Author Topic: Neverwinter: Oathbound Paladin  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Re: Neverwinter: Oathbound Paladin
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2016, 03:01:05 AM »
yep its great for a free game. Ive not bought an xbox game since launch, and i'll soon be canceling my boomerang rental contract, cause i really do not play anything else, apart from the freebies we get on live. lol

I think your problem Z is that you started with the GWF, so anything else you play from now on will seem weak and useless in comparison. lol
I started with the wizard, and thought it was that hard for all chars! how wrong i was. the Pally brought a new lease of life to the game for me, and when i read they are gonna nerf it i lost interest again, what is the point in building this char up anymore if they gonna destroy it? so then I went GWF a few days ago, and this is currently easier than the pally was! :)

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:38 AM »
I've actually spent about 80% of my time in NW as a Guardian Fighter as that was my main and only character for a long time.

That's MMOs for you. Imagine how I felt as a GF when the OPs arrived, much better all round at absorbing team damage and can out put a hundred times more, I have a good laugh every time I hear OPs cry they don't output any damage, you try playing as a GF, in fact most even half geared OPs will output more damage than most other damaged based classes whilst tanking all the damage. I'm not big into D&D but I'm pretty sure that's not what a paladins role is.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 03:25:34 AM »
yeah the mechanic of Banes thingy after throwing the bubble up should never be allowed. lets absorb all damage from every body making them immune and throw it down to just 20% which you can take, but at the same time allow another power to activate that also throws back a percentage of ALL the damage dished out to your whole party by the AI! Stopping that and the permabubble by using a 10 second limit is all they needed to do, but making it so that if you use it you could die is just stupid!
I can see Why the bubble makes people lazy by just standing in the red. but in the same breath, the Dungeons for most people are so fucked up with the damage given out, it makes it impossible sometimes with randoms... who wants to do a dungeon for an hour and half with nothing as a reward, if you make it to the end at all?
the balance is complety out of kilter, and Cryptic only seems to nerf things cause of the overpowered peeps who run with ease.... give them harder dungeons instead of rehashing stuff for people less than lvl70! there is plenty for pre 60 peeps already, far too much really cause you will reach 60 with quests still to do(i have 6 zones still to do with my GWF!), its after 70 and peeps with gear score of 3000+ they need to cater for.