Author Topic: Neverwinter...  (Read 844 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Neverwinter...
« on: January 10, 2016, 06:49:04 PM »
although some would say it seems like winter all the time here lol

Probably the best freebie available on XBOX. :)

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
Re: Neverwinter...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:20:34 PM »
Was just about to start a Neverwinter topic when I saw this lol

Indeed is the best freebie, sometimes I wished I'd never started playing but I love it lol

Must be getting close to 1000 hours played since it came out in April.

If you like MMOs you would like this but can be played by the casual and hardcore alike.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:36:37 PM »
glad I joined your guild, I never realised the stronghold expansion was like that haha

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 12:40:42 AM »
Yea it's one of those games that's playable solo but having people around helps break some of the monotony, plus also whilst a lot may look pretty straight forward on the surface, underneath lies an actually pretty complex system.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 01:31:05 AM »
It annoyed me when then stopped you being able to farm Astral Diamonds using Leadership, thats how I managed to get the majority of Astral diamonds to save up for the Hierloom pack and just yesterday, the Champion of the north pack... which has an awesome spider mount available for every Char i create. :)
I can no longer get astral diamonds from rix as i can not play the dungeons or skirmishes he asks me too... i can only get them if i play PVP 4 times lol
And i miss roaming around on well of the dragons chasing heroic events until it was time to do the Dragon run. lol

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 04:04:59 AM »
Yea Rhyx got changed, no need to talk to him anymore.
Everything is about being level 70 tbh. One you get there the t1 and t2 5 man dungeons open and you can farm heroics all you like in WOD, IWD and DV.

The leadership changes were a little heavy handed for the xbox version but this is a holdover from the much needed changes to the PC version due to botting, they plan to have the PC and xbox version on parity in the next couple of months.

You still can't earn anywhere need the level of diamonds you could mod 5 but after being needed into oblivion they are gradually returning it to a reasonable level, I'm pretty ok with how things are at the minute.

But like I say when you get to 70 you get back to the sort of position we were in on mod 5.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:07:14 AM by MASTERZULU »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 12:24:06 AM »
to be fair, for a free game, it is huge with tonnes to do... and i like how they constantly add new content. :)

I just cant earn any astral diamonds at the mo and its killing me haha

HappyWiz lvl63 now lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 12:15:02 PM »
the enemy's on the Stronghold are pretty tough for a lvl63 wizard  :wizard:
Ive been putting all my excess stuff i get into the stronghold coffer... which i'm still working out...
You need to earn food, but you need to build the farm... how do you build the farm? is that only after you upgrade the stronghold to lvl2?  ???

Do you normaly play in the afternoon before work MZ?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:41:20 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 04:12:21 AM »
ok, I been doing the new Assault... Ive done it about 20 times with my wizard, nothing. first time i do it with my rogue, i get the Companion! go figure. lol

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »
lvl66 and three quarters now... lol

Just noticed I have got a respec coin. Dunno wether to use it or wait till am lvl70. there are a couple things I want to change on my chars feats.

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:45 PM »
Sorry Axeman for some reason I missed all the above posts until now, found then thanks to Tapatalk lol

Stronghold takes a huge amount of donations to build and upgrade stuff, the aim is marketplace level 4 to unlock the dragonflight gear which is BiS, my GWF is in a different guild for this reason.

I normally play for maybe an hour or so on an evening before I go to work and maybe an hour when I get home in the morning, usually mostly on during the weekend though.

As for the respec coin I would wait until 70 and once you have the alliance and elemental gear.

Check out some of the guides on MMOminds.com also as they have some great builds on there.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »
yeah i see it takes a lot, but a lot need food, and you can only have food when you have a farm... when can you build the farm? lol

I play weekends mostly too, usually depends if i have a gig or a City match to attend. lol I try to log on both my chars everyday just for the sake of it. haha

Its just that i wasted some of my feat points on pointless shite that has no real benefit lol

did you notice my signature has a pic of Tiamat? i miss cutting his heads off :( lol
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:29:39 PM by Happy Axeman »

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 08:06:27 PM »
Feck knows lol. I leave that stuff to people who like spreadsheets. I just like to slap stuff around with a big ass sword.

Pretty sure it's just endless grind and upgrading various structures, I have little interest aside from getting my guild marks to buy Dragonflight gear.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 03:16:16 AM »
lol I like shit like that though, am a original settlers fan haha
Just that sometimes you can start building the wrong stuff, then have to demolish it haha, i learnt that on lots of games.

I have another slot for a char, I need to make an axeman, but there is a real lack of Axe's in the game why? lol

BTW, Who kicked me out of your guild? I got an invite to rejoin, and thought wtf who kicked me out whilst chuckling to myself. haha
also if you want a board for neverwinter and Eckythump, am happy to add one. ;)

Not working this weekend so will prob see you online.. you can help me with the air levels. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:28:04 AM by Happy Axeman »

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
    • Suicide squad
Neverwinter...
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 03:42:29 AM »
Cool, hoping to get some game time in this weekend, wife and kids permitting of course lol

Wow I loved Settlers, I think that is still one of few boxed PC games I own. That and Command and Conquer. Awesome.

Great Weapon Fighter will be as close as you can get to an Axeman, strange really with all the Orcs, Elves and shit you would have thought.

Great Weapon Fighter level 70 weapon is the Elemental Fire Great Axe, you can buy transmutes though and make your stuff look like what ever you want tbh, wait until after the next update when the Tarmalune trade store is revamped and you can actually buy reasonably priced things with trade bars.

As for being kicked, fook knows, doubt anyone has ever been kicked before lol. Only me and 2 others who could do it, probably just a mistake.
We are super casual with NW tbh even with the amount of hours invested.
Both Kev, Nar and I come from backgrounds in Eve spending the first 5 hours every evening dealing with corp management and politics, now we just chill and murder countless Orcs and Dragons lol

See you soon on the Sword Coast buddy ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:50:08 AM by MASTERZULU »

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 04:22:58 PM »
I think its a bug, every time i log into my rogue for the 1st of day, i get an invite to ecky thump. lol