Author Topic: City v Leicester  (Read 852 times)

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
City v Leicester
« on: February 06, 2016, 01:22:49 PM »
Poor start and could/should be down by more.  Gee they are a good counter attacking team.  Silva is good but YaYa just not getting back and helping. 

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
Re: City v Leicester
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:53:24 PM »
I expected pelle to pick that team & us to get beaten. Can't understand why pelle can't se what we all can see, that both Yaya & Demi are past it & a liability to the team.  Yaya can no longer play in a 2 man midfield & should be used as an impact sub....We played much better with Fernandinho & Delph in the centre of the mid & Sagna @ centre back.

I like Pelle but I think he has taken the team as far as he can & looking forward to a change next season

Demi is already leaving at the end of the season & I think Yaya will be on his way out too.

I expect to see a few more going as well like Nasri & Bony & maybe Navas & Mangala as well.

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:29:57 PM »
For a counter attacking team like Leicester it was all too easy as the 2 centre backs were hung out to dry and no pace to get them out of trouble. The gaps were huge and as usual there was no real effort to get back once the ball was lost.

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 11:33:58 PM »
I said before the match that it would hinge on how we handle their counter attack.  Well..  That didn't go well did it.   Agreed laser, we will see a clear out this summer I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 03:14:40 PM »
And if anyone needed a reason why Pellers must go ASAP, then that match was all you needed to see.
I agree Laser, I'm still fuming. As soon as i saw the team sheet i knew we would lose. Same thing happened against liverpool, spurs, westham... if they turn up, show some energy and want it, we crumble.

Kolarov, Demmi and yaya would not play again for me this season if i was the manager.

I wouldnt mind, but Leicester are NOT a good side. And am fed up of hearing it would be great it they won the league... At first i was like yeah, it would be good, then i started watching them a bit... Scheimchel long ball, knock on, goal... well ok, if you want the champions of England to be a long ball team then great, lets show the rest of the teams that by playing long ball you can win the league. If we want football standards in the UK to improve, then am sorry to say teams like Leicester must not succeed.

We could be out of all 4 comps end of this month.

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »
Have to agree with their tactics being a bit poor in terms of footballing standard.. 

but they have a few things we lack. 
1) belief
2) workrate
3) spirit
4) team mentality

honestly, if we could take the heart out of their players and give it to ours, we'd be 20 points ahead of everyone else already..

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
1) belief
2) workrate
3) spirit
4) team mentality
I agree and all 4 things are down to the manager to sort out!

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 05:44:42 PM »
I agree and all 4 things are down to the manager to sort out!

I didn't say it wasnt.
However, I would say that we should be able to put a dog in charge and with the players we have we should see a better team performance that we've seen recently..   

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 01:52:19 AM »
lol you wouldnt want my dog in charge, she would have them jumping over a brook and chasing birds and squirrels for hours on end...

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »
Is that not the exact strategy we employed against Leicester?  Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk