Author Topic: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...  (Read 38121 times)

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...
« on: February 26, 2007, 04:54:26 PM »
[Play Italian music in the background]

Welcome to Sicily. Welcome to Sortino.
It is a quaint sleepy little town with a gentle peace loving populace.
Or so it seems...[sinister music...dum dum dum!!]
For all is not as rosy as the artist might paint his picture to be...

Shades of grey and even more malevolent shades of dark pitch black have stolen into this picture postcard view and they want to paint the town red!

A pack of werewolves seems to have settled down somewhere nearby in the shadows cast by Mt. Etna and night after bloody night, they make sorties into the village to devour any of the unfortunate inhabitants who might be foolish enough to be a-wandering about at night after dark. One thought they might go away soon but it seems that they seem to like the meat in these here parts...

As if those were not worries enough for the townsfolk of Sortino, a corrupt new evil has raised its ugly head. The bane of organised crime or the Mafia has made itself felt here. There have been plenty of shady goings-on around these parts lately and lots of shady looking character seem to be skulking about the Avaldi manor.
Ancestral home of the most ancient, most wealthy and most aristocratic families in the whole province, one wonders what hand they have in all this? But they are the benefactors of the small town. One does not dare speak out openly against them lest retribution be swift and harsh. One may only speculate...

[Italian music fades away slowly...]

The Rules

* Nights will last around 48 hours or so. If night choices come in earlier, it will dawn earlier.
    * Days will last as long as they need to. If discussion lags, I will impose a deadline. If discussion picks up, the deadline will be rescinded.
    * Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
    * Please be attentive and unvote, before casting a new vote. I’d appreciate it.
    * Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
    * You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
    * The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
    * Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
    * Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
    * Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.
    * If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me I will make a choice for you, which might result you being quite unhappy
    * If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
    * I should post a vote count, ever so often, maybe every page or every alternate one. Please feel free to request one should you deem it necessary.
    * If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, and with the best explanation that I can. You can also pm me if you want to tell someone about your day, or you thought something another player wrote was funny, or just to say hi.
    * I am always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in thread, I'll have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.
    * If I'm going to be unavailable for more than a day, I'll post that information
    * Most importantly...this is a game and we're here to have fun. Do your part.

Players - 12
Hippo
Yorkshire
Currieman
Laserblue
Miasg
Happy Axeman
StevenRyals
Tommy Catons Hair
Afroboy
Evil Weasel
Amadjin
Splinter Skel
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:07:33 PM by Sir Hammer »

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
Re: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...(Sign Up phase)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »
Roles

There are 3 Werewolves
X, Y, and Z are the Werewolves , seeking to turn the Town into an Werewolf state. You three can talk at night, but have no special abilities or even a kill. Once all Mafia are eliminated, you may talk at all times. You can control yourself with a special potion which means you do not turn into a werewolf at night and your evil plan is to infect everyone in the town with it so they need to buy the potion from you making you millionaire…sort of.

Your mission will be accomplished once (at any point) Werewolves make up half of the remaining players, no matter who makes up the other half.

Additionally, if a day phase begins with just one pro-town player and equal numbers of Mafia and Werewolf, the Town of Sortino will descend into civil war, which will count as an Werewolf victory also.

There are two members of the Mafia
X and Y are the Mafia, who have infiltrated theTown. You seek to turn the Town into a crime den were you are the rulers. You two may talk to each other at night.

You may also, at night, have one other player killed, never to return. You may want to try in particular to kill the Prince, since he has the ability to determine whether players have ties to the Mafia.

You will secure Mafia control of the Town once Mafiaso make up a majority of remaining players, or else make up half of remaining players while at least one pro-town player is still alive.

There are 7 members of the Town including:
The Prince
You are the Prince of Sortino, but you have managed to conceal your identity.
Every night you may send your agents to investigate another member of the town, to learn whether or not this person is in league with the Mafia. (Be aware you agents are not skilled in the black acts so they cannot detect a werewolf)
Be careful with your results, as no one in the village can stop the Mafia from abducting you if they discover your identity!
You win when there are no more werewolfs or Mafia left in the Village.

Townies X 6
You are a loyal member of the Town  (i.e. Townie). You have no abilities other than a vote to cast in the day.
You win when there are no more werewolfs or Mafia left in the Village.

SPECIAL RULES:

The game starts in day.

All dead roles will be revealed immediately.

In general scum are trying to achieve a situation where they make up a full majority of remaining players, OR make up half of the players when at least one pro-town is still alive. Examples:
2 scumA, 1 scumB, 1 pro-town <-- scumA win
1 scumA, 1 pro-town <-- scumA win
3 scumA, 2 scumB, 0 pro-town <-- can't occur but it would be scumA win

This game can't end in a draw. If at any time there are no town players left, but equal numbers of each scum group, the Werewolves will win.
Werewolves will also immediately win if a day begins with 1 pro-town player, and equal numbers of each scum group.

