Author Topic: Axe Mafia 1: EVIL vs GOOD  (Read 42741 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Axe Mafia 1: EVIL vs GOOD
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »
Players Signed up and awaiting there roles:
Billyman
ChurchofHalo
Manicmonkeyman
Der Hammer
YorkshireBlue
Hippo
StevenRyals
Evil Weasel
Amadjin
Raygin Bull
Fozza
Dotleo

People will be getting there roles very soon, some already have theres and are in a prenight... once there orders are in, the game can commence, and everyone else will recieve there roles.  ;)

people have until 5pm on Thursday to send me there pre-night actions, otherwise they forfeit there actions.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:23:08 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Re: Axe Mafia 1: EVIL vs GOOD
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:29:58 PM »
You are awoken to the sound of the most horrible yet hypnotic sound you have ever heard. You quickly jump up and head towards the area where the sound is coming from, where you see 12 people all gathering towards the same sound, eminating from this large strange object. Everyone appears to be as confused as each other.
then the Sound stops... 1second, 2 seconds 3 seconds,  Then a loud and tone-less voice speaks...

HELLO HUMANLINGS,
NICE TO SEE YOU ALL HAVE MADE IT.
WELCOME TO THE EXPERIMENT.
WHERE ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU MUST BE CONFUSED.
THE ANSWER IS YOU WERE CHOSEN FOR YOUR SKILLS TO TEST HOW YOUR PLANET WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST.
THERE IS EVIL AMONGST YOU
YOU NEED TO REMOVE IT IF YOU WISH TO AVOID EVIL CONQUERING YOUR PLANET.
TO HELP SPEED THINGS UP, EACH DAY YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHO WILL ENTER THIS DOOR...

A huge door suddenly appears on the wall, you wonder how the hell you didnt spot it. ???

TO DECIDE WHO GOES INTO THE DOOR REQUIRES A MAJORITY VOTE.
TO HELP YOU CAST YOUR VOTES YOU MAY USE THIS COMPUTER.

A keyboard and screen suddenly appear on the wall, that wasnt there before was it? erm, wheres that door gone?

YOU CAN HAVE THREE PRIME SUSPECTS AT ANY TIME.
TO ANNOUNCE A PRIME SUSPECT YOU TYPE IN CAPITALS AND BOLD... FOS PLAYERNAME
THEY WILL THEN BE DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN AT A LATER DATE.
ONCE YOU HAVE USED A FOS, THIS IS PERMENANT FOR THE DURATION OF THE DAY.
IF A PLAYER GETS 3 FOS FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE, THEN THIS IS REGARDED AS AN EXTRA VOTE FOR ENTRY INTO THE DOOR.
YOU CAN ALSO CAST A VOTE BY TYPING YOUR SUSPECT IN CAPITALS AND BOLD... VOTE PLAYERNAME
WARNING: ONCE YOU HAVE CAST YOUR VOTE OR FOS, IT CANNOT BE REMOVED.
YOU CANNOT FOS AND VOTE THE SAME PERSON.

REMEMBER YOU ALL HAVE SKILLS WHICH SHOULD AID YOU ON YOUR QUESTS BUT THERE IS A CATCH.
BEFORE ANYONE CAN USE THERE SKILLS, THEY MUST POST IN THE DAYS DISCUSSIONS A CERTAIN NUMBER OF TIMES. POINTLESS/COUPLE WORD POSTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. MY DECISIONS WILL BE FINAL. MUHAHAHAHAHA

THANKYOU FOR YOUR PARTICPATION...

and on that the voice stops.

you feel a vibration from your Personal Message Organsiser, you are there reminded of your skills...
You know that revealing your skills to the wrong people could be fatal, so you decide to keep quiet on what you can do for the time being...
You look around at your fellow subjects, hmm, best start making some investigations then hadnt i?

then something appears on the screen...

GAME UPDATE
the Story so far:
There has been 3 different people investigated already!

DAY 1
There are 12 alive.
It will require a maximum of 7 votes to make someone enter the door...
Otherwise the Majority goes through....

People with votes against there name:
People with a FOS against there name:
People not voting: Billyman, ChurchofHalo, Manicmonkeyman, Der Hammer, YorkshireeBlue, Hippo, StevenRyals, Evil Weasel, Amadjin, Raygin Bull, Fozza, Dotleo

Please Enter your action >
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:58:31 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 09:35:49 PM »
I think we are going to like this game!  No pointless voting, no pointless posts!!!!

We will have to come up with new and creative ways to determine who's who now, since in the past we've always relied on posting patterns and bandwaggon jumpers as a main part of our innocent/guilty verdicts....

Any thoughts?

-steven

hippo

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »
This should be pretty interesting. Day one's certainly going to be different to usual with the lack of a random vote phase. Can't be too hasty anymore. I suppose the way people will have pressure put on them is through the new fos system. But it'll take some getting used to.

Quick question: With the not fos'ing and voting for the same person (which i presume is to stop people effectively contributing 1 and a third votes to one person's lynch), can you not convert an fos to a full vote?

