Author Topic: Mafia 25 - Star Wars Mafia  (Read 105190 times)

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
Re: Mafia 25 - Star Wars Mafia
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2016, 12:37:01 AM »

Just to clarify Axe was the doctor, he did not decide to save himself in the night phase and was killed as he was targeted.

Ahhhhh OK. Thanks for clearing that up.
Sooooo everything is still as clear as mud unless we can figure out who had it in for Axeman lol......

Offline stevenryals

• A true blue from across the pond
  • I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2016, 12:45:07 AM »

From this post alone we have learnt that you employed the same logic with your Wes scenario as the one you are saying is "off" given by MIASG....
It's the exact same scenario. If you or Wes are mafia and Happy tried to protect either of you, then we are assuming he died protecting a mafia.
Not because that mafia player was targeted but because he chose incorrectly.

The difference is that by my logic I came to the conclusion that we learned nothing from the night.  The same conclusion that you've come to.  MIASG came to the conclusion that I must be evil.   This is why I can't think of anything other than he is trying for a quick day 2 bandwagon with faulty logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2016, 12:49:09 AM »
We may not have anything from the night phase really, but my sus radar is pinging at MIASG TBH and my vote remains.   The explanation of logic, to me, still doesn't add up.

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2016, 12:52:07 AM »
Vote Count

Steveryals 1 vote
Miasg 1 vote

5 votes are required for a lynch

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2016, 02:10:51 AM »
The difference is that by my logic I came to the conclusion that we learned nothing from the night.  The same conclusion that you've come to.  MIASG came to the conclusion that I must be evil.   This is why I can't think of anything other than he is trying for a quick day 2 bandwagon with faulty logic.

Agree that his vote was very hasty and without too much merit, seems he took my question as fact and ran with it.
Then posted of his confusion and unvoted you... Ploy to make us believe he actually was confused and trying to sweep his hastiness under the rug? maybe so...

In light of TCH's clarification though any speculation of whether he protected evil or not is now cleared up.

laser is looking suss to me
Has a go at me for coming up with a theory, which I made quite clear was a question and speculation and in fact actually led to the discussion causing TCH to clarify the circumstances of Happy's death.
Yet instead of voting for me, takes the easy bandwagon approach and jumped on steven's vote to vote for MIASG.

Going back through day 1 has made me think MASTERZULU is most likely good.
3 people were "linked" to Happy early on and only MZ defended that link.

wes and steve were the others and they weren't so worried, was this because they know Happy was good?
Then wes goes on to attack Happy on a number of occasions, saying he was too quiet etc when he was probably one of the most active players.
And this is why I will VOTE wesmancity

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2016, 02:12:14 AM »
TCH can you please post the vote count again... I don't think the last one is correct.

Offline Tommy Caton's Hairstylist

• Busy Bee
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2016, 02:27:07 AM »

Vote Count

Miasg 2 votes
Wes 1 vote

5 votes are required for a lynch

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
  • I don't want the world I just want your half -TMBG
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2016, 03:22:54 AM »
So i was flying under the radar and suss day 1 .. thought I had a workable theory day 2 and participate and thats me starting a bandwagon (that no one joined mind you ) .. can't win.  Looking at bandwagons look at mophead or lasers votes

Offline mophead

• To be or not to be......
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2016, 05:11:15 AM »
I think we should be looking at who didn't have it out for axeman, why would the mafia take out a player if they were blatantly, or at least slightly noticeably against him? Unless the mafia players aren't that we'll thought out then assuming his enemies would be evil too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SWB II

Offline mophead

• To be or not to be......
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2016, 05:12:05 AM »
But at the same time just cause someone was against him doesn't mean they are mafia because town don't know who each other are and I don't think mafia know either? I don't remember mafia rules

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SWB II

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2016, 01:57:21 PM »
Here's what Happy had to say in post #142..

1) MIASG/DickensCider/Mophead were his top 3 potential mafia..

