Author Topic: Mafia 4 - Star Wars - The Free Galaxy - Game abandoned  (Read 39459 times)

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Mafia 4 - Star Wars - The Free Galaxy - Game abandoned
« on: May 12, 2006, 06:51:52 PM »
Mafia IV

It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Although the Death Star has been destroyed, Imperial troops have driven the Rebel forces from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy.
Evading the dreaded Imperial Starfleet, a group of freedom fighters led by Luke Skywalker has established a new secret base on the remote ice world of Hoth.
The evil lord Darth Vader, obsessed with finding young Skywalker, has dispatched thousands of remote probes into the far reaches of space....

Will the forces of the Imperial Starfleet root out and find the small rebel faction led by Luke Skywalker before it is too late?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:54:13 PM by Sir Hammer »

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Re: Mafia 4 - Star Wars - Comfirmation Period
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:44:10 AM »
Section I: Free Galaxy (This Thread)

This is like in normal mafia games. The free world is where every player starts playing, the main thread of the game. In this thread, there are two periods in a day (round),  Night time and daytime. Only the non-convicted players in the game (or killed players who would like to) will be able to follow the events here.

Period I: Night time

Night time begins when a player is convicted or when there are no more intentions or possibilities to accuse a player (more on this in Period II), with the exception of the beginning of the game.

During nighttime, all players who have abilities will be given the opportunity to use them. Also, players who are allowed to communicate during night, may do so. At the beginning of the Night time, a deadline will be set.
Night time ends when all the choices are in and the results have been send, or when the set deadline has been reached.

Period II: Daytime

Daytime begins when the death scene of the victim killed at night is posted. From that moment, the survivors shall be able to discuss the situation. During this period, everyone may reveal themselves publicly if they feel it?s in their best interest.

The most important thing in daytime is making accusations against other players. Any player may accuse any other player of being mafia. The accuser explains the reasons for his accusation and so on. Eventually everyone Votes on someone and once someone gets a certain amount of the votes (1 over half left alive) that person is sent to Jail and the game goes into the night period.

Section II: Jail

This section is a different thread. Similar to the free world, only players who have been convicted to go to jail (or killed players who would like to), are able to follow the events here. The free world won?t know what is happening inside the jail. You don't know the rules of jail until you go there (other than these)....

Once in jail, any player who has an ability shall not be able to use it until they get out again. This includes communication with group members. There?s one catch to this. When a Darth Vader (more on this in Roles) is sent to jail, he will be informed about the identity of everyone in jail.

There are two ways to get out of jail.

The mafia in the free world may choose to cause a jailbreak instead of killing someone during nighttime once during the game. This will free all the prisoners, returning all of them into the free world.

The second way is to await parole. Three rounds after being jailed, a player is up for parole and gets a retrial. When the jail is full, the player who has been there the longest, also gets a retrial. A retrial occurs at the beginning of the daytime in the free world and works exactly like a conviction. The people that start in Prison will possibly get earlier attempts at Parole.

A prisoner can also die in jail. Due to riots and such in the jail, prisoners have an opportunity to kill each other. (more on this in the Prison Thread). This player dies without the free world knowing about it.

During the Night phase everyone can PM me a Vote on someone who gets to Visit Prison for the next day. This person cannot post or Quote stuff from Prison, but can read the Prison Thread and report back.

The town win when either all the Mafia are dead or imprisoned.

The Jail Forum is hidden and only when your sent there you can see it.

Roles in this game

Rebel Alliance

Quote from: Roles
1-3Mafia members (3): Members of the Rebel Alliance, Han Solo, Luke Skwalker and Princess Leia. The mafia goes out every night to kill a member of the Imperial Army. They may also decide to cause a jailbreak instead of killing someone (This will release everyone in prison). Upon investigation, a mafia member will be found to be mafia. Mafia members are allowed to communicate at night (when not in jail).

4-Yoda - Mafia Cop : Yoda works for the Rebel Alliance, but they do not know his identity. Yoda goes out every night to look for The Emperor (or Darth Vader). Upon investigation, Yoda will be found to be not mafia. If the mafia targets Yoda, he will die.

Imperial Army

5-Darth Vader - Cop
: Darth Vader works on the side of the Imperial Army. He goes out every night to look for mafia and will be told if a person is mafia or not. When Darth Vader goes to jail, he will be informed about the identity of all the prisoners.

6-Boba Fett - Odd Nights Cop
: Boba Fett works on the side of the Imperial Army. Like Darth Vader, the Boba Fett goes out to look for mafia. The only difference is that Boba Fett can only investigate on odd nights.

7-The Emperor - Doctor(Emperor Palpatine): The Emperor works on the side of the Imperial Army. The Emperor goes out every night to protect a person from a mafia kill. He may not protect himself.

8-19-The Hutt Family - (2) Masons (Jabba The Hutt and Gardulla The Hutt): These are civilians who know each other to be innocent. They don?t have any special ability, but are able to communicate at night (when not in jail). They work on behalf of the  Imperial Army.

9-Grand Moff Tarkin - Vigilante: Tarkin works on the side of the Imperial Army. He may or may send his platoon of crack soldiers out every night to kill someone. Also on the first night you may choose someone to start in jail.

