pony saying that he saw me online..  when i'm clearly not shown as online for the past 2 games or whatever...  ???

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »
maybe he meant that you were posting on the forum in general?

at least he is posting. albeit dodgely.
maybe TP has slipped up, only time will tell and more of his actvitys and game plan is needed.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 11:02:21 PM »
just a quick update, bluestars is switching her whole company from paper checks to direct deposit this week, so will be scarce on the forum...  just fyi..  I'll see if I can get her to post some tonight, i have training @ 7pm so she'll have a bit of free time to read all thats gone on..

Offline *Afroboy*

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:20 PM »
Haha! I'm here, was going to post earlier when i was on but instead just read through, Fos Miasg
are you saying there are more than 2 ?  I think you've possibly made a big mafia mistake

VOTE TRICK PONY plus when will you ever play the game and not make it about me .. It might be funny for you but the rest of the mafia players are probably as sick of it as I am. And how would you know if TCH was reading and not posting?  I was there when he said it was still locked and this was before Currieman's post about the game.  I know the first posts are usually a gag at someone eg Happy's at Steve but this is ridiculous.

I've watched most of the series but while there's always a terrorist plot I don't think it really matters if you know the show or not.

the highlighted sentence sounds dodgy to me! also he was very quick to team up with tch, getting some allies early maybe?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
I can understand your point of view and I'll admit I'm a bit surprised at TCH's aggression towards TP but mine is a serious continual build up .. seeing how we all sit within a 3 m radius I'm putting it down to a case of he's as sick of it as I am.  I'm sure when I get into work (a little late today  :D) I'll be greeted with the usual "log on I posted about you again - you'll love it".  It would be good however if you could explain your attack on steven for being online - just to clarify the situation. 

Trick Pony

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »
So you consider only an evil role to be a 'good' role.. ??

Yes, i've just logged in, but my status is hidden and has been since 2 games ago when we decided that was best for the game and axeman disabled the 'who's online' function so people couldnt use that in the game.  You saying you see me online is a farce, because you dont.  FOS TP  you're not doing very well for yourself thus far today.

digging again Steve, read it again, "good role" i.e. townie

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »
Well I'm waiting for everyone to post before I make my pot luck random 1st day vote which always seems to get a townie killed off!

a bit sus here...

Trick Pony

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »
well the easiest way to stop it is get rid of the instigator. Miasg and myself do not carry on against one another in this or the last game, there is one common denominator. It spoils it for us as much as for you. So if you don't like it vote him off you won't have any objections from me.

Otherwise TP can try playing the game and cast suspicions on other people.

Hey I started out by FOSing you two to get you involved, then you both attacked me because your obviously both mafia in cahoots, I cant vote you two out by myself and everyone will eventually see that you have been foundout by your own stupid mistake of attacking me based on one line, with a quick TP vote.. I thought it would have been harder than that so im quite surprised

I bet your loving the spot light TCH welcome to the stage front row ... you evil evil man your probably Ira Gaines, and MIASG will be either Rick Allen or Dan Mounts not sure about anyone else yet since everything has been about the three of us for three pages again

Trick Pony

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »
what to think about Trick Pony saying that he saw me online..  when i'm clearly not shown as online for the past 2 games or whatever...  ???

Where did I say i "saw" you online ? I said earlier that "I cant comment on others who dont post so why would i bother with them   Steve and the rest have just come online with nothing much to say"  I was talking about everyone including yourself had posted but not said much as the game had just started so how could I comment on what you were saying ... compared to attacking TCH and MIASG as I know they had been looking at the game

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 12:38:38 AM »
Mikeblue         
TCH               >:D
Sir Hammer
MiasG
StevenRyals          :-\
Bluestars
Hammerbro
Happy Axeman      ;D
Hippo                    ???
Trick Pony             :D
Laserblue                :D
Afroboy                  ???
Wesmancity
Yorkshire Blue           ???
Masterzulu                ???

There my feelings on players so far!!
Axemans plastic moderator. I wear the suit, with fuck all power!

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 12:47:11 AM »
well everyone is being very guarded with their posts so far, not really giving anything away.

I'm not fussed if i'm in the spotlight or not, really i've modded 3 games so not played and then was killed during the day one night phase in the last game so i haven't really played much at all. So people trying to draw analogies about my style of play are really guessing.

TP has a role of some sort this time i'm positive. If it was a good role i would assume you would not try and draw too much attention to the mafia on day one so they might kill you right away before you get a chance to use it. Inferring that maisg and i are mafia seems foolish, if he was correct he would be a prime target to be killed at night. Though if evil then it's purely deflection in trying to make others to look evil and who better to choose that the usual in miasg and myself.

In LoTR mafia all TP wanted to do as a Nazgul was get to day 4 and kill miasg, killing maisg and myself is more important than winning the game. So beware if he's on your side as he's not a team player. Last game as miasg and i were killed in night one it got boring and he modkilled himself.