In these two situations, the Town of Sortino descends into CIVIL WAR which will be won by the Werewolves.

If you have any questions about the mechanics of this game, or any role, or the PMed messages I may or may not send, feel free to ask me by PM or in-thread. There are no secrets. (I will try to not insert commentary on the rules without being asked, because that can appear to be an attempt to confirm or discredit someone.)

Roles have all gone out now. Check your inbox and start playing NOW.

Day 1 players alive

Players (in order of signup) - 12
Hippo
Yorkshire
Currieman
Laserblue
Miasg
Happy Axeman
StevenRyals
Tommy Catons Hair
Afroboy
Evil Weasel
Amadjin
Splinter Skel

It is now Day One and a lynch will require 7 votes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 03:51:12 PM by Sir Hammer »

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:34:17 PM »
Right, lets get this game started.

Vote Amadjin

He's always mafia :laugh:

Evil Weasel

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 03:42:47 PM »
Hilarious. I'll wait to see what he says before voting.

hippo

Re: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...Day One
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »
Yorkshire is evil. vote yorkshire
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:07:48 PM by Sir Hammer »

froganomis

Re: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
come now currie...you know better than to vote randomly

(enter the hippocrit)

Vote: Miasg

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »
Well atleast I got the day started.

Unvote Amadjin

yorkshire blue

Re: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...Day One
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 07:38:23 PM »
Yorkshire is evil. vote yorkshire
u just posting this cos i got shut of u so early in the ladt game so u evila again

vote hippo

froganomis

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:18:10 PM »
wow i love your use of english....
i think splinter skell maybe evil because he's new,but we'll see how he plays it i spose

on a slightly erratic note,anybody else slightly distracted by these little white boxes with red crosses in?
just me then...fine il go get a fiat panda,turn it into a stretch,then get chris moyles fat ass to break it in half on the way to earls court to amuse one's self while you guys slowly trickle your way into the game

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »
wow i love your use of english....
i think splinter skell maybe evil because he's new,but we'll see how he plays it i spose

on a slightly erratic note,anybody else slightly distracted by these little white boxes with red crosses in?
just me then...fine il go get a fiat panda,turn it into a stretch,then get chris moyles fat ass to break it in half on the way to earls court to amuse one's self while you guys slowly trickle your way into the game
I don't know what white boxes you're going on about but that was a good episode of Top Gear

The reason that I just randomly voted was to get this game going. It seems to have slowed down once again. Vote MiasG as he's not posted yet

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 10:38:59 PM »
wow we're off already, hello everyone, Yorkshire stop being parinoid again,  and sure let's get Miasg posting

vote miasg

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »
 >:( Oh C'mon .. i'm on the other side of the world - i was asleep when the game opened .. I'll be posting if I survive ..

TCH you know better your over here as well ...

• Busy Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 11:08:36 PM »
yes i know, but it's fun winding you up !!

unvote miasg

just an aside but wasn't Stevenryals over in the UK for the City vs Wigan game so he might not be able to post for a couple of days ??

Evil Weasel

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 12:00:07 AM »
Ah yes he is...I think. Poor guy, he had to watch THAT one, EWW.

But more on topic- I say we see what Splinter has to say for himself, since he's new.

Vote: Splinter Skel

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »
Unvote MiasG as he was asleep :laugh:

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

just an aside but wasn't Stevenryals over in the UK for the City vs Wigan game so he might not be able to post for a couple of days ??
[/quote]

Yes he was & it was good to see everyone that came.... but the game was not worth travelling 30mins down the road for..... so how steve feels I don't know :cursing:

Vote Stuart Pearce :thmbdn:

• Busy Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 12:49:37 PM »
plus he's died on the first day on the last two mafia games so imagine if he went early again, an unwanted hattrick for sure !!

froganomis

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »
its normally tradition for weasel not to make it through the first night,where is everyone?

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
its normally tradition for weasel not to make it through the first night,where is everyone?

I thought he meant steve ???

also steve was saying something about not being able to get on the website at work since the server changed.... so I don't know if he will be able to participate much this game ???

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »

Yes he was & it was good to see everyone that came.... but the game was not worth travelling 30mins down the road for..... so how steve feels I don't know :cursing:

Vote Stuart Pearce :thmbdn:
Steve probably wont be on for the next few days at least, he and bluesstars was heading to paris for a couple of days. It was a top day out, we carried on drinking in manchester, then went back to mine.  :laugh: :thmbup:

as for splinter, i'll send him a text and try and get him to post.  ;)

I'm gonna vote Pearce too.  :laugh:

VOTE AMADJIN, cause its custom for me to vote for him early on.  :D