Author Topic: Mafia 17 - Harry Potter Game *Mafia Win*  (Read 95393 times)

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
Re: Mafia 17 - Harry Potter Game thread
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »
Great contribution there mike...  You're doing the same thing you've accused hippo of doing..   

hippo

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
Haha, crikey, mike.. feathers ruffled much?

So now you backtrack and add that? Why not say that at the time after slating others for doing so?

No, i didn't slate you did i? I merely pointed out that there was no point in saying what you said. You can't say TP looks most suspicious, and then say that's normal, because that's contradictory and doesn't mean anything. You need to pick up on players indvidual styles to acknowledge what is and isn't suspicious - if Stevenryals posts alot, that's not suspicious; if YB posts alot, that is. If i post some bizarre crap that makes no sense, that's suspicious; if TP does it, that's normal. He can't be the "most suspicious" in your eyes, if he's doing nothing different. It makes no sense.

Seems to me you are singling people out with no substance or then adding it after for doing exactly what you are doing.

The idea of voting for someone randomly, is that it opens up a dialogue with that person, in which you exchange a few posts and try and work each other out. I'm not gonna say all of the minimal stuff i have to say to Currieman in the first post am i? Or that'd be it. One post, he defends, end of dialogue and no pressure applied. As it happens, that's what'll happen now, but that's your fault, rather than mine.

Obviously there's little substance to what i put in my first post, because it was my first post, on page two and hardly anyone had said anything for me to use to provide any substance. Hammer voted for someone for not being Spartacus early on.. would you have reacted to that too?

You seem somewhat too defensive over just being mentioned briefly in a post? I mean, i mentioned ryals as much as you, and he hasn't kicked off about it. Just looked back and you've never been mafia before have you? Maybe that's the reason for your over-defensiveness? Interesting.

Blue Blooded Maniac

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »
so.. do you understand the game we're playing here BBM?

ye i get the jist lol  :D

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
You seem somewhat too defensive over just being mentioned briefly in a post? I mean, i mentioned ryals as much as you, and he hasn't kicked off about it. Just looked back and you've never been mafia before have you? Maybe that's the reason for your over-defensiveness? Interesting.

that's another point..  I've been going over old games looking at the way Mikeblue has come out of the gates simply because he went on and on about never being evil while we were in Portsmouth... 

In previous games first couple (real) days...  he says things jokingly like "i see you're looking for an easy ride to day 2 again , mafioso!!"    and "FOS Sir hammer, villian.. or whatever you call yoru self these days, do you change your name so people don't associate to all your evil roles?? one onders"....   
and the longest it's taken him to say 'i'm town in the one again" or "i'm always town" or ... whatever..  as far as i can tell..  is 5 pages..  then he gets 2 or 3 votes on him and he goes quiet until someone else gets lynched...

in this game.. however, in this game he seems to have come out with a more scathing approach, pointing the finger, trying to wind people up... whereas in the past he's been more "jokey" on day 1....  So, it seems that something may be different with mikeblue this time around..

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
  • Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »
Haha, crikey, mike.. feathers ruffled much?

No, i didn't slate you did i? I merely pointed out that there was no point in saying what you said. You can't say TP looks most suspicious, and then say that's normal, because that's contradictory and doesn't mean anything. You need to pick up on players indvidual styles to acknowledge what is and isn't suspicious - if Stevenryals posts alot, that's not suspicious; if YB posts alot, that is. If i post some bizarre crap that makes no sense, that's suspicious; if TP does it, that's normal. He can't be the "most suspicious" in your eyes, if he's doing nothing different. It makes no sense.

The idea of voting for someone randomly, is that it opens up a dialogue with that person, in which you exchange a few posts and try and work each other out. I'm not gonna say all of the minimal stuff i have to say to Currieman in the first post am i? Or that'd be it. One post, he defends, end of dialogue and no pressure applied. As it happens, that's what'll happen now, but that's your fault, rather than mine.