Notice that immediately after Day2 starts, Dickens Cider & MIASG are on and ready to play  all of a sudden after a quiet day one..
maybe some exciting night time conversation between mafia kept them on the board more often than usual.. 

we're down to 9 (less 1 good and one evil), likely leaving 2-3 mafia. 
I may get voted off on day 3 for this if I'm wrong, but I think MIASG & Dickens_Cider are both mafia.. and someone else playing a much better game or not even signing on..
Can't tell about mophead since he's just arrived for day 2.. 

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2016, 05:09:57 PM »
Agree that his vote was very hasty and without too much merit, seems he took my question as fact and ran with it.
Then posted of his confusion and unvoted you... Ploy to make us believe he actually was confused and trying to sweep his hastiness under the rug? maybe so...

In light of TCH's clarification though any speculation of whether he protected evil or not is now cleared up.

laser is looking suss to me
Has a go at me for coming up with a theory, which I made quite clear was a question and speculation and in fact actually led to the discussion causing TCH to clarify the circumstances of Happy's death.
Yet instead of voting for me, takes the easy bandwagon approach and jumped on steven's vote to vote for MIASG.

Going back through day 1 has made me think MASTERZULU is most likely good.
3 people were "linked" to Happy early on and only MZ defended that link.

wes and steve were the others and they weren't so worried, was this because they know Happy was good?
Then wes goes on to attack Happy on a number of occasions, saying he was too quiet etc when he was probably one of the most active players.
And this is why I will VOTE wesmancity

If you didn't take notice my vote was on Miasg on day 1 & what's happened so far on day 2 only goes to make me think I was right.

also its no good looking at who had a go at axeman on day 1 cause as a town player you would have no idea he was town too. like mophead says more likely mafia (knowing he was good) would avoid being noticeably against him.

& yes I challenged you, just like I've had a go at a few people because that's how you find things out.  I went on to vote miasg because he looks most sus to me at the moment, so why would I vote for some else? 

Offline laserblue

• Veteran
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2016, 05:13:53 PM »
Dirty Rat & Morosekitten are you still with us ???

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
Ryals seeing how it was locked out until morning our time and tapatalk told me there was a notification I read what happened then the rest is written in my previous posts.  I'll have to go back and see the time diff from my posts to dickens but fairly certain its not "the same time" .. look at my activity I'm pretty much on my own theres no bandwagoning there's no support for me and why because I'm town and I'm the only one who knows it.  I have strong suspicion that 1 other is town but for all I know everyone else could be mafia.  And yes Ryals and Laser are top of my list, kitten and rat are non existent, and everyone else just slightly less suss.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline MIASG

• Monster Member
« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »
Looks like 2hrs between me and dickens post .. and MZ posted in between.  Blows that part of your theory out of the water. 

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2016, 12:52:58 AM »
Here's what Happy had to say in post #142..

1) MIASG/DickensCider/Mophead were his top 3 potential mafia..

Notice that immediately after Day2 starts, Dickens Cider & MIASG are on and ready to play  all of a sudden after a quiet day one..
maybe some exciting night time conversation between mafia kept them on the board more often than usual.. 

we're down to 9 (less 1 good and one evil), likely leaving 2-3 mafia. 
I may get voted off on day 3 for this if I'm wrong, but I think MIASG & Dickens_Cider are both mafia.. and someone else playing a much better game or not even signing on..
Can't tell about mophead since he's just arrived for day 2.. 

My play is all circumstantial... First week (Day 1), work was busy and game was slow, got on when I could and contributed when I could.
Day 2 so far, work has been slow and given the information gained from the night phase etc there is more to contribute from.

Happy's analysis is pure speculation as he wouldn't have known who other townies are, just like I don't.
I think anyone who uses that post as fact looks very suss as it was basically his internal thinking at an early point in the game.

