Author Topic: Mafia 24 - Minions  (Read 17606 times)

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
Re: Mafia 24 - Minions
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »
mike.. my point was.. and think about this..

TCH said there is one less minion today.. meaning that obviously someone was recruited..  so, there must be someone recruiting..  so that means 2 evils. 

i think there are 9 players total..  leaving 7 good.. 2 bad.. 
those odds aren't good.. 

we lynch the wrong player.. and then it's 6 good..  then the bad recruit again.. and it's 5 good, 3 bad.. 
if we dont lynch anyone.. it's 6 good, 3 bad.. much better chance to get a baddy.. more info to go on.. etc etc.. 

on the flipside..  if we get lucky.. real lucky, and get one of those 2..  then we are much better off.. but i'm not confident that will happen..

nobody else is confident either.. look at this..

Alz         1 Vote     Wes
FBN       1 Vote     Laser
Laser    1 Vote      Axe
Mike      1 Vote     Afro
Wes      1 Vote      Alz

5 players with one vote on them..  nobody sticking out to anyone..  it's obviously that nobody really knows who to lynch, or even has a real thought toward it..

if we HAVE to lynch someone.. i dont know who it should be..

oh.. and make sure when you put the names in your hat to draw.. make sure your name is in there as well..

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
  • Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
Someone (at least) has already been recruited so thats 1 and 2 vs 6 minimum. (They both may have recruited making it 2 vs 2 vs 5.)

There are 3 teams the way I figure. Minions against 2 teams whether they be called good and evil isnt relevant. As far as I am concerned as I am still just a minion then they are both evil to me.

If I get recruited then this will change obviously. If we get lucky and take out the "Godfather like leader" then this gives us a huge advantage rather than let them recruit again making them even stronger.

Maybe they can only recruit on alternate nights. But I reckon this is just the start of the game and everyone will get recruited and it will end up a more straight forward 2 team mafia game. Get me?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »
Someone (at least) has already been recruited so thats 1 and 2 vs 6 minimum. (They both may have recruited making it 2 vs 2 vs 5.)

TCH said that "there is 1 less minion" so i would think that means only one recruiter..  if there are 2 recruiting.. then maybe they swap back and forth.. and the other can recuit in this night phase.. 

didnt think about that..  on the first day TCH said there was an angel & demon type thing.. and alluded to teh fact they would be recruiting everyone in our PM's..
so.. last night there was "one less minion" so i guess it would only make sense for the other group to recruit tonight to keep things even..

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2011, 05:52:09 PM »
TCH said that "there is 1 less minion" so i would think that means only one recruiter..  if there are 2 recruiting.. then maybe they swap back and forth.. and the other can recuit in this night phase.. 

didnt think about that..  on the first day TCH said there was an angel & demon type thing.. and alluded to teh fact they would be recruiting everyone in our PM's..
so.. last night there was "one less minion" so i guess it would only make sense for the other group to recruit tonight to keep things even..

Tommy actually said that there were less minions ... not there whas one less minion... is this a diliberate error or are you just skimming?

Offline *Afroboy*

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »
My bad Unvote Mikeblue. But it did get you out of hiding... or observation, whichever it was. To be honest none of us have much of a clue, but isn't that like nearly every game? The clues come from voting, so by voting I believe you are more likely to root up the bad in the game than just sitting there and waiting for nights to past by because then you might as well have started like a normal game. I'm not saying we have to lynch someone, but what I am saying is we are more likely to choose the right person if we don't just have the "I'm not going to lynch" frame of mind.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »
Tommy actually said that there were less minions ... not there whas one less minion... is this a diliberate error or are you just skimming?

nice one laser..  i was wrong..  tch said "All i will tell you is there are less minions than there were before the night phase started."

so it could be that there were multiple recruitments.. 

so there is gabriel & maarg.. presumably they both would be able to recruit last nigh.. so that changes the math all together..  2 good, 2 bad and 5 neutral.. 
i'm a neutral, mike has said he's a neutral.. 3 more neutrals and we rule it down to 4.. then have to decide which are good and which are bad..    :)

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »
Vote Count

Alz         1 Vote     Wes
FBN       1 Vote     Laser
Laser    1 Vote      Axe
Miasg      1 Vote     FBN
Wes      1 Vote      Alz

5 votes are required for a lynch, the deadline is mighnight Monday UK time, if we have not reached 5 votes then the night phase will start without a lynch.

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »

There are 3 teams the way I figure. Minions against 2 teams whether they be called good and evil isnt relevant. As far as I am concerned as I am still just a minion then they are both evil to me.

If I get recruited then this will change obviously. If we get lucky and take out the "Godfather like leader" then this gives us a huge advantage rather than let them recruit again making them even stronger.

Maybe they can only recruit on alternate nights. But I reckon this is just the start of the game and everyone will get recruited and it will end up a more straight forward 2 team mafia game. Get me?

Thanks for helping decide a vote ... If you read what TCH is saying the minions until selected are hoping for a good win as we win when good wins .. you are saying that good is evil and evil is evil as they are both against you .. you should be considering yourself good unless recruited to evil

VOTE MIKEBLUE for acting like a vigilante ..

Steve I agree with Laser I'm afraid - can you show us where TCH has said 1 minion was recruited?  maybe we have both misread something.  I would also like to hear more from Happy

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »
Steve I agree with Laser I'm afraid - can you show us where TCH has said 1 minion was recruited?  maybe we have both misread something.  I would also like to hear more from Happy

stop skimming and read steve's last post...
he admitted he read it wrong...

i knew there was a decent reason for voting for you...
skimming... as usual... typical evil...

so are you going to tell us who you recruited overnight ?

