Author Topic: the lvl 70 grind....  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
the lvl 70 grind....
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »
Ok so ive pretty much done all the elemental lvls now, but i'm still stuck on lvl 68 with my CW  :wizard:

Its a bit stupid having to redo these quests just because they dont give you enough xp to reach lvl70, to use the artifact weapon you have gained for completing them.  :-X

think am gonna go to the firepits to grind the last levels out.  :dwarf: :orc: :elf: :Merlin:

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
Re: the lvl 70 grind....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:24:08 PM »
Believe the grind is real lol

Sorry wanted to be around more this weekend to give you a hand, only had time for the off dungeon and some AFK farming the past few days.
I've done that grind twice so far (once during double xp and it's a pain) got a 3rd time round coming up soon with my Devotion Paladin and a 4th planned for a Warlock.

The Giants in Spinward give good XP if you can find a few people farming them.

Once you hit 70 you can come jump in the dungeon runs and start farming your level 70 Alliance gear.
Got x2 AD Thursday too so anything you don't want can be refined for double the usual.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:42 PM »
its been easier with a 35% bonus XP lol
level 69 now, if I get to play tomoz, i should be near 70, then i'll do my rogue later in feb when there is x2 xp event. lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:13:34 PM »
yay! lvl70 now... my equipment is now shit though. haha

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 11:36:29 PM »
Finally managed to earn some Astral Diamonds via skirmishes lol I need to buy a bag ASAP lol Although the Epic Dungeons are full of Quiters when they fail at the first attempt at a boss lol impossible to beat the bosses with just a Control Wizard haha

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 11:39:03 PM »
Awesome. Didn't take too long huh lol

If your about this weekend, come jump in some T1 dungeons with the boys and I. You will get the odd boss drop for alliance t1 gear and the rest you can farm seals to buy from the vendor in the market.

You really need the HP buff the level 70 gear gives you to be viable in the new areas.

Once you've got enough gear from running T1s and built your item level up sufficiently you can go play in the T2s where the real challenge is lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:29 PM »
need to get some stuff to upgrade all my gems and shit too. lol
Its hard work being a CW nowadays. I freeze them and some fooker smashes em taking my kills lol
I'm generally 3rd on the list for damage given, I used to be first before lvl70 upgrades lol and always 1st for damage received lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 11:50:00 PM »
yeah, i love dungeon dwelling, i love bouncing around waiting for the others to die to go again haha same again, no gigs Sat & sun so I should be on weekend... just the footy on Sat, and if i got to to do owt with the missus haha
And my headset works! it must of been a glitch when i turned my xbox on or something, could also be that i upgraded the firmware on the controller lol

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
the lvl 70 grind....
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 12:38:48 AM »
need to get some stuff to upgrade all my gems and shit too. lol
Its hard work being a CW nowadays. I freeze them and some fooker smashes em taking my kills lol
I'm generally 3rd on the list for damage given, I used to be first before lvl70 upgrades lol and always 1st for damage received lol

CW role is just as in the name, Crowd Control and trash cleaner.

Your never going to be top pain giver with a GWF or SW around and you don't really want to be getting hit either, that's the GF and Bubble pallys job, you will be one shotted in most dungeons.

CW sort of fill that middle ground that makes the entire groups life easier and invaluable for stuff like the Epic Grey Wolf Den boss fight.

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 12:41:05 AM »

yeah, i love dungeon dwelling, i love bouncing around waiting for the others to die to go again haha same again, no gigs Sat & sun so I should be on weekend... just the footy on Sat, and if i got to to do owt with the missus haha
And my headset works! it must of been a glitch when i turned my xbox on or something, could also be that i upgraded the firmware on the controller lol
Excellent. Even after all these years xbox party chat is still a buggy piece of shit.
Hardy a weekend goes by when we don't have an issue or two with it.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 12:52:30 AM »
yeah i know lol
thats why i chose the path of the renegade, it gives good buffs for a groups, some of my feats give a bonus to combat advantage.
Dealing Damage to targets has a chance to apply Chaos Magic to yourself and allies within 50'. When you are affected by Chaos Magic you cannot be affected by a new Chaos Magic. You will be affected by Chaotic Growth, Chaotic Nexus, or Chaotic Fury.

Chaotic Growth - Heal yourself for 250% weapon damage every .5 seconds for 10 seconds.

Chaotic Nexus - You gain 30% additional Armor Penetration and Critical Chance for 10 seconds.

Chaotic Fury - You gain 30% additional Damage and 10% additional Life Steal for 10 seconds.
I've tried spellstorm mage, and just didnt see the point as like you say, you are never going to give tonnes of damage, so go for being a buff... plus the Chaotic growth comes in at the right times sometimes...the amount of times i'm near death then CG hits in is unbelievable lol

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 09:25:24 PM »
Love double AD time, just salvaged over 1 million AD of dungeon loot :)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 02:20:48 PM »
WoW (sorry, wrong game haha)

Thats mad, i guess you stored a shit load of weapons haha
you gonna buy the dragonborn pack with it? lol

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 09:49:18 PM »
lol

I have hundreds of bank slots from a ah-hem glitch a while back so I just hoard shit for double events to get the most out of it.
It's all RAD spread across 4 characters at the minute so got some refining to do before it becomes useful.

Have about 3000 zen at the minute though. Bought for less than 120Ad, double diamonds usually pushes the price up and hoping the new expansion sends it through the roof so I can cash in.
Tbh most of that will get blown on upgrading my greater Vorpal to perfect :/ lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 02:07:54 PM »
yeah methinks the price will be around 200 soon, and back upto 250 like it was a month or 2 ago  :-\

lol Wish i had known about that glitch.  :'(