Author Topic: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...  (Read 38049 times)

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
Re: Mafia 10 - Back to the old school....or is it...
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 02:31:27 AM »
i can see that miasg is votein stevenryals even thow he's havein time out with bluestar

should I say I'm unavailable and get a clear passage to night 1 ?? i'm just saying I'd rather keep the guys that actually post on here .. if he post's in time or I feel someone else is guilty I'll unvote him ..

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:32 AM »
my vote on miasg was to get the ball rolling (game terms not bandwaggon...) and it was a cheeky nod to the arguing between us in a previous game

and since this is a new game I decided not to take the bait and vote back .. although I did like the battle in the previous game  ;)  and we ended up both on the same side ! :P

for me (this being my 2nd game) I'll vote for suspicious or not being involved .. it's no suprise really .. early day 1 no-one makes alot of mistakes but people do read into alot of things.  Sometimes your damned if you post and damned if you don't

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 07:18:55 AM »
  Sometimes your damned if you post and damned if you don't

exactly, but we have to get the game moving someway

tradition that im mafia? iv been in mafia in around half the games,possibly less (not entirely sure so dont jump all over this).and this vote straight after weasels?that has dirty handed tactics written all over it

vote:tommy catons for a suspicious schoolboy error

Having not played all mafia games i must admit i was following the Axe and Curriemans posts where they say your always mafia. But i thought the statement on Weasel was a bit suss as StevenRyals has gone in the first night in the last 2 games. And now just a counter vote against me so i see no reason to unvote you either.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 08:52:09 PM »
good post by hippo, he is obviously trying hard already to spot things which is virtually impossible to do, but i too am sceptical of people who vote then immediatly withdraw it upon minor confrontation. But Hippo could be being quite clever by appearing to be a guy who wants to get to the bottom of things and try to appear as a towie by being the obversvant talisman...

Having not played all mafia games i must admit i was following the Axe and Curriemans posts where they say your always mafia
actually i didnt say amadjin was mafia, look at previous games, Amadjin is nearly always the first person I vote for, its more of a custom.  :laugh: but he hasnt defended himself like he usually does though.  :-X

hippo

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 09:57:46 PM »
good post by hippo, he is obviously trying hard already to spot things which is virtually impossible to do, but i too am sceptical of people who vote then immediatly withdraw it upon minor confrontation. But Hippo could be being quite clever by appearing to be a guy who wants to get to the bottom of things and try to appear as a towie by being the obversvant talisman...

Naah, there's subtle differences in how i play if i'm evil. I would have posted something similar to what i actually did, but i wouldn't have used so many names, and i would have actually voted for someone. And with the amount of new/relatively new people, i wouldn't have highlighted any ways to actually tell if people are evil. But nice use of the old 'cast doubts over someone without actually accusing them' technique. You're evil aren't you?

I'm probably leaning towards TCH at the moment. I seem to recall mentioning something dodgy in my last post (thorough research i know), and i didn't like the way the rookie card has been played here:

Having not played all mafia games i must admit i was following the Axe and Curriemans posts where they say your always mafia.

Hiding behind other people in voting and accusations is usually a scum tell.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2007, 10:12:55 PM »
yes TCH does have a habit of saying stuff without really saying anything .. usually repeating others .. could be evil ?? could just be summerising ? maybe he's easily swayed !

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
lol thats what i like about this game, its very hard initially to gage peoples tactics and effort to change the way they appear to play in the game. I was merely trying to say how i liked your post of putting the effort in, but also offering a reason on how you could possibly be covering up. I'm just trying to grab a feel of how your playing. and the answer to your question... I'm not going to answer directly cause you know I'd say I'm not evil wether i am, or am not, dont you.  :laugh:

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »
and since this is a new game I decided not to take the bait and vote back .. although I did like the battle in the previous game  ;)  and we ended up both on the same side ! :P

no you didn't he was evil ???

hippo

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 10:50:54 PM »
Good spot. If they've ended up on the same side now, one can only conclude..

unvote yorkshire
vote miasg

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »
no you didn't he was evil ???

gee is there no comprehension here ??? I said we had a running battle in the last game "Lost" and we were both on the same side all along .. which was townie - so we had no idea. 

maybe I should change my vote for you hippo for being thick !  but I've said why I'm voting stevenryals and still nothing as yet so my vote stands for him !

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
OK OK don't bother checking I WAS WRONG - obviously my comprehension is at question here - appologies to Laserblue and Hippo ..sorry sorry verry sorry .. sorry <sounding like Arnold J Rimmer>

I don't know why I thought Amadjin was townie becuase it was the first thing I checked when the game was over (so I was right about it at the time !) - must have him confused with other i thought was guilty (I'll have to check my sheet at home - at work now)

damn I'm in for some punishment now !  :-\

• Busy Bee
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 01:02:33 AM »
some serious back peddling there miasg, not sure if you've given something away or not there.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2007, 01:58:26 AM »
only that I'm a forgetful knob - just like the last game I just can't keep quiet. :pray:

but once again you say something without substance  :thmbdn:

• Busy Bee
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2007, 02:12:09 AM »
well it's a bit hard in the first day when there's not been much really happening. I just comment on posts as i read them. But that's twice now you've tried to lay suspicions my way without really any proper arguements or substance as you put it to back it up.

pot kettle black

but once again you say something without substance  :thmbdn:

yes TCH does have a habit of saying stuff without really saying anything .. usually repeating others .. could be evil ?? could just be summerising ? maybe he's easily swayed !

hippo

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »
If it was the first thing you've checked in the last game, and memorable enough that you've both made reference to it in this one, i don't think it's something you'd just get wrong. Unless your roles in this game had confused matters in your mind. And that's what i thinks happened here. Pretty conclusive i think.

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »
Sorry I've completely missed this. What has MiasG done?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »
can't say much to change your mind but it wasn't like I checked it this morning ..

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »
Well... lots to read...  it's 5am at home and jet lag has me surfing the internet instead of sleeping...  :(

You're right, i cant access the game at work anymore? Not sure why... 

So, in order to NOT get the 'hes not posting like he usually does' votes.. I'm shit this game, no powers, nothing, normal town.  I win when all the wolves and assholes are dead.

so.. if your town..  you can vote for me.. but it's a waste..  and if you're mafia..  you can vote for me, but, again, dont you really want someone with great powers?  thats not me fella's.

now...  both sides will be going back and forth "is it a ploy, is he really what he says he is?" 
yup..
and since i'm a normal townie, chances are I wont last to the end of the game, so I beg of you town, dont kill me.   and If I get killed in the night by the bad guys...  then I've save the life of one of you that has powers..  so just say 'thanks my little friend'. 

Not sure who to vote for... lots to read yet

hippo

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »
Interesting post by steveryals there. Seems to be concentrating on why people shouldn't be voting for him, rather than anything else. Bit too defensive considering i don't think anybody has actually accused him of anything - maybe a few passing mentions? Very different to how he usually plays it, usually does somthing similar to me and tries to put a bit of pressure on others, but not at all this time. So why would you be playing it differently this time? Have you ever been evil before?

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »
I'm also suspicious of Steven. Don't know why, just something niggling in the back of my head. A gut instinct maybe?

It's very hard to say whether he's good or evil but it's swinging towards evil at the moment