Author Topic: Mafia 25 - Star Wars Mafia  (Read 10533 times)

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
Re: Mafia 25 - Star Wars Mafia
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »
looking back Happy's post #142 to me might be revealing as to whom he may have chosen at night, incorrectly.
Wes, MZ, and Steve are the only ones he doesn't mention as possible mafia so for me I'm going on the assumption he tried to protect one of them, and goes on to mention steve is usually targeted first night.    Vote StevenRyals

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »

looking back Happy's post #142 to me might be revealing as to whom he may have chosen at night, incorrectly.
Wes, MZ, and Steve are the only ones he doesn't mention as possible mafia so for me I'm going on the assumption he tried to protect one of them, and goes on to mention steve is usually targeted first night.    Vote StevenRyals

Sorry I don't see the logic here?

Why vote for Steven if you think he's one of the possible townies that Axeman could have protected?

I've just woken up and there's a chance I've misunderstood what your getting at but that doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2016, 10:44:52 AM »
suddenly Happy Awakes...
"uughguughhhghghghhh gh aguhwwgggghhh uggguh
Wwwah rrroooaaah wha?"
then closes his eyes for the last time.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:47:54 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2016, 01:39:35 PM »

Your logic is off.  So, if mafia targeted me on the first night.. and happy protected me, he would have been killed.

I don't think he protected me though, because I think i made my bog standard role fairly clear..  i think he protected wes under the thought that he may in fact be Yoda.  but what does that tell us?  If he protected wes and mafia tried to kill him, that means wes is town, but if he protected Wes and he was mafia i assume that would cause happy to be killed.  So what have we learned? nothing.

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
TCH posted:   In protecting someone else he gave up his own life.

To me this indicates that whomever he protected was in fact town, and was the target for the first night.  Otherwise I'm certain it would have read something like "he tried to protect someone who turned on him and slit his throat" or something like that.
the difficult thing now is to come to a conclusion on who he protected. 
I did not receive any night communication, including from TCH about being protected (he may or may not have done this but I can't remember if that is typical or not).  So it's possible that he did in fact protect wes and I feel like happyaxeman was leaning that way.

I'm going to VOTE MIASG for trying to start an early day 2 bandwaggon with highly flawed logic. 

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2016, 03:06:33 PM »
The way I see it. From Axemans previous comment about Mafia going after Steven early on, I think he protected Steven based on past history.
Axeman paid the price thus Steven is town, now to figure out who was gunning for Steven.

Miasg I still can't figure out the logic for your vote, think Steven may be correct in his assertion of you starting an early band wagon.

Will wait to see what your response is before I vote but it's very much swinging towards you unless you have an exceptional explanation.

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:27 PM »

I don't see how this is the case... how can the doctor die for just mistakenly picking mafia player to protect  Dickey Cider pls explain?   

Does doctor die when someone he protects is attacked? that may be down to the mod & change from game to game, I can't remember

I just can't see how Axeman would be killed just for mistakenly choosing a mafia player to protect at night ???

Miasg I thought you were hiding day one & now you come on & make vote based on what sounds like very flawed thinking

right now I see Dickens cider & miasg as most sus vote miasg

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2016, 07:57:54 PM »
Pls can all the players who did not contribute much in day one pls come on & make posts it can only help the darkside if you stay quiet & it makes you look suspect,

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »
My logic is based on the doc survives if he protects town but dies if its mafia - hes not a shield or bodygaurd he can fix people.  Thats how it was when I was a doc, i think. 

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2016, 09:11:23 PM »
Ok had a look at a previous game roles and i may have getting confused with protector  (like i was in avatar mafia) and doc.  The role described in the harry potter game was doc protects himself once.  Keyword protects .. not heal.  Also Ryals 1 vote to start off day is hardly a bandwagon. unvote StevenRyals

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
I Will wait to see what your response is before I vote but it's very much swinging towards you unless you have an exceptional explanation.
sorry MZ not exceptional just the truth. 

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2016, 09:19:02 PM »
My logic is based on the doc survives if he protects town but dies if its mafia

what the doc dies if he mistakenly protects someone evil even if no one tries to kill that person?