Obviously there's little substance to what i put in my first post, because it was my first post, on page two and hardly anyone had said anything for me to use to provide any substance. Hammer voted for someone for not being Spartacus early on.. would you have reacted to that too?

How am I on the defensive? I am questioning you and then you turn it on it on me so thats me being defensive? How exactly? You are trying to deflect attention from yourself on to me.

When I stated TP looked suspicious I thought he did. And yes he always looks suspicious normally? What is up with that? I'm saying he is a suspicious player. I see nothing wrong with that so please don't try to insinaute that there is.

I don't think we should all follow your rules to how we play Mafia either. You have your ways others have theirs. Why are you trying to dictate how we should go about things. Its as if you are trying to boss the situation. Is this so your minnions can follow you? One wonders.

Then you say not to post without giving reasons then you do the exaxt same then come out and say its alright for you to do it but not others because you have this way of questioning people. Double standards or what?

I think its your feathers that a ruffled and my vote is staying firmly on you for the time being!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »
that's another point..  I've been going over old games looking at the way Mikeblue has come out of the gates simply because he went on and on about never being evil while we were in Portsmouth... 

In previous games first couple (real) days...  he says things jokingly like "i see you're looking for an easy ride to day 2 again , mafioso!!"    and "FOS Sir hammer, villian.. or whatever you call yoru self these days, do you change your name so people don't associate to all your evil roles?? one onders"....  
and the longest it's taken him to say 'i'm town in the one again" or "i'm always town" or ... whatever..  as far as i can tell..  is 5 pages..  then he gets 2 or 3 votes on him and he goes quiet until someone else gets lynched...

in this game.. however, in this game he seems to have come out with a more scathing approach, pointing the finger, trying to wind people up... whereas in the past he's been more "jokey" on day 1....  So, it seems that something may be different with mikeblue this time around..

I always get lynched early and all the attention is always on me. Nobody ever believes I am town. Then we normally ending up messing round with me for page after page when the mafia get a free ride and sit back and laugh at us all. This time I tried to avoid that so I people wouldn't give it the old "oh he has showed up and posted, but has said nothing and is making no effort to find anything out etc etc."

I have questioned Hippo and then as usual everyone is jumping on me as usual. I am trying to find some answers and peice things together. Then because I do this I am sus? Behave. I am town as always and trying to find stuff out. Is this not what we are supposed to do.

More to the point what the hell are you doing? You have normally posted 20 times by now. If anyone is playing different its you. Are you trying to stay quiet and glide by....standard mafia play. I am trying to find shit out but yet again it all comes back on me as usual. I will be the main suspect all day might survive the first lynch with any luck then get killed off when the mafia laugh at you, and you will all be like "oh well he was acting mafia" Would you please learn!

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »
This time I tried to avoid that so I people wouldn't give it the old "oh he has showed up and posted, but has said nothing and is making no effort to find anything out etc etc."

the only question if have for you is... 

what were you GOING to say..  This is not a typo.. this is you changing what you were going to say in mid sentance..
if it were lower case and pushed next to the 'so' or the 'people' you could argue that it's a typo...

Your mind was going one direction, and you had to purposfully make it change to a direction other than what was natural.. 

VOTE MIKEBLUE

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
WTF????

That is the lamest reason I have ever seen for voting someone lol. Worse than the line spacing one I think.

PMSL  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hippo

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2009, 04:34:44 PM »
Then you say not to post without giving reasons

Where exactly did i say that then? That's made up isn't it?

What has happened is this:
- I tried to kickstart the game a bit, mentioned a few people (including you), voted for someone
- You FOS me
- I re-explain my point about TP, and as requested, give a reason for picking Currie for my test-the-water vote.
- You vote for me

At no stage have i said "don't post without reasons". What i said is, don't say someone looks suspicious and then follow it up with something like "but that's normal". It doesn't put any pressure on them, and like i explained a couple of times, it's as good as saying nothing. I don't see why me pointing this out has made you so angry, but it has. Like i said, ridiculously touchy.

As for the other bits of your rant..

