Author Topic: West Ham v Man City  (Read 954 times)

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
West Ham v Man City
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »
didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know;

Ageuro is brilliant
our defence is tragic
Demi is past it
Yaya does not do enough to earn his place at the moment & delph had too much ground to cover
Navas can't shoot. he works hard & covers a lot of ground but his end product is not good enough.

with Demi as centre half & Yaya not doing his fair share in the centre of midfield our defence is too slow & wide open.
 If we don't do something about that right now it will cost us come the end of the season.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Re: West Ham v Man City
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
Why o Why did he not go with the same team as last week?

Its no longer Yaya that is the problem, its the fact that Pellers cannot see that Yaya CANNOT play as a middle two.
Pellers is doing his best to not win the league with tactical ineptitude, his tactics are rigid and he obviously does not take the opposition into account. teams know how to play against us, when we need to change things, please not with 10 minutes to go.

Silva couldnt pass to a blue shirt all day, Was Navas on the pitch? De Bruyne looks tired and does not perform stuck out on the wings, he needs freedom to roam.
Delph was the only player giving energy in the midfield and he takes him off.

Kelechi made a huge difference when he came on, his link up play with is Aguero is top notch already... we can all see that, why can't pellers?

Why don't we try sagna at centre half? he's got to be a better option than Demmi?

I'm not impressed with Pellegrini at all, and i for one, cannot wait for him to be replaced in the summer.

Everton in the cup this week, we need a 1-0 win, or 3-1 anything else and we are out of the 1st of the 4 comps.  :-X

playing like this, Tottenham will be overtaking us in the league soon too, they are far more consistent and playing with confidence...

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »
Why o Why did he not go with the same team as last week?

Its no longer Yaya that is the problem, its the fact that Pellers cannot see that Yaya CANNOT play as a middle two.
Pellers is doing his best to not win the league with tactical ineptitude, his tactics are rigid and he obviously does not take the opposition into account. teams know how to play against us, when we need to change things, please not with 10 minutes to go.

Silva couldnt pass to a blue shirt all day, Was Navas on the pitch? De Bruyne looks tired and does not perform stuck out on the wings, he needs freedom to roam.
Delph was the only player giving energy in the midfield and he takes him off.

Kelechi made a huge difference when he came on, his link up play with is Aguero is top notch already... we can all see that, why can't pellers?

Why don't we try sagna at centre half? he's got to be a better option than Demmi?

I'm not impressed with Pellegrini at all, and i for one, cannot wait for him to be replaced in the summer.

Everton in the cup this week, we need a 1-0 win, or 3-1 anything else and we are out of the 1st of the 4 comps.  :-X

playing like this, Tottenham will be overtaking us in the league soon too, they are far more consistent and playing with confidence...

Agree wih you pellers is now the biggest problem. He might be a very charming man but he can't see whats going on in front of him.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »
With arsenal losing to chelsea, this result does not look as bad! lol
What a crazy season this is, its crying out for someone to just be consistent.
Despite pellegrini's best efforts we are now second! level points with arsenal but with a +7 Goal difference on them, and 3 points behind Leicester who we play in a few weeks, followed by Spurs who are 2 points behind us, with the same goal difference although we have currently scored 4 more.

Two cups games next, Everton and Villa...will our hunt for 4 trophies be down to 2 at the end of this week? or will we still be on course for that magical number?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:20:54 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 01:49:53 PM »
With arsenal losing to chelsea, this result does not look as bad! lol
What a crazy season this is, its crying out for someone to just be consistent.
Despite pellegrini's best efforts we are now second! level points with arsenal but with a +7 Goal difference on them, and 3 points behind Leicester who we play in a few weeks, followed by Spurs who are 2 points behind us, with the same goal difference although we have currently scored 4 more.

Two cups games next, Everton and Villa...will our hunt for 4 trophies be down to 2 at the end of this week? or will we still be on course for that magical number?

Someone IS being consistent.. and they're in blue..  it's just a darker blue than I was hoping for.. 
leicester, while I think they'll fade in March/April, are the first team outside the "big 5" to lead the premier league after the new year since godonly knows when.. 
good for them, if we can't win it, I hope they do.  but their foot up the FA a bit..

yes.. I'm glad Arsenal lost, it really helped us out.. 
everything in this thread seems to be about right..
why was yaya starting?  I think 20 minutes of Yaya is all we need these days.. bring him on @ 70 minutes and he's a much better yaya than the 90 minute yaya.. 
Silva had arguably his worst game for us this season.

I can only hope that Pellers saw the impact that Iheanacho had on the game when he came on..  I think it's time to find a formation that works with Iheanacho in the starting 11..  that will be tough though with our frail defense.  It will be a tough decision to expose them behind a 4 man midfield, especially if yaya is in said midfield. 

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »
if we can't win the league then I hope its Leicester & if we carry on playing yaya as part of a 2 man midfield with demi at centre half then I  don't think we'll do it.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »
if we can't win the league then I hope its Leicester & if we carry on playing yaya as part of a 2 man midfield with demi at centre half then I  don't think we'll do it.
for something different, then yeah Leicester would be nice... but they don't play good football though do they? most goals come from a schmeichel kick, a quick pass, then goal... the play counter attack football, there only saving grace for having a small squad is a lack of Europe comps. means they get to rest.

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:45 AM »
for something different, then yeah Leicester would be nice... but they don't play good football though do they? most goals come from a schmeichel kick, a quick pass, then goal... the play counter attack football, there only saving grace for having a small squad is a lack of Europe comps. means they get to rest.
I think it's more that I don't want any of the others to win it, the spuds are playing some good football at the moment but if they loose Harry Cain they will struggle to keep it going.

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 03:21:10 PM »
I think it's more that I don't want any of the others to win it

Agreed..  Not that I like leicester, I just don't want to see Arsenal finally break their duck... and I certainly don't want to see Spurs, United, or anyone else win it if we can't...