Author Topic: Mafia 16 - Mixed Theme - SK Win  (Read 75341 times)

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
Re: Mafia 16 - Mixed Theme [TV, Film and Video Game] Mafia
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 06:12:50 AM »
is it time to role claim  ???  I'm Spartacus  :2funny:

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »
Already twisting words hammer?  it's easy, you know what numbers are don't you?  even with random drawings, statistics can still be used..  and with the general ratio of mafia to town being almost 3-1 in most games..  its unlikely to be evil two games in a row, which is why I said the chance is there, as in hippo being mafia the last two games..  it's even more unlikely that he's mafia again..  if that doesnt make sense to you then WOW... but I'm sure that it does, which is why you're twisting words and not being genuinely concerned..

however, I wouldnt put it past hammerbro to give you and hippo evil roles just to see if you can pull off an upset considering how close hippo was to doing the impossible last game..  but that wouldn't be random drawing there would it.. 

The point of random drawings make statistics impossible, and we are meant to look at each game separetely. Fair enough, things have a habit of looking like there is a pattern, but I wont waste my time analysing it, but if you want to by all means go for it.
I think already of the bat you are accusing me of twisting words when no one has given any substance to twist.
In your first post you said I probably was not mafia. I'm definitely not, but how can you make that assumption? What extra information do you have?

If you are town, then your acting dangerously spouting out stuff like that. Some people here wont read my post, and will just skim yours and actually just believe that I have twisted words. If you are pro-town, then this time lets all work together and actually help catch the scum instead of you getting bored and killing yourself. Your better than that, and it gives the mafia a great "Get Into Day Two" Card. 

C'mom wes Jack would sacrifice his daughter for the greater good  ... wes did you get your power role?

Fishing for roles this early? Makes no sense and only helps mafia....FOS:MIASG

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 09:59:17 AM »
C'mom wes Jack would sacrifice his daughter for the greater good  ... wes did you get your power role?

very good, sarcasm gets you nowhere!
Axemans plastic moderator. I wear the suit, with fuck all power!

i2i Killer 89

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
ok guys, i am off to scotland for a week but i will get on as often as possible and i'm posting this on my mobile so wont b a problem. You may have to put up with a bit of text speak though i'm afraid.

Not sure wot to make of wot steven and hammer r saying. Looks a bit sus but it does make me think that they arent linked b they mafia or town coz they wouldnt risk getting noticed like this so early on. Nothing else really sticks out atm but yorky is evil, i can tell

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 10:03:11 AM »
If you are town, then your acting dangerously spouting out stuff like that. Some people here wont read my post, and will just skim yours and actually just believe that I have twisted words. If you are pro-town, then this time lets all work together and actually help catch the scum instead of you getting bored and killing yourself. Your better than that, and it gives the mafia a great "Get Into Day Two" Card. 

Steve you will never live this down, lol

Offline wesmancity

• M.C.F.C
  • Veteran
  • MCFC
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
yorky is evil, i can tell

How can you judge Yorky so early on?, let the guy come on first and start typing instead of labelling him to soon.

Its like you are planting the seed.

hippo

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 10:33:55 AM »
one thing iv noticed hippo,it ain often your all happy jokey??better role than usual huh? i mean you ain one for the jokes are ya

Well.. no, not really. Better in terms of, i'll be better for the town this time, rather than trying to get them all to die. But less interesting from my perspective, if i'm honest.

Not only that which i found suspicious, but..

One thing about this game is there will be 1001 role claims and there is no way you can believe them. 

this post seems overly keen to completely denounce roleclaiming. It's these roleclaims that have won the town the last few games, and it just seems odd. Considering he then went and asked wes whether he had a power role.

Obviously they'll need to be treated with more caution this time, but some will be believed, if not counter-claimed, because of night patterns, or the likelihood that certain roles are in the game. I'm not encouraging early roleclaiming, or stupid roleclaiming or anything, but if used correctly, it's a reasonably effective tactic - what would the point of a cop be if they didn't tell anyone when they had a couple of guilties?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »
ok my go at wes was for his complaints that I had just read that he was sick of "basic town roles" and he's still having a go at me here about the last game - I believe he's the only one so far to take it for what it was - a harmless jibe. unvote Wesmancity

my take on role claiming is quite obvious and as I have already said I can't find the link between the 2 muppets so far and my town character.   There is no "storyline" to follow with this like LOTR or 24 etc.  Didn't you all get upset with me announcing my role claim so early in the last game?  I'm sure you did hippo .. now because I'm denouncing it there's something wrong with that ??

Haven't you people seen the movie Spartacus ?  did that go right over your heads ?

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »
hammer...  flip a coin, whats the chances of it landing on one side or the other?   that's random right? 
50/50 right..  but then what are the chances of it landing on the same side twice?   ??  how about 3 times in a row?  those are "numbers" to which i speak.. you've never studied statistics have you?  or even really thought about it??  it's the randomness that allows statistics to be used..  when we get involved, that's when the stats dont work... my god.. this is impossible.. 

I would like to point something out..  the lack of the Aussie element so far..  there has not been any slashes coming from any of our aussie friends..  just a bit strange as its like that every time in the first day or so..

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
remember TP is away so that's why, though expect more of the same sometime next week when he gets to a pc.

But if it will make you happy

vote miasg

Still plenty of people to post so not much to go on so far, but on the first couple of pages it's always a bit guarded.

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
  • Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »
Wow this started quick!!!

Vote Bluestars she is playing the same way as she always does when she is evil and not saying much or helping the town. Taking a back seat role again!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »
I had to go back and look, but she's not playing this one

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
  • Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 04:05:26 PM »

Ha ha!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

VOTE STEVERYALLS for knowing a bit too much information!!! Only Mafia should know anything at this stage!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »
Perhaps Trickpony's character is linked to the killing of poor kermit ... cause we all know TP is a muppet  :laugh:

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 10:52:13 PM »
Perhaps Trickpony's character is linked to the killing of poor kermit ... cause we all know TP is a muppet  :laugh:
  karma point for that one. 

Vote Bluestars she is playing the same way as she always does when she is evil and not saying much or helping the town. Taking a back seat role again!
c'mon you can at least read who's playing and what's happened so far FOS MIKEBLUE

froganomis

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07:06 AM »

is everyone competing in dullness in this one??

wesman do you have anything to contribute to this game or are you going to continue to harp on about a previous game?

the odds of a coin landing HTH,THT,TTT,HHH,THH,HTT and any other combination have all the same odds?

froganomis

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »
miasg

denounce roleclaiming,ask wes to roleclaim,then 'roleclaim'

are you schizophrenic?

we are :D

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 03:00:07 AM »
miasg
denounce roleclaiming,ask wes to roleclaim,then 'roleclaim'
are you schizophrenic?
we are :D
I said you can;t believe a role claim in this game .. had a go at wes - don't expect him to answer  it .. and ask an old person about spartacus .. I was expecting a few more to tell me they were spartacus as well .. it's an old joke. 

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 06:16:29 AM »
amadjin and miasg arguing already, some things never change  ::)

Quig

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »
Vote Count:
Wesmancity: 1 (amanjin)
MikeBlue: 1 (Hippo)
Happy Axeman: 1 (Sir Villian)
Yorkshire Blue: 1 (Currieman)
MIASG: 2 (Stevenryals, TCH)
Stevenryals: 1 (mikeblue)

8 votes for a lynch.