- Why would i come out and accuse people to divert attention away from me, when no-one had even mentioned me?
- I'm not trying to make anyone play like anything, i've explained what i was doing. The fact that i've said i was looking for reactions, and you've continued to give one, makes me chuckle.
- Hippos don't have feathers.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »
it's not strange if you consider the psychological effect on a person who's evil and trying to portray someone who is not...  your sub-concious will constantly steer you wrong, so you have to correct things mid sentance in order to seem like your town.. 

Maybe you meant:

This time I tried to avoid that so I don't get lynched...
This time I tried to avoid that so I don't look like mafia...
This time I tried to avoid that so I can wear a wig...
This time I tried to avoid that so I don't have to eat nails...

I dont know what you were going to say, and it doesn't even matter really, but you were going to say something else, and edited yourself in mid-sentance..  for me that's enough at this point to vote for you...

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:39 PM »
Where exactly did i say that then? That's made up isn't it?

What has happened is this:
- I tried to kickstart the game a bit, mentioned a few people (including you), voted for someone
- You FOS me
- I re-explain my point about TP, and as requested, give a reason for picking Currie for my test-the-water vote.
- You vote for me

At no stage have i said "don't post without reasons". What i said is, don't say someone looks suspicious and then follow it up with something like "but that's normal". It doesn't put any pressure on them, and like i explained a couple of times, it's as good as saying nothing. I don't see why me pointing this out has made you so angry, but it has. Like i said, ridiculously touchy.

As for the other bits of your rant..

- Why would i come out and accuse people to divert attention away from me, when no-one had even mentioned me?
- I'm not trying to make anyone play like anything, i've explained what i was doing. The fact that i've said i was looking for reactions, and you've continued to give one, makes me chuckle.
- Hippos don't have feathers.

You have tried to divert the attention to me when I questioned you.

You did not give any reasons for voting someone, then after I asked why you did, then you explain... I questioned that when you had slated me and others for pointless posting when thats exactly what you had done before you came on again.

You basically slated people and me for posting stuff without reasoning or for saying sum1 was sus. I found this sus after you did the exact same. It has not made me angry. I don't see how you get that impression. The way I see it and it appears you are trying to do it again....I questioned you and you come back and try and deflect/turn it onto an issue with myself because you said one thing about me that was nothing and I questioned you for doing the same but this is not ok? Bizzare logic.

I am not reacting to you. I am replying to you but you seem to be trying to make it something more? I wonder why? And now your love buddy Steve is joing in too. Convienent that. Nobody else wonder why StevenRyalls has posted less than he ever has in his life in this game? Yet he is bombarding every other thread on the board?

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »
it's not strange if you consider the psychological effect on a person who's evil and trying to portray someone who is not...  your sub-concious will constantly steer you wrong, so you have to correct things mid sentance in order to seem like your town.. 

Maybe you meant:

This time I tried to avoid that so I don't get lynched...
This time I tried to avoid that so I don't look like mafia...
This time I tried to avoid that so I can wear a wig...
This time I tried to avoid that so I don't have to eat nails...

I dont know what you were going to say, and it doesn't even matter really, but you were going to say something else, and edited yourself in mid-sentance..  for me that's enough at this point to vote for you...

To be honest I can slightly see you point. In all honesty I don't know if it was a typo or I did change what I was going to say or that I was writing and flicking back and forth from work when customers came up with a bet and I just forgot where I was up to. I have to type fast and don't really check what I have wrote as there is no need for me to because I have nothing to hide or be worried about slipping up on as I am town.

Your mind really does work in wonderful ways Steve lol.

Funny how you have ignored everything I have said about you and you and Hippo continue to bombard me!

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
Nobody else wonder why StevenRyalls has posted less than he ever has in his life in this game? Yet he is bombarding every other thread on the board?

it's only page 3 mike.  and already there are only 3 people playing.. so.. you can expect yours, mine & hippo's post count to sky rocket... seeing as everyone else is just enjoying the show at this point..

hippo

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »
You did not give any reasons for voting someone, then after I asked why you did, then you explain... I questioned that when you had slated me and others for pointless posting when thats exactly what you had done before you came on again.

