Author Topic: Everton Vs City Carling cup Semi Final 1st leg...  (Read 518 times)

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Everton Vs City Carling cup Semi Final 1st leg...
« on: January 06, 2016, 05:08:10 PM »
1st leg at Goodison tonight, 8pm kick off. Available on Sky Sports 1

Tricky fixture, and with our current form it could go any way.
We need to come flying out the blocks tonight instead of waiting to concede or the 70th minute. lol

hoping for a 2 goal lead to take home for the 2nd leg...

:cityfan:

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
Re: Everton Vs City Carling cup Semi Final 1st leg...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:17:07 AM »
oh dear, beaten again.

Am not going to say much, I'll leave that for someone else to say haha
but I thought Yaya was a disgrace to his profession and paypacket.
When Navas received it from Aguero I had my head in my hands crying nooooooYeeesssss get in lol unfortunately the equalising goal was short lived and we ended losing 2-1...

which is a better result than losing 1-0 because of the away goal...

although it would appear that both Liverpool teams could be through to the final of the Micky Mouse Cup  :2funny:

Offline captainK

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 05:06:37 PM »
You need a bit off steel playing everton and I think only fernandinho and sagna provided that. Id re-sign Nigel de Jong for the run in I think him and Fernandinho would be terrific together.

Silva still not right, cant seem to thread a pass. We are playing quite predictably and not playing the ball into space enough.

Aguero still way off the pace needs more time, its times like this I wish we had kept Dzeko.

Need a good first 15 minutes in the home leg. Id start navas. In our first 5 prem games this season he was great, needs a good run and a good confidence boost.

Offline Happy Axeman

• City till it kills me
  • The Gaffer
  • Community Star
  • Smile, Be Happy
    • Happyaxeman.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
I dont think we need DeJong, we need to stop playing Yaya as part of a middle 2 :)

I think the problem for silva is that the players are just not finding the space to run in too, wether it be lack of fitness from returning players, the players not trying hard enough, or the opposing teams park bus formation.

Dzecko? no thanks hahaha i lost my confidence in him when it became obvious he no longer wanted to work hard.
Kelechi SHOULD be given more chances, the kid oozes natural talent and awareness.

Navas is a player the really does frustrate me. I agree, i was really impressed with his seasons's start but then he has slid back into his old usual self...
He works hard and has pace and the skill to be brilliant, but he just does not do the right things at the right time. He will cut inside when he should be marauding down the line, he goes down the line when he should be cutting in... and his final ball? omg lol

Everton round 2 this weds but this time its an EPL game... lets hope Pellegrini and the players have learnt their lessons...

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:07:06 PM »
^^^  that.. 

yaya isn't performing in that role..  if we REALLY need 2 in front of our back 4, Yaya shouldn't be one of them..   

really liking Iheanacho, he should be ahead of Bony in the team I think..