Author Topic: Sat 16/01/16 EPL: City vs Crystal Palace  (Read 412 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Sat 16/01/16 EPL: City vs Crystal Palace
« on: January 15, 2016, 06:28:15 PM »
Saturday we Entertain Crystal Palace, Kick off 3pm.

A perfect chance for City to raise there game, Palace are winless and have failed to score in the last four games...Although City do tend to let teams end there runs  :-X

On the  injured list: Bony, Fernandinho, Mangala, Kompany, Nasri and Patrick Roberts(although he never plays anyway!)

Never an easy game in the Prem, but with the right team and attitude, we should comfortably beat Palace...
I do hope Kelechi starts with aguero.

my prediction, 3-1 :)
:cityfan:

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
Re: Sat 16/01/16 EPL: City vs Crystal Palace
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:07:51 PM »
if Aguero & Iheanacho play up front together, how would you align the team?
442? 4132?

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:28:21 AM »
if Aguero & Iheanacho play up front together, how would you align the team?
442? 4132?
Hart
Sagna Demmi otamendi cliche
       Fernando Delph
Debruyne                     Silva
              Kelechi
                     Agureo

:)
see how ive put a player i dont like ahead of yaya?thats because he will paly the position ive asked of him... lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
apart from the Fullbacks i was spot on :-X
Apart from the first 5minutes when Palace really should of scored, we were Much better, with Lots of energy in midfield.... I wonder why?  ???
Fernando the octopus had a good game, doing the simple stuff right, whilst Delph ran the show, and was by far the man of the match with his excellent Ball control, running, passing and Shooting.. What a great goal by him for our 1st goal, which encouraged the fans to shout shoot every time he had the ball outside the area lol

Kelechi complements Aguero much better than Bony, what i like about Kelechi is the his work rate, and he will drop deeper to chase the ball. He got himself an assist for our 2nd and Aguero's first, another outside the box shot hit, taking a slight deflection off scott dans head and into the net.

I'd like to know why Joe Hart's distribution is so poor, you would of thought the club have identified his weakness and worked on by now, surely? He almost cost us a goal by kicking it at a palace player when trying to clear... there was also missed opportunity for a quick counter from runs from de Bryune, but imo Harts thought process is too slow.

In the 2nd half, Yaya was brought on for Kelechi, why? If yaya needs a rest then let him have a rest, Kelechi did nothing wrong and had a good game, i really didnt see the need in Bringing yaya on... although his first few touches were top quality passess, he still has fall over in a heap syndrome when he loses the ball.

In a bizarre few moments in the game, Kolarov kicked the ball out of play for what appeared to be no reason, but he was signalling to the bench he needed to come off. the Bench seemed to not bother doing anything, and another 5mins played out with Kolarov indicating he needed to go off, enventualy he went down, and was stretchered off to be replaced by Cliche.

De Bryune squared the ball for agueros 2nd, and Agureo could of had a hatrick but chose to pass it for silva who scored the 4th.  8)
After that, Aguero was replace by Navas, who i dont think even touched the ball! haha

Anyways, it was a much better performance, although Silva's passing at times was hit and miss, and De Bruyne is looking a little tired too. We scored with every shot we had on target :)
Delph did himself no harm with that MOM performance either, Pellers can no longer overlook or ignore him.

Next Game is West Ham Away Next Saturday....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:59:11 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »
personally I thought we were a bit too open in the first half.
I thought the formation change helped bring the match completely under our control.   I don't think Iheanacho did anything wrong, I think it was just a move to bring more control to the midfield, which imho worked perfectly.

A better performance, but we need to do that away from home..  with Arsenal & leicester seeming to struggle for form at the moment, we need to put together a string of wins and assert our title aspirations..