Based on your final thoughts there, you're basically saying you think the whole mafia squad are Australians... The statistical possibilities of that happening are ridiculously low, roughly 0.02 of a percent.
Why do I think that's what you're saying? Moon is dead and was a stormtrooper (Aus). You claim I am evil (Aus). You claim MIASG is evil (Aus). You claim the non players are evil, Dirty Rat (Aus), MoroseKitten (Aus).

While all that is very interesting and a tad concerning, it doesn't lead me to think you are evil, unless you are playing the odds, knowing that if you accuse all the Australians, you are bound to get a hit with at least one or 2 of them. Then hoping that will work in your favour later.

The bit that does make me think you're evil is you thinking (or knowing) that there could only be possibly 2-3 mafia left after losing 1.
That means you think there was only 4 mafia max. Which would mean there were 7 townies to start with.
I personally think those numbers would be great, but highly unlikely.
I find it hard to believe the sides would be stacked so unevenly. I think it's more likely to have been 6 town 5 mafia (now 5 town and 4 mafia).

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2016, 01:07:54 AM »
If you read happy's post and do some very simple math, you'll see exactly where those numbers came from.  (I thought I made that clear to anyone who is not trying to manipulate information)

Why is it unlikely that all mafia are Australian? What if they were all white? Or all had freckles? Or all had a mole on their ear.. Lol. Seriously what does that have to do with anything.   Honestly, this is based on "what got happyaxeman killed". Maybe he got too close to the head mafia guy and they didn't like it. 

If I were mafia I probably would have killed a non-player because a) it's good for the game and b) it would give away nothing to the other players.   
But they went after happyaxeman, and I think it was for a reason.

Offline Dickens Cider

« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »
I have read his post many times and his words don't match his numbers.
And like I said before, just because we know he was town doesn't mean his data is any more credible. He had no idea who else was good or evil.
The only people that would find the post credible are mafia as they know he highly suspected his fellow townies and only a mafia member would play on that as much as possible, knowing full well that his thoughts were nothing more than speculation.

Why is unlikely that all mafia are Australian? The laws of probability.
Do the math 5 australians 5 max mafia
As I said in my last post, which you clearly skimmed, that works out to be 0.02 of a percent. Yes, that's 1/50th of a percent.
So while it is probable, it is HIGHLY unlikely.

I agree with you, if I were mafia I would have taken out a non-player also as it is much better for the game.
Losing Happy not only lost a strong role for town, but also lost one of the biggest contributors to the game.
That makes me think that mafia has a very experienced player or 2 who knew that they needed to take out Happy ASAP.
They know he's a strong player and needed him gone, it would be much harder for them to take him out during a day phase.

UNVOTE wesmancity still think you're evil and not playing at the moment, but you usually are and probably will be more active soon?
VOTE DirtyRat hasn't even logged on since 25th Jan clearly not interested... Maybe this will draw him out?

Offline stevenryals

• I am the Law
  • Community Star
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »
The only people that would find the post credible are mafia as they know he highly suspected his fellow townies

Only mafia would know if they were townies.   So, how do you know that they were townies?  this is your slip up.. 

unvote MIASG
vote Dickens Cider

Offline MASTERZULU

• Busy Bee
  • Adventuring across the Sword Coast
    • Suicide squad
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »

suddenly Happy Awakes...
"uughguughhhghghghhh gh aguhwwgggghhh uggguh
Wwwah rrroooaaah wha?"
then closes his eyes for the last time.

Anyone here speak Wookie? lol

I'd expect if someone has the Hans Solo role to at least have a crack at it lol

Think as stated earlier whoever took Axeman out knew what they were doing, so the finger points at one of the more experienced players.... But who??

I don't have enough history with this game to make that call.

Torn on who to vote for at the minute.

Still think there's something fishy going on with Laser and Mophead from day one.

But for now Vote Dirtyrat[b/] as we've heard little to nothing from them and I've not got much else to go on yet.