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2011, 05:53:45 AM »
Gee why are you so certain I'm evil?  Didn't you vote for me because no one had?  now I'm evil?
and that I've skimmed ? 
By the way I was just replying to an earlier post  from laser - just making a point.   
Everything you've done so far this and he last game reminds me of TP playing.

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:24 AM »
Gee why are you so certain I'm evil?  Didn't you vote for me because no one had?  now I'm evil?
and that I've skimmed ? 
By the way I was just replying to an earlier post  from laser - just making a point.   
Everything you've done so far this and he last game reminds me of TP playing.

how does it remind you of TP ?
I haven't gone and cried about people making up names to go with the acronym... and never returned since...  :P

I was just stating facts... and that fact was that you skimmed...
you even just admitted that you replied to an earlier post...
seems quite weird that you would reply to an earlier post without reading the posts following that beforehand...
skimming confirmed :)

never said i was convinced... but you are showing the typical evil traits... thus far :)

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2011, 07:25:26 AM »
purely because he is without a vote
VOTE MIASG

errr what ?  I got a vote - others hadn't then you back yourself up with

i knew there was a decent reason for voting for you...
ever consider changing your name to clutch, as you are just clutching at straws my friend.

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:36 AM »
I'm not clutching at anything...
As I said... the vote was purely because you didn't have a vote for you... no need to get your panties in a bunch... that time of the month ??

you are getting quite worked up over a simple "pointing out your error" post...
just making yourself look more suspicious....

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »
Thanks for helping decide a vote ... If you read what TCH is saying the minions until selected are hoping for a good win as we win when good wins .. you are saying that good is evil and evil is evil as they are both against you .. you should be considering yourself good unless recruited to evil

VOTE MIKEBLUE for acting like a vigilante ..

What are you on about in this post? It doesnt even warrant a reply. I said it matters not what the teams are called whether good or evil because I am not on either of them so they are both evil to me as I am neither side at this moment in time as I am a minion. Fairly straight forward this.

Skimming and making stuff up!

FOS MIASG

I see this game more like a school yard kind of pick your own teams style. Remember when picking teams for footy you have 2 captains then you take turns to pick lol. Looking back those kids that got picked last all the time must have felt really bad..........ah well shouldn't have been so shit really should they!

So who are the captains and who have they picked. Well I reckon we start looking at the stronger Mafia players as thats who I would be picking.......

Who would we say these are??? I would rule out Steve as I wouldnt pick him as he is shite and always get killed of early  :bleh: but he may be a captain. I would probably recruit Axeman, MIASG and Laser first personally......... .

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »
that's not very nice mike..  I am not shite at mafia..  i won a few times years ago.. 

it's a good parallel though mike, i guess.. and it makes me wonder where axeman is..  he's been very quiet in day 2.. 

I'll Vote Axeman to see if we can bring him out of hiding a bit.. 

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »
that's not very nice mike..  I am not shite at mafia..  i won a few times years ago.. 

it's a good parallel though mike, i guess.. and it makes me wonder where axeman is..  he's been very quiet in day 2.. 

I'll Vote Axeman to see if we can bring him out of hiding a bit..

Yes you are shite. You are the worst evil player I have ever seen!  >:D

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2011, 04:52:42 PM »
What are you on about in this post? It doesnt even warrant a reply. I said it matters not what the teams are called whether good or evil because I am not on either of them so they are both evil to me as I am neither side at this moment in time as I am a minion. Fairly straight forward this.

Skimming and making stuff up!

FOS MIASG

I see this game more like a school yard kind of pick your own teams style. Remember when picking teams for footy you have 2 captains then you take turns to pick lol. Looking back those kids that got picked last all the time must have felt really bad..........ah well shouldn't have been so shit really should they!

So who are the captains and who have they picked. Well I reckon we start looking at the stronger Mafia players as thats who I would be picking.......

Who would we say these are??? I would rule out Steve as I wouldnt pick him as he is shite and always get killed of early  :bleh: but he may be a captain. I would probably recruit Axeman, MIASG and Laser first personally......... .

i understand where your coming from but tommy said minions win if all evil is destroyed .. not both teams ... so surley it would be best to try to get rid of the evil team?

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
i understand where your coming from but tommy said minions win if all evil is destroyed .. not both teams ... so surley it would be best to try to get rid of the evil team?

Yes I agree but I see the chances of this happening being very slim.

I'm a minion though so lets go for it.

FOS HAPPY, MIASG and LASER for being the 3 most likely to have been recruited already

Offline *Afroboy*

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »
Nice, but it is quite possible any of those people could be the "captain" so to speak, and if they were, they might be clever enough to pick someone less obvious. I'm just saying.. Not only that, but the recruitment for the good team will also be wanting the best players, so you could shoot yourself in the foot by killing off one of the better players who has also been recruited to the good team. So it's not a perfect idea after all.

I am going to vote miasg because right now all he is doing is talking rubbish, getting into petty squabbles with Footynewb and failing to make any valuable ground in attempting to figure out how best to eliminate the baddies while still posting a lot.

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2011, 07:42:15 PM »
Nice, but it is quite possible any of those people could be the "captain" so to speak, and if they were, they might be clever enough to pick someone less obvious. I'm just saying.. Not only that, but the recruitment for the good team will also be wanting the best players, so you could shoot yourself in the foot by killing off one of the better players who has also been recruited to the good team. So it's not a perfect idea after all.

I am going to vote miasg because right now all he is doing is talking rubbish, getting into petty squabbles with Footynewb and failing to make any valuable ground in attempting to figure out how best to eliminate the baddies while still posting a lot.

Im not on a team. You however are. There is no good team to me.

VOTE AFRO