• Busy Bee
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 12:50:55 AM »
i think i'll FOS Wes

too easy to consider me evil and give TP the big  :D 

if anything you'd have to consider us both suspicious, protecting your mate ?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 01:35:34 AM »
LOL Wes looks sus because of the Arab/terrorist on the 500 Billion bill  :2funny:

I think only TP has made a mistake so far so for me it's way too early to make assumptions on others.  There's still a few who haven't surfaced yet. 

Mikeblue - why are you making a pot luck random vote? and why are you waiting until everyone posts? 

Wes what makes TP and Laserblue seem so good?  and seeing how I've posted as much if not more than most why no thought on me?

TCH your post about TP pretty much sums it up.

Afro what was wrong with my sentence you highlighted?  other mafia players (ie not mafia members) are probably as sick of it as I am - and people have said so. 

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
  • Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
LOL Wes looks sus because of the Arab/terrorist on the 500 Billion bill  :2funny:

I think only TP has made a mistake so far so for me it's way too early to make assumptions on others.  There's still a few who haven't surfaced yet. 

Mikeblue - why are you making a pot luck random vote? and why are you waiting until everyone posts? 

Wes what makes TP and Laserblue seem so good?  and seeing how I've posted as much if not more than most why no thought on me?

TCH your post about TP pretty much sums it up.

Afro what was wrong with my sentence you highlighted?  other mafia players (ie not mafia members) are probably as sick of it as I am - and people have said so. 

I am waiting for more people to post so I can make some kind of educated guess. As always on day 1 it is pretty much pot luck. How many games is someone evil lynched in the first day??? Not many because there is nothing to go on and a townie always manages to get lynched. When I posted more than 50% had not posted yet so what am I going to do? Vote for someone?

From the games I have played the mafia tend to lie low the first few days and let town accuse town as they are the ones posting more in my opinion trying to find the mafia. It is easy for mafia to do the usual show up and post once in a while to not draw attention but still be seen to be playing so I am going to keep an eye out for this trend as to me this is a better tell than going after an eager poster on day 1. It is majoritly a guess on the first day as every other time we have got it wrong as far as I can remeber. Off the top of my head in all the games I have played I don't think we have ever lynched a mafia member first day bar the last one when Bluestars played and it like an absolute mere!  :laugh:

Still a few people yet to post and still nothing much happening than the usual Ausie stuff. I'm not dismissing it but am not jumping to any conclusions just yet.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:53 PM »
fair enough ..

• Busy Bee
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2008, 01:25:56 PM »
well only Hammer and Bluestars yet to post, Steve has said Bluestars is busy for a couple of days, anyone know if Hammer is laying low or preoccupied elsewhere ?

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 02:01:34 PM »
i notice on Wes's list, he has failed to give himself a positive smilie... could this be a trip up with his subconsience at work?

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
VOTE Sir Hammer

Get in here hammer, soon as you start taking part in the game I will remove the vote..

I'm usually the first to say that the voting off non-posters is a bad idea, but after the last game, when all the posters got lynched and the game died a death quickly... I see it as a near necessity to make the game better for all..  consider me for sainthoood.  :)

Offline bluestarsneyes

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »
I am completely out of it this week....my son is having school issues....my company is trying to kill me with work loads....I somehow splashed a HUGE piece of soap in my eye this morning....then when taking mophead to school got in a wreck! I hit someone that figured stopping in the middle of the road in morning traffic would be fun!

Let's just say....I'm not having a good day....three pages....Good GOD...not again! I've not even had a chance to read the game...lol...sorry folks...I promise to get with the program...I do like when we all participate makes it more fun that is for sure.

I'll attempt to get on here today to check everything out, if not first thing tomorrow.

hippo

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 03:29:02 PM »
TP has a role of some sort this time i'm positive. If it was a good role i would assume you would not try and draw too much attention to the mafia on day one so they might kill you right away before you get a chance to use it. Inferring that maisg and i are mafia seems foolish, if he was correct he would be a prime target to be killed at night. Though if evil then it's purely deflection in trying to make others to look evil and who better to choose that the usual in miasg and myself.

Okay, this paragraph bothers me. If you break it down a bit, the sentences and what they're saying read like this:

- TP has a power role
- If it was a townie power role, it wouldn't be a good idea to accuse the mafia as you'd become a target.
- Accusing MIASG and TCH seems "foolish".
- Then the usual thing about "deflection" and added emphasis of the "Trick Pony always accuses me" thing.

It just doesn't sit right. Those first three points look dodgy. Why is it foolish? Unless you're actually telling us that you are mafia and Trick Pony has become a prime target, as you imply.

In LoTR mafia all TP wanted to do as a Nazgul was get to day 4 and kill miasg, killing maisg and myself is more important than winning the game. So beware if he's on your side as he's not a team player. Last game as miasg and i were killed in night one it got boring and he modkilled himself.

And this one bothers me too. It just doesn't make sense. It starts with yet more emphasis about why we shouldn't take anything Trick Pony says seriously. And then warns people that if he's on "your" side, that he's not a team player. Now, if by "your", he means the mafia.. why the hell is he caring whether the mafia are working well as a team or not? And if he means the town, why has he said "your" and not "our", as he surely would if he was a townie himself?