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 09:53:54 PM »
YOUR VOTE OVERULES THE FOS, AND THE FOS WILL BE REMOVED. ONCE VOTED. THATS IT... NO GOING BACK!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS WITH REGARDS TO THERE ROLES, PM ME.  ;)

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 09:55:27 PM »
Good question....

I assume if you fos someone, and then vote for them later... by common sense the vote simply cancels the fos out..

I'm not even reallly sure of what roles would be in this game yet... I think axeman has thrown some twists in here, because obviously he has put some time into this one...  

good luck

-Steven

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »
oh.. OK.. axeman beat me to it..

sweeney

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 09:58:30 PM »
Hmmm...

Some nice ideas in there Axey.

I also like it that non contributors cannot vote, therefore making the bandwagon a little more diofficult to use effectively.

We now need people to start posting and get deducing from what they write 8)

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »
AXEMAN:

Question:

12 people
1 permanent vote per person
lets say 6 people vote for different people
leaving only 6 people to vote...
those 6 choose a new guy.
therefore everyone has voted and... you know what..
basically.. is there an exception on the voting, like.. if all votes and fos' are used, the person with the highest amount is lynched, or the day goes to a nolynch????

-steven

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »
I think Hippo is guilty. He is always guilty.....only joking.

3 Investigations all on different people to that is already 25% people investigated. If the 3 people who did the investigating all have innocent results and are innocent themselves that is 6 innocents right at the start.

Does anyone think it could be a good idea for the investigators to step forward with their results?

Im not trying to fish out the cops so don't immediately reveal anything cops, lets just see what the rest say.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 10:07:34 PM »
YES, I WILL REPHRASE IT:
THE 7 VOTES IS THE MAXIMUM NEEDED BRINGING THE NIGHT TO A CLOSE, IF ALL VOTES ARE
USED UP, THE MAJORITY VOTE GOES THROUGH THE DOOR

ManicMonkeyMan

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 10:20:20 PM »
hello peeps, looking forward to this game, think its gonna be alot different.  hopefully it will get everyone to contribute allowing us to hopefully pick up on peoples posts ;)

hippo

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 10:21:43 PM »
I suppose it depends on the numbers of evil compared to good, but if the 3 people doing the investigating are all good, and each investigated a different person each, and they all came back innocent too, then we'd be extremely lucky.

I know you weren't encouraging roleclaims, but i really don't think all that revealing you suggested as a possibility would be a good idea. Not this early, with the odds stacked against it being a positive thing anyway.

ChurchofHalo

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »
I like the sound of the improvments meaning more players more active, that will keep the game flowing and the FOS thing should work well.

dotLeo

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 10:39:03 PM »
sounds great :D

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 11:10:24 PM »
I suppose it depends on the numbers of evil compared to good, but if the 3 people doing the investigating are all good, and each investigated a different person each, and they all came back innocent too, then we'd be extremely lucky.

I know you weren't encouraging roleclaims, but i really don't think all that revealing you suggested as a possibility would be a good idea. Not this early, with the odds stacked against it being a positive thing anyway.

Thats even without adding the possibility of an insane cop through into the mixer which would screw a lot up.

Since it is the first day we do not have much information. These are the people who have not checked in yet. I know it is still early in the day but lets just keep an eye on them......

Billyman
YorkshireBlue
Evil Weasel
Amadjin
Fozza

yorkshire blue

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 11:10:40 PM »
yes this sounds better then the old games
hope it is

Offline Sir Villain

• Monster Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »
yes this sounds better then the old games
hope it is

Alright...... :-\

Just been thinking, what if we start to lynch someone then they claim as a cop or something and backs it up with real evidence so we have to unvote him.
I propose using this system before we type in our proper votes

FAKEVOTE:YORKSHIRE BLUE

then when we reach a majority as a group everyone can stick in our unchangable real votes?

hippo

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »
Yeah, this has to be better than the other games really.  ;)

And hammer, you scoundrel, trying to bend the rules. Good work. I think it'd be a safer way to go about things, and we can still pressure all the non-posters in to emerging (if there is any) without committing ourselves to sending them through the dreaded door.

FAKEVOTE DER HAMMER

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 11:48:24 PM »
suddenly there is a loud noise:
ping ping pong ping
then a female airport announcer type voice starts...

THIS IS NOT STRICTLY A MAFIA GAME, ALMOST EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED TO AN EXTENT WHILST KEEPING WITHIN THE ESSENCE OF THE MAFIA FORMAT. WITHOUT THE MAFIA GAMES, THIS ADAPTION WOULD NEVER OF BEEN ABLE TO BE HERE. PLUS ITS STILL EARLY DOORS WITH THINGS THAT POSSIBLY NEED TWEAKING, I'M TRYING TO ADD BASIC RPG ELEMENTS INTO IT, AND ITS STILL NEW TO EVERYONE, THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS TO HAPPEN. IT COULD QUITE EASILY GO TITS UP.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

pong pong ping pong