Author Topic: Neverwinter: Oathbound Paladin  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Neverwinter: Oathbound Paladin
« on: February 09, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »
So a couple days of play and my new Paladin is upto lvl39 until i got cut off from the shard closing for maintenance haha

I can't believe how easy the game is when you are not a Control Wizard!  :laugh:
Now its just a case of run up and smack the shit out of everything, rather than dodging like hell and being frantic all the time, I'd say am going through the game at least 10x quicker!
I can goto the levels i should be on and hold my own, only time Ive died is when i left it to go for toilet! haha
A couple of weeks and she should be lvl70, just that level60 grind to overcome lol

At least i can run a few dungeons with my wizard and get the Paladin equipment using seals.  :)

Miss HardBashtard is proper hard haha

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
Re: Neverwinter: Oathbound Paladin
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »
Don't forget it's double XP soon. Makes that 60-70 grind much more bareable.

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »
My OP healadin is at 62 at the minute.
Even though it's a rough as shit build it's completely overpowerd. Love it lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
cool, lol we will probably be running dungeons with 5 paladins. haha

2.4gb for the underdark expansion. :)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 02:29:18 AM »
haha level 55 now, no outstanding quests in my journal apart from dungeons and to go to rothe valley, which ive skipped cause its all too easy atm lol

I took the Protector + justice path
miss HardBastard is hard as fook. My wizard was well shite, always dying on the 3 giants quest in icespire peak, she just hit them a few times and they were dead. lol
Should be lvl60 tomoz, and shouldnt take too long to get to 70, took my wizard about 5 days, will probably half that... as long as i can get on to play, we will have to pally up for the lvl60 grind haha  :D
So the moral of the story is, if you fancy a real challenge go wizard  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:34:59 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 02:08:34 AM »
Currently lvl65 on the firey pit, last 8 quests... will soon be on Spinward Wise knocking the shit out of giants to get decent xp points.
Although it has to be said, my power has now levelled out a bit, I can no longer just whack and smash, they are a bit tougher and my guy seems a bit weaker, although i still wont die.... in the whispering caverns, I fell into a lava pit, i had temp hitpoints and i didnt die... so i just bounced around trying to find an edge, 5 or 6 seconds later and had managed to jump to safety! haha

Its a bitch when your fighting 5 bullets at once though, bouncy bouncy bouncy... best not try that again lol

My lvl60 paladin(with less than a 1k gear score) had almost solo completed the underdark acts, my lvl70 wizard cannot get past the 3rd act! lol
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:18:21 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 01:37:01 AM »
so miss HardBashtard is now lvl69, with 480k exp to go... so should be lvl70 tomoz :)

Can finally explore the underdark lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 02:31:23 AM »
after all the crappy server issues, i finally got my paladin upto lvl70 lol
Now am at well of dragons, I can get the tryany of Dragons campain going lol With the new underdark crossover heroic events, there seems to be tonnes more peeps on WOD now :)

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:26:43 PM »
Nice! That didn't take you long at all! Nice thing with the pally you can run most content with pretty crappy gear as they are so OP.

What did you go for Protection Pally?

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »
about 9 days it took, although server issues killed a day. lol

Sooooo much easier than the wizard. I'll have to team up with someone to get past chapter 3 for underdark on my wiz haha

I was solo'ing the two HE on spinward rise at lvl67 and My pally has basicaly solo'd everything, the only time i had to team up was the prison camp in well of dragons, so that i could unlock the quests.
although i did go straight there after reaching lvl70! haha

Yeah, Protection->Justice then Light for the team power buff. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:13:56 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 01:33:53 AM »
3 weeks, and miss hardbashtard's gear score is almost better than my wizard lol
gotta say am loving the Pally, I like how vital you can be to a team, and peeps appreciate you more. lol

I'm gonna work on my Scourge warlock again soon too, I stopped at lvl38... to start the rogue cause i was pissed off in PVP games... the game has changed so much in 6 months... but Evil Wench is now lvl60 just by logging it in everyday i play.. lol

So if you have any char slots free, its worth making a new one, running it to level 20 to when you can look to the gods, and just log it in for every Pray... lol

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 03:44:41 AM »
Tbh spare character slots are worth it just for the extra bag space. I bought a bunch when they were 90% off in the sale, get to the quest where you get the extra bag and you have like 30 something per character, great for hoarding for double events.
Agreed on pally though, great fun to play as they are massively OP and work great even with shit gear.

