Author Topic: Pep Confirmed as City Manager  (Read 6302 times)

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
Pep Confirmed as City Manager
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:58:06 PM »
Apparently will join us after the season concludes. 

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Re: Pep Confirmed as City Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:44:41 AM »
yeah, apparently pellers and the players have known about it for a month.  :-\

the official Club Statement:
"Manchester City can confirm that in recent weeks it has commenced and finalised contractual negotiations with Pep Guardiola to become MCFC head coach for the 2016/17 EPL season onwards.
The contract is for three years. These negotiations were a re-commencement of discussions that were curtailed in 2012.
Out of respect for Manuel Pellegrini and the players, the club wishes to make its decision public to remove the unnecessary burden of speculation.
Manuel, who is fully supportive of the decision to make this communication, is entirely focused on achieving his targets for the season ahead and retains the respect and commitment of all involved with the leadership of the Club."

Pellegrini added "Before I finish, I want to tell you I have talked with the club and I will finish my contract on the original date.
I signed for one year more, but with the clause that the club or me can choose not to use that stuff now, so I finish here on the original date, June 30, so there is not the speculation.
The club are not doing anything behind me, I knew this one month ago, but I don't think it's good to have rumour or speculation about these things, so I prefer to finish today, which I why I have told the players and I have told the Press.
I also spoke to the club two weeks ago and said that I would do it."

at least all the speculation over where he is heading will now subside, all the paper talk was getting really boring...
But Now they are going to speculate on who we will be signing.
One thing is for sure, there is going to be big changes with a massive overhaul of the squad, Come the start of 2016/17 season I think the team will be virtually unrecognizable with pep having the clout to stamp his mark on the squad from the word go.

Demmi will be leaving as his contract is up.
I can see us cutting our losses on Mangala too.
Yaya's agent is already looking for his next club as he does not fit Pep's work ethic.
I also reckon Willy will be gone, and a new keeper brought in... Joe's place will also be under severe competition next season
Kolarov and Cliche could both be moved on...  :-X
I'm pretty sure unless Nasri gets over his injury(ligament tear off the bone! ouch) and plays before season end, we will of seen the last of him...
Is Bony a pep player? nah I dont think so either...  :-\

All the players above with the exception of mangala are in there 30's, the Average age will go down drastically.
so my prediction for new players?
I'm Sure Denayer Will be given a chance, he is a ball playing CB in the mould pep likes. but if mangala goes thats a spare space for a new player.
A goalkeeper, Left back, Centreback, Midfielder, Striker

One thing is for sure, with Pep at the helm there is not many players who would turn down the chance to come to city.
So maybe we can start talking about Paul Pogba, Thiago Alcantara, David Alba, Neymar, MESSI? ???  :o
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:46:30 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 02:46:27 AM »
I also think Fernando and Navas could well be on the outgoing list too, fernando cause he hasnt got the 'know how', Navas could be kept as he works hard. ???

TBH everything is up in the air now, I even fear for silva...
that is a lot of players to replace if its right though, perhaps some EDS lads will get more chance?

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »
it's an exciting time for sure.  I won't be able to stop watching the news this summer..

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »
with pep coming in.. lots of top internationals tipping their hat toward a move to MCFC.. :)  going to be an interesting summer

have a look at this:

http://soccer.clickon.co/featured/frightening-man-citys-starting-lineup-could-look-like-this-next-season/

Coleman Kompany Verane Alba
   Silva Iniesta Pogba Bale
      Aguero  Griezmann

hmmmmm

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:50:24 PM »
Do you think Silva will still be here? As much as I've loved him, Do you not think we have had the best from merlin and its time to move him on?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »
no KDB either Steve ???  I'd still have Zabba on the right but I'm biased

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 12:17:21 PM »
to be clear, that 11 was from the article I posted.. 

I'm nostalgic about silva & especially zabba... i'm not very good at this "we have money and are aiming to win championships and there is no room for nostalgia".. 
I still haven't adjusted to that.. I'm ok with zabba retiring at city lol  same for silva and aguero..  yaya can fuck off lol 

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 01:50:48 AM »
tbh Zabba would be the only player i would really hate to see leave. I love that guy, Blue blood who himself says he is an honorary manc. His kiddy is a manc, as much as i would love him to retire at city, unfortunately i really cannot see it. :)

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
I'd like to see him come to the A-League but China is paying stupid money at the moment

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk