Author Topic: FA Cup Rnd4: Villa vs Man City  (Read 470 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
FA Cup Rnd4: Villa vs Man City
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »
kickoff in less than an hour.
the team:
Caballero
Zabaleta, Sagna, Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Delph, Fernandinho, Sterling, Iheanacho, Jesús Navas,
Substitutes Hart, Agüero, Silva, Celina, Barker, Esmoris Tasende, Humphreys-Grant

glad to see that either Zab or Sagna will be a Centerback today, although I can't work out the formation! lol pellers is Probably sticking delph out wide :-X
Glad Kelechi is starting, and there are 4 EDS lads on the bench too.  :D

I'm struggling to find the match as there is a lack of TV channels around the world showing it!
I'm hoping this one works...

*edit It didnt work! lol
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:08:53 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Re: FA Cup Rnd4: Villa vs Man City
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:43:04 PM »
with no live TV broadcast around the world, I wasnt able to watch the match, so had to listen to it on GMR, at least they had Fred Eyre on, goater does my head lol  :laugh:
You can watch the extended highlights at mcfc, although there is currently an issue with signing in to watch it!  :-\

By all accounts Villa were extremely poor and will no doubt soon be a championship side.
It took Kelechi just 4 minutes of the match to score his 1st scoring a proper poachers goal, the kid has a natural instinct to know where to be. A corner from delph, flicked on by sagna to, fernando's headed shot cleared off the line only for Kelechi to pounce.

that was it then, Villa would always struggle from now on. But even so, It was good to hear that Sagna despite not really having the toughest of opponents did a great job at Center Back, and yet again, a team without Yaya bossed and controlled the midfield with energy.

the 2nd came from a pass by Fernandinho to Navas, who passed into box for Sterling to run on to, but was pushed over, penalty given. Raheem picked the ball up to take the pen himself, but the Captain for the Day Zabba said Kelechi is taking it... it was then scored with coolness.  8)

2nd half and defending a villa corner, city clearing the ball to a villa player, but a terrible back pass allowed Kelechi, who had sprinted from our box to intercept the ball just inside the villa half, carried on sprinting, one on one with the keeper and he calmly places the ball in the net... Hat Trick...the 3rd player to do so this season, he has now scored 8 goals with only 507 minutes of game time, thats a goal every 63minutes... and becomes the youngest City Player to score a hattrick since Joe Hayes in 1955.

Sterling scored our 4th after a kelechi overhead kick fell for an easy tap in. 4-0 :)
The real bonus of the match was that Bersant Celina came on for Fernandinho and Angelino on for cliche with ten minutes to go, Humphrys also came on for Otamendi to get 5mins in too... thats 4 EDS players finishing the match.

So yesterday was a good day allround.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:23:05 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:29:35 AM »
After the match the players chanted Iheanacho's name as he entered the dressing room  :D

"I couldn't believe it when they did that, I'm so happy being among them and playing with them as my team-mates. They help me in training and in games. They help me to keep going.
It was a great feeling to get my first hat-trick for the club and in my career. I'm very happy.
It's a great feeling to be playing alongside so many fantastic footballers and I'm happy to be with Sergio, Yaya, Silva, Samir and the rest of them, They encourage me in every training session and in every game to keep going, to keep working hard and that helps me.

I'm happy being at City. I wanted to go to Porto before but my father said that coming here we would have a great future. It was the right decision"

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 01:50:57 PM »
Was very impressed.  Anyone looking for a replay can see one at 10:30pm (Central Standard Time) on YES Network..

I HATE when games aren't avaialble.. it's miserable af