I've explained why it wasn't pointless though haven't i? What would Currie have done when he saw my vote? Questioned it; we'd have interacted, and i'd have attempted to work him out during that. What's TP gonna do when he sees what you wrote? Nothing, he'd ignore it. That's the difference between being pointless, and being Hippo. What else could i possibly do at this stage other than say something, and hope someone reacts to it? It's worked look. I still don't know why you got involved though.

You basically slated people and me for posting stuff without reasoning or for saying sum1 was sus. I found this sus after you did the exact same.

Oh FFS. Seriously? For the last time, i said nothing of the sort. Vote without reasoning this early if you want. Say somebody's suspicious. Don't follow this up by saying something that lets that person completely off the hook though. Because it's pointless and get's no one anywhere. It puts no pressure on them, and helps the town not even slightly.

I'm not typing anything else to you about this though, 'cause i kind of suspect you're just saying the same incorrect things deliberately and repeatedly, so us three fill up a page, and everyone skims it.

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
it's only page 3 mike.  and already there are only 3 people playing.. so.. you can expect yours, mine & hippo's post count to sky rocket... seeing as everyone else is just enjoying the show at this point..

Still you have normally posted more than this and have only joined in since I was getting at Hippo. Just seems very strange to me thats all. You both started to have a go at me and decided to tag team me.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2009, 05:06:40 PM »
Actually Mike, what's strange is your flip-flopping...

WTF????

That is the lamest reason I have ever seen for voting someone lol. Worse than the line spacing one I think.

PMSL  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gone from the lamest reason ever with PMSL WTF and 3 laffy smileys..  to:

To be honest I can slightly see you point.

Drastic change in my opinion..

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »
p.s.  up until this point, I have 14 posts..  which if you don't count TCH's comments, that's over 25% of this thread... thank you very much..

maybe before you post accusations... you should consider facts first..

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
I've explained why it wasn't pointless though haven't i? What would Currie have done when he saw my vote? Questioned it; we'd have interacted, and i'd have attempted to work him out during that. What's TP gonna do when he sees what you wrote? Nothing, he'd ignore it. That's the difference between being pointless, and being Hippo. What else could i possibly do at this stage other than say something, and hope someone reacts to it? It's worked look. I still don't know why you got involved though.

Oh FFS. Seriously? For the last time, i said nothing of the sort. Vote without reasoning this early if you want. Say somebody's suspicious. Don't follow this up by saying something that lets that person completely off the hook though. Because it's pointless and get's no one anywhere. It puts no pressure on them, and helps the town not even slightly.

I'm not typing anything else to you about this though, 'cause i kind of suspect you're just saying the same incorrect things deliberately and repeatedly, so us three fill up a page, and everyone skims it.

You still don't catch my drift do you? You are basically saying its alright to do what you do and did, but when others do similar, this isn't allowed even though its the "HIPPO" way PMSL!

You don't want to talk about it anymore because you can't really explain your logic adn your double standards. Well my vote is sticking with you, and Steve your bully buddy ain't far behind!

Offline Mikeblue

• Community Hero
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »
Actually Mike, what's strange is your flip-flopping...

gone from the lamest reason ever with PMSL WTF and 3 laffy smileys..  to:

Drastic change in my opinion..

To me it is the lamest reason ever, but after you pointed out how your devious mind worked I could kinda see where "you" were coming from if you were that paraniod and insecure lol. Still doesn't mean I agree with it or my opinion has changed. I still think its funny as fuck how you thought it up!

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »
You don't want to talk about it anymore because you can't really explain your logic adn your double standards. Well my vote is sticking with you, and Steve your bully buddy ain't far behind!

brilliant move..  "the two of you who are putting the slightest bit of pressure on me are top two of my list for votes"...  lol... 

(p.s. don't ever call me hippo's love buddy again..  ever........   ever....   >:D )