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2016, 09:24:14 PM »

sorry MZ not exceptional just the truth.

Being not 100% how all the roles work myself I find that plausible. Hence why I wanted to hear what you had to say before throwing a vote around.
Early days yet, we still have plenty of others to hear from. Have to explore the afore mentioned scenario as a possibility though.

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2016, 09:26:01 PM »
Ok had a look at a previous game roles and i may have getting confused with protector  (like i was in avatar mafia) and doc.  The role described in the harry potter game was doc protects himself once.  Keyword protects .. not heal.  Also Ryals 1 vote to start off day is hardly a bandwagon. unvote StevenRyals

you have me confused now. Can you explain what your trying to say .. pls try to keep it simple

dickens cider started all this off & now disappeared?

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2016, 09:31:55 PM »
Dirty Rat & Morosekitten gone into hiding?

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2016, 10:01:20 PM »
TCH posted:   In protecting someone else he gave up his own life.

To me this indicates that whomever he protected was in fact town, and was the target for the first night.  Otherwise I'm certain it would have read something like "he tried to protect someone who turned on him and slit his throat" or something like that.
the difficult thing now is to come to a conclusion on who he protected. 
I did not receive any night communication, including from TCH about being protected (he may or may not have done this but I can't remember if that is typical or not).  So it's possible that he did in fact protect wes and I feel like happyaxeman was leaning that way.

I'm going to VOTE MIASG for trying to start an early day 2 bandwaggon with highly flawed logic. 

I don't think you would get to know about it if someone protected you overnight.

I just can't see the theory that if the doc mistakenly protected someone evil he would die

the way I see it the mafia have power to kill overnight. They used that power obviously on a town player, axeman guessed right &  was killed protecting them. otherwise if he guessed wrong & protected an evil player the mafia would still have killed someone & theres only axeman dead.

what I would like to no is why dickens came up with this daft theory? & why Miasg just followed it without question & voted on it?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2016, 10:48:05 PM »
Thought I had explained it.  If you go back to an old game eg harry potter at the end the list of each role is there.  My assumption was that the doctor saves a life if he picked the righy player hit but wouldn't take the hit himself - which sounds like the protector role (which I was back in avatar mafia).  If he chose himself to save he wouldn't die - so why die saving someone else ? Thats the logic in my head.

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:51 PM »
Just to clarify Axe was the doctor, he did not decide to save himself in the night phase and was killed as he was targeted.

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2016, 12:23:38 AM »
Your logic is off.  So, if mafia targeted me on the first night.. and happy protected me, he would have been killed.

I don't think he protected me though, because I think i made my bog standard role fairly clear..  i think he protected wes under the thought that he may in fact be Yoda.  but what does that tell us?  If he protected wes and mafia tried to kill him, that means wes is town, but if he protected Wes and he was mafia i assume that would cause happy to be killed.  So what have we learned? nothing.

From this post alone we have learnt that you employed the same logic with your Wes scenario as the one you are saying is "off" given by MIASG....
It's the exact same scenario. If you or Wes are mafia and Happy tried to protect either of you, then we are assuming he died protecting a mafia.
Not because that mafia player was targeted but because he chose incorrectly.

I don't see how this is the case... how can the doctor die for just mistakenly picking mafia player to protect  Dickey Cider pls explain?
I just can't see how Axeman would be killed just for mistakenly choosing a mafia player to protect at night ???

There is nothing to explain. If you read my post properly you'd see I'm in the same boat as you.
I was questioning if that was part of the role or purely up to the mod at the time of creating it, because from past experiences the doctor doesn't die if protecting / healing the correct person.
But if this is all up to the mods discretion then its all just a moot point and open to individual interpretations.

FYI laser... sleeping / not being at work isn't disappearing, remember we are all on different time zones and I only really have time for this while at work :P

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »
Well I didn't see TCH's post haha... That is very helpful and clears up quite a bit of the confusion.

So what we now know from Happy's death is:

We have no idea who he protected.
He didn't protect himself.
He was the mafia target at night.