Author Topic: FA Cup... Chelsea vs City  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
FA Cup... Chelsea vs City
« on: February 21, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »
True to his word, Pellers has chosen a lot of the kids in the starting 11...

Caballero, Zabaleta, Adarabioyo, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, A.Garcia, M.Garcia, Celina, Iheanacho, Faupala
Subs: Hart, Clichy, Humphreys, Kompany, Fernandinho, Barker, Sterling

The only problem with this, is the fact he has thrown them to the wolves by playing Demmi and Kolarov. the 1st team cant win with them two in defence, how are these kids supposed too?
I'm really not looking forward to it now. I just hope they all give a good account of themselves. :)
Adarabioyo CB 18 years old
Aleix Garcia Midfielder 19 years old
Manu Garcia midfielder 18 years old
Bersant Celina Winger 19 years old
Kelechi Striker 19 years old
Faupala Striker 18 years old

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
Re: FA Cup... Chelsea vs City
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »
Thought the kids did well enough considering.. 
but demi was the weakest link and I'm not even considering Willy in this equation..  he was horrific..

Adarabioyo, voted man of the match.  I'd play him instead of Demi tbh..  for the rest of the season
Garcia, put in a shift, good work rate.. struggled to keep up with the game at times over committing to players and getting passed around easily.
Celina wasn't in the game much and was right to have been substituted.
nacho.. we know what hes capable of..
Faupala, thought he had some really good moments combining with Iheanacho.
Barker, really liked his vision and had a couple good runs.. 

I think if we had an opponent like the rags have, we would have likely won the game..  but chelsea were just too strong..

in other news..  it was nice not to hear the commentators mentions how much each side cost as it would have been heavily tilted toward chelsea.. 

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:47:45 AM »
we would of been better sticking 11 eds lads on, cause the only ones to let us down was the 'pros' and of course fatigue. you cannot possibly ask 18 year old kids to keep up with seasoned pro's over 90 minutes.
Pellegrini completely lost my faith with this match, it was a disgrace.

Barca dont change there team, as an example, they actualy played more games last year and do not rotate like we do.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
Vindicated after beating Kiev and winning the league cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »
no cause going by the same philosphy, we are due to play Liverpool tomoz, so he should be fielding the youngsters again.... don't think so. He purposely played a team that would get beat. what signal is that to the young players? he could of destroyed them forever.
And also to purposely send a team out to lose is a disgrace in itself.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »
I disagree.. I think it's about time we put one over on the FA/BBC/Sky.. we've been getting the shit end of scheduling all season.. 
when united played on wednesday, their game was moved to Friday night..  when we played on wednesday, our game was moved to Sunday..  so fuck them..  their biggest game of the weekend turned out to be a flop and nobody ended up watching.. good.. hope they lost a ton of money on it as well..

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 12:33:45 AM »
i know they probably sat down and looked at the potential fixture list build up, and thought sod it. i still think it was wrong the way it was done.

of course if we now go on to win the league and get to the semis of the champs league you could say it was a success... and i will happily say i was wrong.
I just have this sneaky feeling pellers may fcuk us over lol maybe thats the old pessimist in me haha

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 01:30:32 PM »
LOL  yup.. the old pessimist always sticks around..  it's not often that I actually think we'll win a game lol 

tbh, nothing said that we would even beat chelsea if we played a "full strength" (minus a ton of injuries) team..
I do agree that demi was arguably the most vulnerable player on the pitch.. 
but I was told that the FA rules for Premier League squads is that a certain number of senior players is required..  maybe 2 or 3, so if this is true, it explains why they were played..  I can't remember how to spell his name, but the young centerback that played alongside demi was impressive.  I though he was twice the player demi was, both athletically, positionally, by distibution, etc..  good prospect there.