Oh and PvP as much as you can from levels 1-60ish as it's pretty fun and sometimes a level playing field, at 70 forget about it unless you have a fat credit card limit and are prepared to drop some serious cash into your character.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 01:26:03 AM »
it will be getting nerfed on the next major update because of all the cry babys whinging about the bubble. lol
Personaly i only use it in dungeons when the others are really struggling, and use my stamina more to help heal peeps, but Am happy to permabuble if peeps want, but some people hate that and its usualy the GWF's lol

Probably wreck it like they did the wizard lol

Am starting to save all my drops to save for the next Double AD event, which will like you say just suddenly appear one day on the calender. haha
Am gonna save for the dragon born pack, for an extra char and all my other chars can get a dragon hoard bag... so i can save more gear... lol wish i had known about that bank glitch haha

AD to ZEN is going pretty high again, is that cause no-one is buying zen? ???

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 03:48:20 AM »
Bloody Scrubble Pallies, I have an inherent hate for them as they ruined the guardian fighters role, but you would have to be mad not not see they are completely over powered and need a significant nerf.
When the OP arrived it took all the challenge and fun out of dungeon running, when I'm playing GWF with a bubble pally I just hold down the right trigger and take a little nap until it's over.

Not sure if the Zen price is down to the impending Maze engine release soon, usually see a big hike in price just before, seems to get earlier each time though, also I guess some of the changes to the economy that has been made recently have helped push the price up as it's not dropped anywhere near what we were seeing pre-Underdark.

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 03:49:05 AM »
Oh and the Calendar has finally been updated with some x2 events coming up soon so gear hoarding that gear.

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 03:50:55 AM »
Double oh lol also it's coming up to the 1 year anniversary of the xbox release so I would expect a nice sale in the zen store at some point, the Black Friday sale was pretty epic for picking up some good deals for the real expensive stuff.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 12:42:56 AM »
yeah the Pally is overpowered in terms of defence, but the dps is pretty pants an tougher enemies.
I have two extremes... a wizard that at the mo is pretty impossible to do anything solo - It really needs another re-roll and a healer companion, and a pally who can do virtually everything solo with a bit of patience!

yeah i noticed the calendar has been updated with lots of events lol

No doubt the double AD will vanish a day before... lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 02:34:18 AM »
it is crazy though..
Since i started this thread, My pally has completed more than my wizard in a fraction of the time, although to be fair all he had to do at lvl60 was dungeons until the updates.

so in around 6 or 7 weeks with the pally, I have all Dread Ring Boons, the first 3 and this monday should have 4 Sharandar boons, will have all Underdark boons on monday too, 3 Icewind Dale(nearly  4!lol), and 3 ToD lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »
lol Correction, i have 4 icewind boons, with nearly the 5th. lol I visit icewind dale everyday, accept the quests for both areas, then when i have 8 or ten i do them. saves time travelling everywhere for 3 quests. lol

I just got my 4th sharandar boon, and the final Underdark boon too. :)

the only place i do the quests everyday is the dread ring, for the refinement shit.
Am glad i chose to do a pally though, cause its been so much easier farming for gear and dungeons. I'm now VIP lvl2 cause of it, so i can open lock boxes and have 2500 zen currently saved! a
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:08:17 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 04:01:58 AM »
Nice. Sounds like your doing very well.

I'm still working on my GWF, trying to max the dps at every turn possible, reached as far as I can go pretty much at the minute until double RP comes around and I can unleash all the stuff I've been hoarding for it.

Need 6 more twisted ichor to finish my twisted weapon set, epic demo runs have nearly pushed me to breaking point tho lol

Double AD was pretty good to me yesterday, netted me 800kish AD from salvage, really needed it as I've been dropping huge amounts of AD into stuff like Black Ice Shaping just to squeeze out those tiny increments in dps.
Our guild finally upgraded to marketplace 4 so all those Dragonflight runs on a Sunday evening finally payed off with a few pieces of DF gear, just need to make it elemental now.

My Dev pally comes out on the odd occasion but soon got bored of it tbh.

The GF needs a full respec to a support buffer/debuffer but that's one of those jobs when I'm really bored, though I do have 3 respec tokens waiting for that.

Think my SW is at level 22 now just through praying.

A year in nearly of playing and it's still keeping me entertained. Not bad for a free to play game.