10-Grand Admiral Thrawn - Tooth Fairy: Grand Admiral Thrawn works on the side of the Imperial Army. Each night, the he determines whether or not the vigilante may kill that night. When the vigilante is dead, the tooth fairy becomes a normal civilian. When the tooth fairy is dead, the vigilante may kill any night he wants to. Also on the First Night you may choose one person to start in Jail

11-The Stormtrooper that banged his head in the old Star Wars - Miller: This Stormtrooper is an honest soldier working on behalf of the Imperial Army, but he has an air of corruption about him. Upon investigation, the miller will be found guilty. The miller is unaware of his own identity.

12-18-Stormtroopers - Townies (7): Your basic player without any abilities.

20-Extra Armoured Stormtrooper- Bulletproof: Basic Stormtrooper but cannot be killed at night (unless in Prison)

..almost all of this has been stolen.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:28:48 PM by Der Hammer »

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Re: Mafia 4 - Star Wars - The Free Galaxy - Night 1
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:38:31 PM »
It is now Night One. Its a cop headstart set-up so only Darth Vader and Boba Fett need send me their night choices along with picks from Thrawn and Tarkin about who the unfortunate souls are that will start in the dreaded imperial prison.

In additional to this every can send me an annouymous vote on one other person to start in prison. The deadline for this is tonight at 10pm (when im back from work :-[)

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Re: Mafia 4 - Star Wars - The Free Galaxy - Night 1
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:25:35 AM »
The day begins and the twin suns rise. Still upset from the destruction of the Death Star the Imperial declares war on the Rebellion and has vowed to crush it. The forces gather together to root the rebels from there group....

Players in the Free Galaxy Alive
Amadjin
Billyman
ChurchofHalo
DotLeo
Evil Weasel
Evil Sooty
Monksie
Fozza
Hippo
Flying Dutchman
Happy Axeman
Manicmonkeyman
Emilou
Ray Von Chong
Hagler
Steve Van Halen
TheQuigMaster
StevenRyals

It will take 10 Votes to Convict someone and send them to Jail

billyman

Re: Mafia 4 - Star Wars - The Free Galaxy - Day 1
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »
so looking at the game there is only 4 "mafia" am i correct?

fozza gump zzz

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:02:41 PM »
Wahhay. How is everyone. I'm going have to change this display picture now to something more relevant. I accuse Der hammer for posting first. It him i tell you

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:04:27 PM »
well... we can lynch someone i think... but we have to have a 2/3 vote or something like that... i'm not sure...  i can't remember the rules.... or... oh whatever..

so.. does anybody want to tell who thier character is? 

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
no Willy, there rebel scum. ?:D
Which i'm guessing is you, cause you dont even know the name of your enemys. lol

hippo

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »
Do we know who started in prison or do we have to work it out? Because if they're not talking in here it could lead to them getting votes mightn't it.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »
I know cause i have to put them there, But i dont think I can say.  :-X

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 01:10:10 PM »
well.. Der Hammers posts shows 18 players in the 'free world' so... that means nobody should be in prison if a full 18 are still in the free world...

-steven

hippo

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 01:27:47 PM »
It says 3 people start in prison though. Just wondering if there are 18 players in the free world and then another 3 in prison, or the three in prison are included in that list. I suppose it'll become clear after a while when we see who posts and who doesn't. Or if its not that important, maybe hammer can just clear it up?

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 01:30:14 PM »
WELL...

there's 20 characters listed and only 18 in the free world... soo. i guess 2 started in jail...

i bet they're bored in there.. just 2 of them...

-steven

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 01:46:09 PM »
It says 3 people start in prison though. Just wondering if there are 18 players in the free world and then another 3 in prison, or the three in prison are included in that list. I suppose it'll become clear after a while when we see who posts and who doesn't. Or if its not that important, maybe hammer can just clear it up?

The people in are not on that list

well... we can lynch someone i think... but we have to have a 2/3 vote or something like that... i'm not sure...  i can't remember the rules.... or... oh whatever..
so.. does anybody want to tell who thier character is? 

I have put the rules back to normal. If someone gets 1 vote over half the people alive (in this case 10 votes) they will be sent to Prison.
Tomorrow one of the prisoners will appeal for Parole. :D

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »
ClassyDaz UK and Currieman are not on that list....  who else??

hippo

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 02:14:31 PM »
I'm guessing it's currieman and gravey.

froganomis

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 04:15:33 PM »
so what do we have to do? vote to imprison someone?

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 04:22:26 PM »
yea.. there are obviously 3 people already there...  from what i understand about prison.. you can gang up on people and kill them.. and you can protect your homies... so..if 2 of those 3 are mafia.. and we send an innocent there... chances are we are sending them to thier death...
so we should be careful before convicting them...   or.. we can say screw it.. and just send someone there for the hell of it, just to get things going.. but i dont suggest that one

-steven

ManicMonkeyMan

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »
hello chaps :D, this is the only part of the game that i hate as it takes ages to get the first day over with as we struggle to detect the scum, hopefully somebody might come out and make a huge f*ck up while posting, to make it easy for us :pray:

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »
FOS ?Der Hammer